Game 73: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers; 3/26/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Is it me or does Torts go D minded 3 to always start overtimes?

:rage:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 3
  • Annoyed 1

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Someone has to ask Tortorella WTF?

Exactly after they fought like hell to have the coach bend them over like that is down right unacceptable.

I hope it is true i hope Torts is going to step aside this offseason and they let Brad Shaw take over and we will see a better over all team in 2024-25!!!

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

It’s ALL about puck possession in OT you have to put your best FO man out there… otherwise…duh. You don’t touch the puck and it’s over.

And i literally missed thanks to the ol wifey...like a blink of a damn eye.

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Can you imagine how good this team would be if they had a good power play?

:flyer:

The pp is so poor i cannot, in fact, imagine that.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

:rage:

Putting out defensive players in OT is not playing to win, that’s playing not to lose. In the OT it makes no sense ,we already got the point. Was Torts playing for a shootout? With their goalie and skill forwards,they have a huge advantage in the shootout, so I have no idea why he didn’t put out some offensive guys there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Putting out defensive players in OT is not playing to win, that’s playing not to lose.

yep. And it’s out of character for Tortorella he’s been preaching “safe is death” or something like that all year. 

the Rags are 8-1 in OT this year for obvious reasons but keeping your goal scorers on the bench is like handing it to them. You’ll never stop their best with the Flyers’ best defensive forwards, not with that much open ice. The only  chance is to win the draw and then attack the net.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

The pp is so poor i cannot, in fact, imagine that.

The worst PP three years in a row . This has never happened in the history of the NHL and we also are one of the worst in the shootout since its inception.

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The worst PP three years in a row . This has never happened in the history of the NHL and we also are one of the worst in the shootout since its inception.

It is unpresidented.

6 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

It is unpresidented.

There is a Biden joke screaming to be told…….(and that’s all I have to say about that….)

banned in 3…2…1……

Edited by flyerrod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let's hope Brad Shaw takes over at seasons end.

Is this a possibility? That Torts might leave? I think he's had an overall positive effect on the team, but his style probably won't last until Michkov is ready to play in every situation and relied upon to do everything himself a la Giroux

7 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Is this a possibility? That Torts might leave? I think he's had an overall positive effect on the team, but his style probably won't last until Michkov is ready to play in every situation and relied upon to do everything himself a la Giroux

It was rumored he wanted to move into management so there was speculation of him bring promoter and Brad Shaw taking over.

All just rumored speculation.

So I totally expect it to happen because Shaw will be highly persued and if they are smart they wouldn't let him leave.

Torts gets his wish Flyers get their coach.

Win win

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

There is a Biden joke screaming to be told…….(and that’s all I have to say about that….)

banned in 3…2…1……

Hope they can stack some wins in these next few games...

:smileyandcomputer:

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hope they can stack some wins in these next few games...

:smileyandcomputer:

I can see them starting a win streak if they continue to play Ginning and Attard and Errson. I think it was you that posted in the other thread that Kolosov was en route to the US and I would seriously use him as a b/u for Errson through the rest of the season if they can take care of all of the paperwork to make it happen.

I will add, it has come to light that Adam Fox is a *&)(&()^*^%*&$^*&^*%&*%^ing rat **** bastard.

It is my sincere hope that the next time the Flyers play that team, someone maybe Garnett Hathaway runs his punk, puke-faced, ass into the future.

Such a bitch move punching a player (York) who was engaged in a battle and not looking, in the face, and then that ************ gets the game winner?

I guess that's the result of dressing the knuckle dragger Rempe, guys who aren't tough think they can be? 

**** that guy, he's no Charlie McAvoy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I will add, it has come to light that Adam Fox is a *&)(&()^*^%*&$^*&^*%&*%^ing rat **** bastard.

It is my sincere hope that the next time the Flyers play that team, someone maybe Garnett Hathaway runs his punk, puke-faced, ass into the future.

Such a bitch move punching a player (York) who was engaged in a battle and not looking, in the face, and then that ************ gets the game winner?

I guess that's the result of dressing the knuckle dragger Rempe, guys who aren't tough think they can be? 

**** that guy, he's no Charlie McAvoy. 

I kept waiting for someone to return the favor on that cheap shot. I think they play the rags one more time this season. I will be looking forward to that game.

• Like 1

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I totally disagree but would love to hear why you think it would be a mistake?

I look at this season and I see a team that plays hard for 60. They have overachieved as a team and play as a unit. Individual players are doing really well, succeeding and developing. And all this in the middle of a rebuild and with the drama of Hart. To put it succinctly, I attribute the success of this team, and I consider them a success, to Torts. Why change that? This is why you hired him and he is delivering. Moving him to another role for a project that is unproven, is the same idiotic thing the Eagles did with their coordinator hirings, albeit they couldn't do a thing to stop the previous guys from leaving. There has been a revolving door of head coaches with this franchise. Its time to have some stability.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1