Game 82: Washington Capitals at Philadelphia Flyers; 4/16/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Has a team ever earned a playoff spot by taking the lead on an empty netter?

(Did the Flyers know when pulling the goalie that Detroit had just tied their game with 3.3 seconds remaining?)

To all the people pulling for a loss, you got your wish. And **** you in the heart. Even if they won, it didn’t matter as the Canadiens couldn’t stand the thought of helping them into the playoffs…..

4 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Flyers looking like they could spoil things for the Capitals.  30 seconds to go.

Now, I hope they go and make the Rangers..last year's Bruins. Eliminate them.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I hope they go and make the Rangers..last year's Bruins. Eliminate them.

Let’s keep that President’s Cup curse going.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Torts has to ****** go. There's no way he didn't know that Detroit had scored to tie it... there's no way nobody relayed that message to the bench and he pulls the goalie bc **** it we're out anyway.

And 1min left, down a goal we see Laughton and Poehling out on the 6 on 5. ****** unbelievable. Spites the team bc of what? Accomplishes what? Pushed to develop this "culture change" and then in the last 3 minutes of the last game of the season blows it up and says it's all ******** anyway?

5 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

And it will be an interesting off-season.

plus Cutter Gauthier signed his ELC today...should be very interesting indeed

6 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Torts has to ****** go. There's no way he didn't know that Detroit had scored to tie it... there's no way nobody relayed that message to the bench and he pulls the goalie bc **** it we're out anyway.

And 1min left, down a goal we see Laughton and Poehling out on the 6 on 5. ****** unbelievable. Spites the team bc of what? Accomplishes what? Pushed to develop this "culture change" and then in the last 3 minutes of the last game of the season blows it up and says it's all ******** anyway?

Similar thoughts were going through my mind: how can you have Laughton and Poehling on the ice at such a critical point of the game...

10 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

There's no way he didn't know that Detroit had scored to tie it... there's no way nobody relayed that message to the bench

Detroit and Pittsburgh are justifiably pissed off at that decision.  It was still 50/50 for the Flyers to spoil it all for Washington.

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Similar thoughts were going through my mind: how can you have Laughton and Poehling on the ice at such a critical point of the game...

Poehling I'm OK with, but not thrilled with having on the ice. I agree about having Laughton on the ice at a key point, I don't understand why the hell Torts would do that.

Edited by FD19372

7 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

He gave up on the team to teach Frost and Brink an important lesson.

Hey, come on....Torts coached a non-playoff caliber team all the way to out of the playoffs!

And showed excellent technique on a team lacking goals and needing a win, by benching two of the more skilled offensive players in Frost (8:01) and Brink (7:37) and playing the likes of Hathaway over twice as many minutes....because, veterans. Great rebuild. It was nice knowing ya Frosty...I'm sure you'll bring in a great 30 something year old. 

Oh, and nice job getting that pp going Torts. You've only been here TWO YEARS. Yes, I know he doesn't coach the pp....it's his coaching staff. By the way, that's a record for longest standing worst power play in the NHL. Congrats.

There's a reason Tortsie has made it all the way to the 2nd round ONCE in his last 9 seasons. As pathetic as the Flyers playoff history has been over that time, it's actually better than his playoff history. Genius.

Edited by flyercanuck