NHL Trade Rumors: 9 Reasons Jarome Iginla Could Help Philadelphia Flyers

Guest Irishjim

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/972429-nhl-trade-rumors-9-reasons-the-flyers-could-use-jarome-iginla

110044353_crop_650x440.jpg?1323250181

while this reporter states many good reasons how iginla would help the flyers. he neglects the one main sticking point how many players do we trade to fit his 7mil under the cap for this year and next. interesting read anyway. sounds good in the world of EA NHL12 though

I thought Iginla would have been a good fit a couple years ago, but that obviously didn't happen.

Can Jerome more than replace two high dollar players? I don't think so. Briere and... what makes this a good trade for both teams?

I really liked the player and would have done this trade 4 years ago. I have three reasons why I would not do this:

1) Jerome is starting to get a bit long on the tooth.

2) He is a UFA after next season. I am not really interested in giving up assets (especially youth) for a short time player with an albatross of a contract.

3)

a) Jaro Jagr: 3.3 M gp 22 9g 13a = 22 pts

B) Matt Read: 900 K gp 23 11g 7a = 18 pts

c) Jakub Voracek: 2.25 M gp 26 4g 13a = 17 pts

c) Wayne Simmonds: 1.75 M gp 26 5g 4a = 9 pts

I know there is some movement in positions with Read and Voracek, but you get my point. Our natural right wings combine for 29g 37a and 66 pts for a total cost of 7.51 M. So, in essence I could have a Jerome for 7m and 9g 9a 18pts or our current quartet for a bit more money and allot more points.

By now it should be obvious the missing ingredient for the Flyers has been youth.Iginla is a bad idea,with the high number of the NHL's senior citizens already on the team,Homer should continue the youth movement. Jagr has been a great choice,but their is no need to get carried away. Anybody heard anything about Schenn returning?

One, it's bleacher. Not a source.

That said, cap hit is too high. Iginla's production has nearly always been hurt by a lack of a good center and/or setup guy. Giroux and Iginla sounds like fun, but not for the price (cap hit, loss of assets to acquire, and current team chemistry).

http://bleacherrepor...e-jarome-iginla

a>

while this reporter states many good reasons how iginla would help the flyers. he neglects the one main sticking point how many players do we trade to fit his 7mil under the cap for this year and next. interesting read anyway. sounds good in the world of EA NHL12 though

I don't know if you are trying to be funny - but this is not a news article and the author is not a reporter. It's a blog post written by a blogger.

I don't know if you are trying to be funny - but this is not a news article and the author is not a reporter. It's a blog post written by a blogger.

There are blogs and there are blogs. Bill Meltzer writes a blog but he knows what he's talking about. Bleacher report is garbage.

i know its a blogger, sorry for using the term "Reporter" i just thought it was an interesting read. i wouldn't do a trade for a guy on the downside at his cap number, just thought it would be interesting to discuss. hence the backbone of sports forums

Great, 5 years too late - "Iggy to the Flyers!" - brilliant...

the bleacher report guy maybe ought to try attending some games, writing about what happens on the ice...these pie-in-the-sky "dream" headlines are b.s.