Cobourn Signs Multi Year Contract

Guest idahophilly

Awesome if true. I like Coburn and it's good to lock him up.

I like him too Brel... but then I freakin' hate him at times too! I just wish he'd settle in and stop with the split-personality ****. Sometimes he's got such a mean streak and can one-time the puck like a beast. Then for a few weeks, he'll be timid as a mouse and can't hit the net worth a damn.

I just like to remind myself that we traded Zhitnik for him!! Silly Atlanta.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Coburn-agrees-to-4-year-extension-with-F?blockID=590834&feedID=704

TAMPA BAY, Fla. -- The Flyers will have Brayden Coburn back on the blue line for another four years.

The 26-year-old defenseman has agreed to 4-year, $18 million contract extension, a league source told CSNPhilly.com.

His cap hit is $4.5 million – a very nice bump from his current two-year contract extension that was paying him $3.2 million.

Coburn has been a virtual constant on the back end with partner Kimmo Timonen since the second half of the 2007-08 season.

Once a player who had pretty good offensive numbers, Coburn’s role has changed in recent year’s to that of a shutdown defenseman. Viewed from that perspective, he likely would have gotten similar money as an unrestricted free agent next July had he waited.

(More coming...)

Overpay buy 500k imo. 1.3 mil raise? He's done nothing to warrant that much, should've been 4 mil/year. Oh well hope it comes without a NTC/NMC.

http://www.csnphilly...0834&feedID=704

TAMPA BAY, Fla. -- The Flyers will have Brayden Coburn back on the blue line for another four years.

The 26-year-old defenseman has agreed to 4-year, $18 million contract extension, a league source told CSNPhilly.com.

His cap hit is $4.5 million – a very nice bump from his current two-year contract extension that was paying him $3.2 million.

Coburn has been a virtual constant on the back end with partner Kimmo Timonen since the second half of the 2007-08 season.

Once a player who had pretty good offensive numbers, Coburn’s role has changed in recent year’s to that of a shutdown defenseman. Viewed from that perspective, he likely would have gotten similar money as an unrestricted free agent next July had he waited.

(More coming...)

Overpay buy 500k imo. 1.3 mil raise? He's done nothing to warrant that much, should've been 4 mil/year. Oh well hope it comes without a NTC/NMC.

Timonen will come off the books either next year if traded or after next year when his contract is up. I agree it would have been nice at $4 million but unfortunately that seems to be the going rate for defensemen nowadays. Now it will be interesting to see what Holmgren does with Carle.

Good deal - $4.5 x 4 years = $18 mil. He was due for a healthy salary bump; he's been a bargain ever since he got to Philly.

Now he's being paid what he should be paid. God I hope it doesn't funk-up his game...

Here's to hoping he does not develop Carter syndrome.........Good point that he has been a bargain from the time we got him and then he signed a 2 year deal for good value. If he continues to perform like he has been, this will be a good deal.

God I hope it doesn't funk-up his game...

Me too, maybe he was saving himself from injury before getting paid market value? Sounds familiar doesn't it? I do hope he will be playing more physical with a meaner attitude. I read somewhere that someone called him "Big Bird" lmao.