Do the Flyers need "an outside opinion" ?

FD19372

For once, at least, we can't blame this mess on the goaltending. Without Bryz, these guys are the worst team in the league. I remember a couple of years ago when Mr. Snider was very vocal about his team's performance, particularly the goaltending. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Snider, who is typically one of the most passionate owners in sports. However, how can he stand there and watch this team be non-competitive most nights and do nothing? I feel like, for one of the first times I can ever remember, he is content to not hold these players accountable. I don't blame the coach for this either. Mr. Snider needs to stop this UNDYING LOYALTY to these former and current players, and say "Maybe I need to get a truly insightful "hockey guy", as GM, with a different opinion on things than what I have, and let him try to fix it?" That is, unless he is purposely tanking the season. I almost feel like Mr. Snider said "Oh my God, I can't believe there's going to be a season,. what do we do now?" If he did, then he should also have done an honest thing for the 15,000 season ticket holders, and lowered ticket prices. How can he be content to do nothing but sit back and watch this crap product? The first thing I would do is can Paul Holmgren and bring in a knowledgable hockey guy. Stop the "Former Flyer Yacht Club". The second thing they NEED to do is get a dman with some mobility. By doing that, you improve that anemic offense. Forget Timonen and Meszaros. Timonen's best days are behind him, and Meszaros isn't a real 'difference maker'. Mr. Snider has to stop this loyalty, and oh yeah, the "I know hockey more than anyone else." (Jerry Jones/ Al Davis) crap, and if he truly wants to win like I think he does, bring in and listen to the people who have a good chance at getting the job done. I hope a couple of these overpaid stiffs (Coburn, Briere at this point) get unloaded at the trade deadline, too. SELL, MORTIMER, SELLLLL!!! I am beyond frustrated with the make up of this team, as Mr Snider should be.

They do need an outside opinion, sadly Edward Snider does not play that. Hence my prediction for the next coach of the Philadelphia Flyers;Head Coach: Riley Cote with Jody Shelley and Craig Berbue serving as his loyal assistants :ph34r:

Edited by Samifan

@FD19372 I don't totallyl absolve Bryz of any wrong doing, like your post seems to intend. Mr.Softie is just that...a machine at letting in untimely goals when the game is on the line, yeah, once and a while you can blame shoddy defensive coverage etc, but he does it often enough, that he and his fans outta man up and admit he is not an elite goalie. The stats don't say elite....

I can't even imagine another regressing season of Kimo, as much as I respect the guy, now was the time to let go, before he gets even worse and has the cheers turn to booo's......that would be a shame, but I see it coming.

For once, at least, we can't blame this mess on the goaltending. Without Bryz, these guys are the worst team in the league. I remember a couple of years ago when Mr. Snider was very vocal about his team's performance, particularly the goaltending. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Snider, who is typically one of the most passionate owners in sports. However, how can he stand there and watch this team be non-competitive most nights and do nothing? I feel like, for one of the first times I can ever remember, he is content to not hold these players accountable. I don't blame the coach for this either. Mr. Snider needs to stop this UNDYING LOYALTY to these former and current players, and say "Maybe I need to get a truly insightful "hockey guy", as GM, with a different opinion on things than what I have, and let him try to fix it?" That is, unless he is purposely tanking the season. I almost feel like Mr. Snider said "Oh my God, I can't believe there's going to be a season,. what do we do now?" If he did, then he should also have done an honest thing for the 15,000 season ticket holders, and lowered ticket prices. How can he be content to do nothing but sit back and watch this crap product? The first thing I would do is can Paul Holmgren and bring in a knowledgable hockey guy. Stop the "Former Flyer Yacht Club". The second thing they NEED to do is get a dman with some mobility. By doing that, you improve that anemic offense. Forget Timonen and Meszaros. Timonen's best days are behind him, and Meszaros isn't a real 'difference maker'. Mr. Snider has to stop this loyalty, and oh yeah, the "I know hockey more than anyone else." (Jerry Jones/ Al Davis) crap, and if he truly wants to win like I think he does, bring in and listen to the people who have a good chance at getting the job done. I hope a couple of these overpaid stiffs (Coburn, Briere at this point) get unloaded at the trade deadline, too. SELL, MORTIMER, SELLLLL!!! I am beyond frustrated with the make up of this team, as Mr Snider should be.

i agree with you totality

Mr. Snider? Why does everybody call him "Mr." anyway? You would think he was some kind of royalty or deity. Ed is Ed. He is an owner. He has a big grin. Like the circus master. He wants to win because he sells more tickets. You sell more tickets you make more money. Money is how Ed keeps score. This is a business to Ed. Granted, Ed started it so it is a personal business to him. Something he attaches himself to closely. Identifies himself and his worth with. I can assure you that us Flyer fans are somewhat down on the Flyers food chain. What Ed needs to do before he is pushing up flowers up on Lemon Hill, is to step back, and get all of the homerism out of this organization. It is destructive loyalty and favorism not based upon what is best for the organization and Comcast. Out with Clarke. Out with Holmgren. Get in some new thinking, management, scoouting, and decision making. Ed Snider is the problem. Plain and simple. Print it.

Mr. Snider is still making the money though. Maybe all he really cares about is 'putting a competitive team on the ice' and asses in the seats...

Possibility???

Possibilty? Nope, exactly so. Putting a competitive team on the ice = excitement = selling tickets. Selling tickets = money. Money = Ed Snider. But not always does spending money work. You got to have the smartest minds in hockey running your organization to know where and when to spend the money. And when not to spend the money. When to build and when to pass. We don't have that brain trust now. Look at many of the other GM's. There is a new generation coming up through now. Case closed.

They do need an outside opinion, sadly Edward Snider does not play that. Hence my prediction for the next coach of the Philadelphia Flyers;Head Coach: Riley Cote with Jody Shelley and Craig Berbue serving as his loyal assistants :ph34r:

The way to correct this deviant behavior by Ed Snider is for all of us to ween ourselves off the tickets and merchandise. That is how you "communicate" with a business organization today. Frankly, I like the Flyers becuase I like to follow a home team but with Center Ice, etc, there are a lot of options. When all is said and done, I want to watch some good, entertaining, competitive hockey. That is not the case now with this organization, circus master, and their dysfunctionalism. You must vote with your wallet.

Remember when people celebrated hiring Homer as he was not an in-house hire? Or when he went out of the organization to hire Lavy, also celebrated?

um...

(Holmgren) returned to Philadelphia during the 1995–96 season as the Director of Pro Scouting. He was named the Director of Player Personnel following the 1996–97 season and was named Assistant General Manager following the 1998–99 season. He served in that position under General Manager Bob Clarke until Clarke resigned a month into the 2006–07 season, at which time Holmgren was named General Manager of the club.

Promoting the Assistant General Manager to General Manager seems to me to be the ultimate "in house hire."

um...

Promoting the Assistant General Manager to General Manager seems to me to be the ultimate "in house hire."

Wow, I clearly did not mean to post that haha. I meant that about Homer hiring Lavy, not hiring Homer. Whoops :huh: