Surprise Series STARS....

Guest NJSikkbreed

Heading in to tonights series vs the Penguins ---- who do you think could be a surprise star or two?

For the Flyers --- besides Giroux, Hartnell or even Bryzgalov ---

give me a name or two and why.....

My choices--

Wayne Simmonds:

If Briere is indeed good to go this series --- and they ride out this line -- I really like Wayne Simmonds

to shine w/ Briere / Schenn.....and I definately like Briere in the playoffs....he seems to save it for this time of year.

Matt Read:

--- is a guy who I think may like the bright lights and step up his game -- much like JVR did last year.

Sean Couturier formerly known to me as mono boy. i think when he's out with Malkenstein he plays him even and on the odd chance that he's out against Staal's line, I think he shows the league what Jordan Staal 2.0 will be like.

Max Talbot

going against his old mates, he'll be extra specially motivated he has scored big goals and made big plays and contributions in previous playoffs, would not be surprised to see him tally a shorthanded goal or make a similar style big play.

• Like 1

@NJSikkbreed I think Sean Couturier HAS to have a monster series to keep Malkin contained.

If he does and the Flyers win, he quickly becomes a center piece of this team for a decade and a fast fan favorite.

RE: Defensive play -- Not as easy to notice for the average fan..... ;) --- but Courts has quickly earned a reputation as an up n coming defensive forward around the league....this is the time when play gets magnified.

Heading in to tonights series vs the Penguins ---- who do you think could be a surprise star or two?

My choices--

Wayne Simmonds:

If Briere is indeed good to go this series --- and they ride out this line -- I really like Wayne Simmonds

to shine w/ Briere / Schenn.....and I definately like Briere in the playoffs....he seems to save it for this time of year.

Matt Read:

--- is a guy who I think may like the bright lights and step up his game -- much like JVR did last year.

I like your picks of Simmonds and Read but I'm going to pick Rinaldo.. this kid has developed into a solid hockey player.. he might not produce alot of goals but I expect him to be all over the ice throwing big hits..

Schenn with some flair; should have the easier D draw and Briere as a decoy;

Voracek for best overall game throughout the series;

GForce gonna have to get their's on the PP;

Cout/Malkin getting the focus but who's on our blueline shadowing him and Crosby? M and Crosby have owned Coby, and Grossman is an unknown. As concerned by the garbage from their Cookes and Kunitzes as their Silver Spoons.

I know the FlowerPot can save a series, and until Bryz DOES we just don't know. He will have his hands full, but IF he can close the door on these clowns, I see him turning carthweels against swedish ranger in Rd2.

• Like 1

i'm thinking schenn. i think he'll raise his game and the chemistry that he was building with simmy and briere(lil paul mccartney) will just get better and better.

if i were to say, giroux, jagr or bryz... they wouldn't be surprises. we expect.. nay, we need them to play well to even have a chance.

• Like 1

My choices--

Wayne Simmonds:

Matt Read:

Simmonds & Schenn.

Dark Horse: Wellwood. I think the Flyers scoring depth is going to really cause problems for the Penguins.

Sean Couturier formerly known to me as mono boy. i think when he's out with Malkenstein he plays him even and on the odd chance that he's out against Staal's line, I think he shows the league what Jordan Staal 2.0 will be like.

Max Talbot

going against his old mates, he'll be extra specially motivated he has scored big goals and made big plays and contributions in previous playoffs, would not be surprised to see him tally a shorthanded goal or make a similar style big play.

Good choices.

Talbot & Jagr will play a big part in how this series goes.

Somebody said Couts, I'll go with him Grossman. No of course not on the scoresheet, but IF the Flyers win 4 games, those two will have had a monster shutdown series. Couts will be on Crosby (who woulda thought that back in August!) all series, here's hoping he up for it. Hopefully Grossman's knee is strong enough for some serious porch clearing, we'll know in about 2 hours

@NJSikkbreed

I am very interested to see if the young guys on our team have another level for the playoffs and what that may look like.

I would love to see Schenn and Couturier have another gear for the playoffs. Richards had it. Giroux had it. It looks like even JVR may have it too. I really hope guys like Voracek, Schenn, and Couts have it too.

Simmonds & Schenn.

Hey ANDY.... I really liked this Simmonds, Briere, Schenn line going into the game --- and those guys didnt disappoint!

The Hartnell to Schenn goal may have been one of the prettiest Flyers goals I've seen in a long time.....that was a Red Wings type goal... most Flyers goals

are grinding, brutal poke ins from a rebound down low.... it was nice to see a precision goal in a big moment like that!

Hey ANDY.... I really liked this Simmonds, Briere, Schenn line going into the game --- and those guys didnt disappoint!

The Hartnell to Schenn goal may have been one of the prettiest Flyers goals I've seen in a long time.....that was a Red Wings type goal... most Flyers goals

are grinding, brutal poke ins from a rebound down low.... it was nice to see a precision goal in a big moment like that!

All the Pens seem to be talking about is tinkering with their power play unit, but I thinbk their real problem is on the defensive end (including their forwards).

I think they put all their eggs into the one basket of trying to stop the Giroux/Jagr/Hartnell line, but were unable to stop the Briere line.

The Flyers depth is going to win this series.

And there is no way that the Giroux line doesn't have a big game tomorrow. I think we're going home up 2-0.