5 goals on 16 shots ?

Guest Samifan

Is this true? A huge 11 save effort for Bryz?

I can remain fairly objective as a fan while watching Flyers games and will give the other team when credit is due. I don't remember a single goal getting me to say "now that was a sick goal" by Tampa, and these days I'd love to be saying that, at least it would make me feel better about what I'm seeing out of Bryz. Even that last goal he let in. yeah it was St Louis to Lecavalier and Lecavalier picked the corner, but to me those are goals he should be saving if he's going to be paid like he is. The play had the writing on the wall. 2 on 2 with a Flyer trailer break away, the pass was painfully obvious (nobody picked up Lacavalier... which could be argued that is evidence alone that it was on the D then... I disagree) and he had no screen what so ever. Without an amazing performance against the Pens, I have no idea how he gets the start in the Classic

The first goal was a true groaner. You hope you can recover from that - and they did.

The second, Giroux loses Stamkos in front and Bryz gives up a big rebound to one of the top scorers in the game alone on the doorstep.

The Downie goal was a disgrace.

Bryz on his knees to the left side of the goal. Puck goes across the ice, off a skate, deflects off the boards to Downie. He shoots. He scores.

And Bryz still hadn't even MOVED (except for his head following the puck)

The fourth, Stamkos on the power play, alone (again) on the opposite side.

The fifth was meaningless, and painful at the same time.

5 goals on 16 shots. What more do you need to say?

If he is this miserable from now up until mid-way through next season, he will ride the bench for the rest of the year and a buyout agreement will be reached. This, I assure you. But until then, we will be tortured because no organization is going to give up on their $51 million investment that quickly. It's a matter of pride. And as long as we keep winning despite our goalie's efforts and filling seats, they have nothing to worry about.

Bryz's numbers (3.01, .890) would be AWESOME if this were 1984 and his name was Grant Fuhr.

In a 19 year career, Fuhr had ONE season with a save % above .900, and FOUR seasons with a GAA below 3.

Long story short, we're the new Oilers, baby!

A Flyers dynasty is upon us!

/sarcasm

Bryz went from mediocre to disgarceful very quickly. They have to make getting rid of this inflated, stupid contract their #1 priority this summer. Can he suddenly recover and start playing better? Sure. But I don't see him pulling a rabbit out of his hat and suddenly transforming into what he is not. He is NOT a great goalie capable of taking this team far into the playoffs. He is essentially at Michael Neuvirth's level. He is capable of playing at an average level. Nothing more, nothing less.

Snider F**ked up big time this time.

The pronger and bryz contracts are two of the worst contracts I have ever seen in the league. Homer should be proud...

Ya, they're bad. You expect that from the Islanders. I know Bryz is Sniders doing, but you'd think after the Pronger contract, and then getting rid of Carter and Richards longterm deals (though I'd take Richards over Bryz in a nanosecond.), they'd have learned their lesson. Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Bryz = doom, and NOT our beloved poster.

Ya, they're bad. You expect that from the Islanders. I know Bryz is Sniders doing, but you'd think after the Pronger contract, and then getting rid of Carter and Richards longterm deals (though I'd take Richards over Bryz in a nanosecond.), they'd have learned their lesson. Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Bryz = doom, and NOT our beloved poster.

Hahaha, thanks.