Update on Grossmann?

Guest off_the_post

He has been a beast and i am all for resining him as discussed in a different thread. I didn't like the knee on knee though. I thought it was unintentional but unfortunate. Being down 3 starting d is the kiss of death. Props to the OB for overcoming this.

Of course they didn't replay the knee on knee hit but once. Most other teams I would say it just happens. The Pens are far dirtier than most, so I was wondering if anyone thought it was purposeful.

Of course it was purposeful, the talking heads can say otherwise but we all know that CIndys playmates get the same kid gloves treatment by the league. The only exception was Cooke after a career of maiming players, particularly top players- Sundin, Lecavalier etc

Of course they didn't replay the knee on knee hit but once. Most other teams I would say it just happens. The Pens are far dirtier than most, so I was wondering if anyone thought it was purposeful.

Absolutely, they have done this before. Kunitz on Timonen in the playoffs a few years ago, no call. Timonen done, and the Flyers follow.

Edited by doom88

...so I was wondering if anyone thought it was purposeful.

Meltzer said it was a reckless hit at best and I think he's right. I'm not sure how you characterize "intent" but Vitale had no problem putting his shoulder into Briere. He chose to lead with his legs checking a much bigger man, so maybe you have your answer there.

Meltzer said it was a reckless hit at best and I think he's right. I'm not sure how you characterize "intent" but Vitale had no problem putting his shoulder into Briere. He chose to lead with his legs checking a much bigger man, so maybe you have your answer there.

Hopefully in the last game they can return the favor and send Cindy back too drooling on himself....

F-U-C-K the Pengwens i can't stand the B-I-T-C-H-E-S!

\

F-U-C-K the Pengwens i can't stand the B-I-T-C-H-E-S!

Lots of hate coming from Flyers fans but we're not the only ones who feel that way. I think a lot of fans have noticed that the Pens and Crosby in particular get more than their share of calls and do more whining than anyone.

Yesterday was a perfect example: they got most of the calls, Crosby in particular got away with murder and they lost anyway. So what does Crosby do? Predictably, late in the game, he takes a dive and they whip that up into the latest transgression against poor Sid who was "targeted" again. They actually started brawl over one of Crosby's dives!

I don't think you can get a guy like Asham to fake anger, so I wonder how guys like him feel about being asked to stick up for a serial diver like Crosby. Must get old and you have to assume they wonder from time for time, while they are getting their faces beaten in: "Is this another manufactured crisis?". Crosby is sickening and Bylsma is a fraud.

• Like 1

\

Lots of hate coming from Flyers fans but we're not the only ones who feel that way. I think a lot of fans have noticed that the Pens and Crosby in particular get more than their share of calls and do more whining than anyone.

Yesterday was a perfect example: they got most of the calls, Crosby in particular got away with murder and they lost anyway. So what does Crosby do? Predictably, late in the game, he takes a dive and they whip that up into the latest transgression against poor Sid who was "targeted" again. They actually started brawl over one of Crosby's dives!

I don't think you can get a guy like Asham to fake anger, so I wonder how guys like him feel about being asked to stick up for a serial diver like Crosby. Must get old and you have to assume they wonder from time for time, while they are getting their faces beaten in: "Is this another manufactured crisis?". Crosby is sickening and Bylsma is a fraud.

Yeap...and realistically they will just have to overcome it and out score them and have to cut down on costly mistakes or the will be packing it in early...MAYBE...just MAYBE Bryz can be a HUGE difference maker...regardless of home ice guys have to get healthy FIRST.

\

asham knows his roll. he was brought in to protect Cindy. it's as simple as that. that's what he's paid for, that's what he does. players like him don't question the circumstance, they go in and bust heads when expected.

asham knows his roll. he was brought in to protect Cindy. it's as simple as that. that's what he's paid for, that's what he does. players like him don't question the circumstance, they go in and bust heads when expected.

After hearing Roenick's comments, I think there may be some guys out there who would not enjoy dealing with his ****. Roenick's opinion isn't likely to be an outlier and also not likely to have been formed in a vacuum (in other words, he's heard comments to that same effect elsewhere).

Edited by terp

After hearing Roenick's comments, I think there may be some guys out there who would not enjoy dealing with his ****. Roenick's opinion isn't likely to be an outlier and also not likely to have been formed in a vacuum (in other words, he's heard comments to that same effect elsewhere).

well i love a good crosby backlash. let's hope they all give up defending his BS.