What a Lousy Effort against the Devils

Guest The Quigster

Well,the guys decided to tiptoe through the Devils,hung Bobbo out to dry,couldn't get to the net,and lost. Let me see,did I forget anything?

I said it in the game thread I started, but you missed that the Flyers have scored one goal in the last two games - assuming you meant get bodies and chances to the net, not pucks in the net.

Well,the guys decided to tiptoe through the Devils,hung Bobbo out to dry,couldn't get to the net,and lost. Let me see,did I forget anything?

Well Devil had a good game plan try to keep everything to the out side and the biggest thing

THEY WANTED IT MORE!!!!!!!!

Good night all!!!!!!!!

with out trying to sound like too much of an apologist.

the whole missing 2 of your top 4 d-men and 3 of your top 9 forwards was bound to catch up ...that Flyers have been as competitive as they have speaks pretty well for them.

also the Devlis are probably the hottest team in the east over the last month and a half, they've been playing some really good hockey.

I don't think it's time to fire all things and trade everyone or really to be overly alarmed, put together 3 in a row like last night... then i might start feeling some concern. but that hasn't happend all year.

Yes, you forgot that the Flyers just won 5 in a row, have some key injuries to their core D, injuries to a few forwards and Bob hasn't played in a while.. and playing back to back nights, facing a hot Devils team.

Man, some of you guys are just complete downers and don't see the positive in anything the Flyers do...

All true Knuckles, just tired of the Devils having our number for the last 15 years...and I would also add that Lavy resting Bryz didn't help the cause.....I mean if you're going to give the guy off one night of back to back road games, why it would be against NJ and not the Laffs is beyond me

• Like 1

I think Lavy saw this let-down coming a mile away & didn't want Bryz's confidence to become the victim of a tired, under-manned team.

I was hoping we'd win yesterday, but thought we probably were due for a loss.

Amazing how well they have been playing with all of the rookies logging big minutes.

All true Knuckles, just tired of the Devils having our number for the last 15 years...and I would also add that Lavy resting Bryz didn't help the cause.....I mean if you're going to give the guy off one night of back to back road games, why it would be against NJ and not the Laffs is beyond me

if the concept is to instill confidence doesn't it make sense to play the hot guy against the team that is struggling to build that even more, rather than on night 2 against one of the hottest teams in the league after a late flight when the skaters might be fatigued.

i hate losing the the devils nearly as much as losing to the fing pens but i don't fault Laviolette for trying to keep Bryz's tires pumped for max performance.

@mojo1917

True, but I would argue that he seems to have found his confidence and his groove in the last few weeks, so I'm not really sure Lavy needed to serve him the softer games of the two. His positioning, play and body language seem indicate a guy who is feeling pretty comfortable between the pipes. Add to that you're throwing a cold Bob out there against NJ...I'm not in the locker room and obviously Lavy has a read on his players, but this was just a head scratcher for me

Edited by sarsippius

Bryz was on a roll, played 11 straight, he got the start in the first game of a back to back. Then Bob in what I think we all knew was a trap game with the injuries and everything catching up to them.

I've said it before, I'll say it 1,000 times - you have a backup goalie to play the second half of back to back games. That's what they are there for. You don't blow out your #1 guy - especially not when he's finally on a solid roll.

Now you have Bryz, still in good shape, coming back rested on Tuesday against a team he's already 2-0, .0.40, .983 against this season.

Bryz was on a roll, played 11 straight, he got the start in the first game of a back to back. Then Bob in what I think we all knew was a trap game with the injuries and everything catching up to them.

I've said it before, I'll say it 1,000 times - you have a backup goalie to play the second half of back to back games. That's what they are there for. You don't blow out your #1 guy - especially not when he's finally on a solid roll.

Now you have Bryz, still in good shape, coming back rested on Tuesday against a team he's already 2-0, .0.40, .983 against this season.

Exactly.

Roll on, Bryz. Roll on!

Posted · Hidden by krasy, March 12, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by krasy, March 12, 2012 - No reason given

Not to make excuses, but with all the injuries and 5 games in 8 days, this streak has to ended someday.

Man, some of you guys are just complete downers and don't see the positive in anything the Flyers do...

Or some people are reading too much into the comments. It was a crappy effort game. Nothing less, nothing more.

Next one is Tuesday. Let's see some fire and a win at home.

you have a backup goalie to play the second half of back to back games

definitely. except when your starter just finished pitching a shutout the game before. That is unheard of, swapping goalies after a guy gets a shutout.

definitely. except when your starter just finished pitching a shutout the game before. That is unheard of, swapping goalies after a guy gets a shutout.

Probably, but..... and I can't belive I am saying this....... Bryz deserved a little rest. We are missing some hugely important people on the D, which made Bryz work extra hard to earn those shutouts. And I have to admit, they *were* earned. The last thing Lavy wants is to burn his starting goalie out. I agree it was probably not the most opportunite time to sit him, but I guess Laviolette felt it simply needed to be done.

definitely. except when your starter just finished pitching a shutout the game before. That is unheard of, swapping goalies after a guy gets a shutout

not for nothing, but biron has started the next game after 3 of lundqvist's 8 shutouts this season. and none of them were even in back-to-back situations. the flip is true: too, lundqvist started the next after both of biron's shutouts. the kings started bernier while quick had a 3 game shutout streak going in october.

i don't know if injuries factored into any of those, but there isn't a rule on that quite like there used to be.

not for nothing, but biron has started the next game after 3 of lundqvist's 8 shutouts this season. and none of them were even in back-to-back situations. the flip is true: too, lundqvist started the next after both of biron's shutouts. the kings started bernier while quick had a 3 game shutout streak going in october.

i don't know if injuries factored into any of those, but there isn't a rule on that quite like there used to be.

I was just looking through the Rags schedule for the same info. :) Most recently, Biron shut out the Leafs (coincidentally) on Jan. 14 and Lundqvist was in net the next night for a 4-1 loss to Montreal...

I also think the Flyers are in a different situation (looking for home ice) as opposed to, say, Buffalo who's riding Miller so much to try to MAKE the playoffs.