Michkov may be here this summer

7 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Disclaimer:  I haven’t seen any of these kids play so this is just my uneducated opinion.

I would say Button’s list is suspect to see players move up or down that many places at this point in the year.  First couple weeks of the season…sure.  Now…eh, no.

Button is kinda famous for over projecting "his" guys...we shall see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Good comparison. No way is Marner a “better Konecny.”

Not one GM in the world would trade Marner for TK straight up.

He has always been better than Konecny.  Maybe the gap has narrowed some, but there is a reason he was taken #4 overall and Konecny was around after pick#23.

I didn't include the rest of the post but with regard to @OccamsRazor 's JvR comparison.

Mitch Marner is a billion times better than JvR. That comparison can only work because Marner is viewed as being soft like JvR; Which I don't buy all the way into.

He's not Todd Marchand, but he wins battles and he gives a **** on defense. Does he always go to the hard areas to score?

No. Neither did Travis.

Marner is a very good pker, he puts up points, he plays wing. In terms of his contract status he's on the same schedule as Konecny.

The Flyers need guys with Marner's skill. He'd put asses in the seats for a year and would bring a nice package at the trade deadline if he's made available.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He has always been better than Konecny. 

Sure if you care about points in the regular season.

Yeah his skill level is maybe higher than Konecny's his compete level doesn't match TK's

And yeah 50 points in 57 playoffs games screams pass when it comes to a player making 11 million and soon to be 13 million plus.

Myself he doesn't fit what i hope the team becomes anyone who still wants him we'll have to agree to disagree.

But if you can trade for him then guaranteed flip him again for a nice return then i'd listen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

But if you can trade for him then guaranteed flip him again for a nice return then i'd listen.

Well I can't do that and this is all just a mental exercise, but yeah, that would be the plan.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I would say Button’s list is suspect to see players move up or down that many places at this point in the year.

Button, Freidge and McKenzie all talk to GMs and scouts. So, while they're not divulging who's picking whom and when, they do get a sense if a guy is rising or falling.

If everyone they're talking to has a kid top 5 and most of the sheets have that same kid in the 10-15 range. I'd take their hunch over say Cory Pronmann's

Button nailed the Flyers picking Morin and has generally been pretty accurate with his mocks.

He's not just compiling draft sheets, he's talking with the people making the calls. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure if you care about points in the regular season.

Travis Konecny has 8 points in 22 career playoff games.

:hocky:

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, radoran said:

You mean the the same guy on an sweet deal (at what half of what Marner is making) yeah sure he's the one on the bad team and has only made the playoffs twice out of his 8 years Marner has made the playoffs 8 years. 

Apples to oranges

🤔

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2024 at 10:34 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of seems Danny has stirred up a hornets nest lol

WE WILL NOT GIVE NIKISHIN TO CAROLINA EVEN FOR $100 MILLION” - A SOURCE IN SKA

https://matchtv.ru/hockey/matchtvnews_NI2060175_My_ne_otdadim_Nikishina_v_Karolinu_dazhe_za_100_mln_dollarov__istochnik_v_SKA

Sorry but i can't be help but laughed at this...

Guess Danny's wheelin and dealing pissed Waddell off so bad he quit?

🤣

@OccamsRazor

Wow, I wonder if he's getting some ****** news regarding the billions of UFAs the 'Canes need to resign.

I've heard the owner of the 'Canes is a hardball douche who needs to always win the negotiation and as a result no one really likes him.

For instance why on earth did they **** around resigning one of the best coaches in the league?  A: the owner is an ass.

So, maybe asshat Dundon told him, I'm not paying for all those dudes or something pointless like that .

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Well, if the Flyers made the playoffs instead of barely missing them, he’d probably have more points!

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not arguing Konecny is better than Marner. I like the way Konecny plays, but Marner is certainly more skilled. But I think the number might tilt a little closer if Marner played with Hayes, Risto, Laughton and JVR and Konecny was playing with Matthews, Reilly, Tavares, Nylander etc. 

But he was playing with a multiple nearly-an-MVP nominee!!

Seriously though, just saying "Marner can't produce in the playoffs" is simplistic. He hasn't, but as people are explaining with TK there can be "reasons" for that.

