Next 3 games..How many points do the Flyers earn?

Guest pilldoc

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many points do Flyers earn over next 3 games?

Games vs the Rags / Pens / Bruins....

Now that the Flyers have made it back to .500, how do they fare over the next 3 tough games?

Rags = win. Rags have played poorly this season, but it depends which Flyers team shows up.

Pens = hope for a win but could be an OT loss

Bruins = loss

Thoughts?

F the big bads... their schedule is chock full of games now we'll see how they like playing back to back with travel. i thought they looked pretty beatable in the almost 2 periods i watched last night vs les habietants.

actually the only team not struggling is the broons we could get 5 maybe all 6.

Our Road Record has got to get better in a hurry. Tomorrow night vs the Rags is a great place to start. Rags won their last 2 at home but it took a SO last night vs. Buffalo. The Flyers are a better team than the Rangers even without Mez and Read in our lineup. 5-2 Flyers.

Pens - meh, we already beat them once, no reason we can't again...have to do it at home though, which hasn't been the case lately. Looks like Malkin is back tonight...big deal, I still say we beat them Thursday 5-4.

Broonz - normally with a 1 o'clock start I'd say "no way" to a Flyers' win. But this season is anything but normal; first 2 games of the season aside they've skated well in the afternoon games - Flyers in OT, 4-3.

LOL, I guess I'm the only pessimist on the board ;) I voted 0 points.

I hope that's not the case, but two of those teams are better than us, and the Rags *should* be better, but they're struggling. Nothing like playing the Flyers for what ails you. It seems to work for backup goaltenders.

We will lose to the Rags 2-1 in the shoot out (Lundy starting to get his game going) = 1 pt

Loss to the Pens 5-1....blowout = 0 pts.

and OT loss to the Bruins 3-2 = 1 pt.

Why? Because we have looked good of late, so....the unpredictable Flyers will regress...makes sense.

Edited by jammer2

Gagne was always a Ranger killer, and Hartnell is back. Plus, the Flyers are playing solid hockey, while the Rags are looking shallow in quality. Prust is gone (not sure why that guy was relevant, but whatever). I say, why not. And I bet the young Flyers agree.

Games vs the Rags / Pens / Bruins....

Now that the Flyers have made it back to .500, how do they fare over the next 3 tough games?

Rags = win. Rags have played poorly this season, but it depends which Flyers team shows up.

Pens = hope for a win but could be an OT loss

Bruins = loss

Thoughts?

Updated...

Rags = win (well I was wrong here, I guess the wrong Flyers defense showed up) Rags 4 Flyers 2 = 0 points

Pens = hoping for a win (well the way the "D" played last night I'll be happy if we even get a point if we get that far.

Bruins = loss (we are gonna get smoked especially since the Bruins blew a 3 nil lead vs the hapless Caps)

Um yeah can I change my vote now too?

So we lose to the Rags and the Pens, even though in both games we're tied going into the 3rd. In both games the Flyers failed to score in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

I could argue we would've won both games given better goaltending. But if you can't score even ONE lousy goal in 40 minutes - in 2 consecutive games against division rivals - you may have some other issues besides goaltending.

As far as beating Boston today. I'll bet we see a rare, complete 60-min. effort from the Flyers today but I doubt it'll be enough to beat the Bruins in Boston.

The chances of making POs are slipping away pretty quickly...