Lavi brings the Jam!

Guest Samifan

On NHL Live they were saying that they thought Crosby knew Schenn was there and just folded like a newspaper at what was basically a tap.

Looked like a dive all the way but the best diver of all time. And then Byslma, in full knowledge of the fact that it was a dive, says his player was "targeted". Disgraceful, as was sending out the 4th line at the end of the game on home ice. Shameless, gutless behavior by both of them.

• Like 1

Best part of that whole episode was Hartsy doing the Hulk Hogan imitation to the wannabe behind the glass...

That was the funniest thing I've seen in a hockey game in years! I thought I just jumped in the way-back machine and landed in 1977

Well, not that well done - you didn't draw the cheap penalty you were looking for.

actually, he did get the call. it was nullified by the goal that went off the inside bar a few seconds earlier. total dive though or serious embellishment at the very least.

Re Crosby slashes, not called:

You reap what you sow. Don't want cheap shots, don't dish them. Schenn did give him an unfriendly wack, but Crosby greatly exaggerated it. Breaking your stick across another player, well, **** you. The refs need to do their jobs equally as possible, and burn Malkenstein and Crosby for their dirty plays too. Believe it or not, that will protect the "darlings" just as much.

And for the love of (hockey), will the refs nut up and call the holding the stick on the "chicken wing" move to DRAW a hook. Maybe throw an unsportsmanlike in there too, as it is a gutless move akin to diving.

And for the love of (hockey), will the refs nut up and call the holding the stick on the "chicken wing" move to DRAW a hook. Maybe throw an unsportsmanlike in there too, as it is a gutless move akin to diving.

I agree, but Danny B would have about 30 extra minors a season too if that were enforced

Looked like a dive all the way but the best diver of all time. And then Byslma, in full knowledge of the fact that it was a dive, says his player was "targeted". Disgraceful, as was sending out the 4th line at the end of the game on home ice. Shameless, gutless behavior by both of them.

The pens pre-season training camp with Crosby leading the way.

FG8G100Z.jpg

Just saw a replay of the Crosby Schenn incident on NBCS, turns out Crosby started that by doing a little dirty work on Schenn near the net after the whistle, so it was just desserts. Good for Schenn standing up for himself, letting Prince know he's not above retaliation.

The pens pre-season training camp with Crosby leading the way.

FG8G100Z.jpg

It's a team wide thing, for sure.

I used to be unsure if Crosby got preferential tretment. No more. They really need to forget the name on the sweater and make the calls.

• Like 1

I was impressed with the Pens. Only maybe four or five dives in the whole game. Letang trying to sell a "high" stick while the crew pointed out it never connected, twice Pens holding the stick to their own midsections drawing "hooking" calls, a couple of spills from coincidental bumps... other than the goons at the end, Crosby's several slashes and Malkin punching Giroux in the back of the head, a classier game than the Pens usually play.

• Like 1

The hit on Briere at the end was both legal and dirty. You all know what I mean.

The knee on Grossman looked dirty at first, but with lack of replays (screw you NBC) it's hard to tell.

If Schenn knew it was a goal, and I think he did, smashing Crosby was brilliant, because basically he served as much time in the box as Crosby did for slashing Giroux and Voracek.

I was impressed with the Pens. Only maybe four or five dives in the whole game. Letang trying to sell a "high" stick while the crew pointed out it never connected, twice Pens holding the stick to their own midsections drawing "hooking" calls, a couple of spills from coincidental bumps... other than the goons at the end, Crosby's several slashes and Malkin punching Giroux in the back of the head, a classier game than the Pens usually play.

yes.. very surprising that kunitz didn't stir it up. and, of course, cooke is after his mastersons... what a joke.

The knee on Grossman looked dirty at first, but with lack of replays (screw you NBC) it's hard to tell.

Just like the "penalty" on Briere. Had to rewind the DVR to guess what the refs saw. Pen flop, Briere didn't interfere IMO, and especially compared to the Pens D the entire game. Bluntly, Briere isn't strong enough to interfere with anyone. Stick work is a different story with him though.

Emrick sucks and his anit-Flyer is so bias. Whenever the Flyers score a goal he sounds like someone just killed his cat but when another team scores against the Flyers you would think the y just won he friggin cup.

I thought Doc called a pretty even game.

I could do without Pierre & Milbury, but Doc is OK in my book.

Awesome to see him standing on the boards calling out the Pens. Only thing that would have been better is if he called out Pierre McGuire for being a Crosby jock sniffer.

Could you see John Stevens up on the boards like that?! Yeah, me neither. Lavi's passion has been great for this team. Now if they would only kick-start that emotion at the beginning of the game instead of waiting for half a period or so before getting fired up. I just wish they'd stop showing off by spotting each opponent a goal or two. Ha! Love how they've finished, though.

Could you see John Stevens up on the boards like that?! Yeah, me neither.

LOL! Stevens, the cigar store indian behind the bench. Berube would of had to pick him up and place him on top of the bench. Stevens still wouldn't have talked though, just gave the pens that blank stare.

Maybe the Flyers are playing a game to see how red they can make Lavy's face before he blows up, calls a time out and chews them a new one.

• Like 1

OK, I hope Schenn gets a chance to "remind" him on Saturday.

The more I watch Schenn play, the more I like him. He seems to always be looking to hit someone.

We've seen Schenn get right into Chara's face this season. His attitude is tremendous for a guy of his stature. He doesn't seem to back down from anyone.

They you get Simmonds - fresh of a PUCK TO THE FACE - taking on a legit enforcer in garbage time WITH STITCHES.

With any luck, some of that grit will rub off on JVR. If he got a good charge behind him, he'd be even more dangerous.

Pierre actually pointed out several of the infractions that the Penguins got away with, like Crosby's 2-hander on Voracek.

And someone in another thread pointed out that NHL tonight showed Crosby spearing Schenn before the "crosscheck." What a dirty disgusting imitation of a man. Crosby, the someone.