The point of the discussion isn't a comparison between Konecny and Marner, it's whether the deal makes any damn sense.

I think Konecny 's STYLE is more what the Leaves are missing. They have a lot of the same dude.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Well, if the Flyers made the playoffs instead of barely missing them, he’d probably have more points!

🤣

Possibly, but if the other team puts its energy into stopping the Flyers' line, then he might add some more Marner-like numbers.

27 minutes ago, radoran said:

Possibly, but if the other team puts its energy into stopping the Flyers' line, then he might add some more Marner-like numbers.

Just reports - nothing basically rumors TK initial asking price is in the 10 mill per AAV range.

If i see more i will post more.

Me? I hate it TK but i'm trading you and this hurts like hell but man 29 the first year of your 8 year deal sorry can't do it.

Now if they weren't straddled with Coots contract still then yeah i think i'd re-sign him.

Now if Danny Jonesy can trade Coots then yeah by all means.

But otherwise TK goes to the highest bidder - if i maybe can use him to move up in the draft even better.

My 2 cents.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

For reference 

:PopcornSmiley2:

That is a player daring you to trade them.

I think Konecny wants to be here. I think he also wants to win a Cup.

It may come down to a question of whether he thinks those two circles overlap.

Seriously, pull of this Marner deal that literally no one else is talking about and re-sign TK after he wins a Cup in Tronno.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

For reference 

:PopcornSmiley2:

So this is where that info is coming from...

I mean this looks like two guys who have no inside info just pulling stuff out of their arse.

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

That is a player daring you to trade them.

I think Konecny wants to be here. I think he also wants to win a Cup.

It may come down to a question of whether he thinks those to circles overlap.

Seriously, pull of this Marner deal that literally no one else is talking about and re-sign TK after he wins a Cup in Tronno.

If i am GM.

In a rebuild i ask him and his bestie where they want to go.

TK and Sanheim would make a very very nice package to a team that is very close.

Like a Winnipeg Jets and that is off the top of my head don't know their cap situation or lineup and all that.

But Cole Perfetti would go be a nice start to negotiations and of course any other team that is interested.

Or even revisit the St. Louie Blues deal.

And no Torey Krug would be the guy coming back.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So this is where that info is coming from...

I mean this looks like two guys who have no inside info just pulling stuff out of their arse.

No this guys are legit.

He is the same guy who has been giving us video of practice/training camp and l the inside stuff for years. Flyer let him in all the time this isn't some want to be media guy.

I've followed and posted his stuff for years here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

TK and Sanheim would make a very very nice package to a team that is very close.

LA for Byfield and a pick?

I don't think the Peg has enough young pieces or high enough picks to be giving the two best players on the team away for.

If those two are going out,  a cornerstone player  and not just some guy, which is how I view Perfetti, needs to come back. He's not a guy i build around. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

the 23rd?

I need someone who knows more about the Kings is it there window to be making more than a push just make the playoffs and see what happen or is it too early for them to be aggressive.

I have just watched less hockey hard to fight with the wife when she wants to watch something to watch the crap Flyers, has been depressing to watch other team especially teams like the Rangers.

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think the Peg has enough young pieces or high enough picks to be giving the two best players on the team away for.

If those two are going out,  a cornerstone player  and not just some guy, which is how I view Perfetti, needs to come back. He's not a guy i build around. 

Rob Blake would hang up the phone. Byfield's only just getting on track after some health issues, and giants with skill who can skate don't grow on trees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

the 23rd?

I need someone who knows more about the Kings is it there window to be making more than a push just make the playoffs and see what happen or is it too early for them to be aggressive.

I have just watched less hockey hard to fight with the wife when she wants to watch something to watch the crap Flyers, has been depressing to watch other team especially teams like the Rangers.

I think they're locked in at center with Danault, PLD, and Kopitar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

Rob Blake would hang up the phone. Byfield's only just getting on track after some health issues, and giants with skill who can skate don't grow on trees.

Sure, but I think he's painted himself into a corner at that position by not firing PLD into the sun when he had the chance.

The idea of trading the two best players for anything less that a top prospect is not just bad asset management, it's dumb.

• Like 2