If Pens lose series..Is Blysma fired?

Guest pilldoc

@mojo1917

He definately needs a change of scenery. I just don't think Philly is the place for him and his fragile psyche. I think he needs to "disappear" to a non-hockey market where there's no pressure and get his head on straight. Talent, he has. But he just loses all confidence if something goes wrong in postseason.

• Like 1

Fleury - modified NTC. Can provide a list of teams he would accept trades to

I'm thinking:

Philadelphia

New Jersey

New York Rangers

Boston

Vancouver

Los Angeles

Montreal

Detroit

Anywhere but Philly....

Fixed/

I'm thinking:

Philadelphia

New Jersey

New York Rangers

Boston

Vancouver

Los Angeles

Montreal

Detroit

Re fixed. Philly fans would eat him alive. Rangers Press would eat him alive. Too much pressure in Detroit to play well as goalie.

Best place for him would be Montreal, but they already have their own prima dona goalie in Price. Heck, what about an even up trade with the Canes for Ward? Maybe the whole new scenery would do both goalies.

I think you're missing the point of him choosing teams to whom there is no way the Pens would trade him and/or teams with established goalies.

He wouldn't do well in New York? Why the hell would the Rangers with Lundqvist take MAF?

He wouldn't do well in Philly? What do you think the Flyers would give up for him? Never mind that. If you're the Pens, do you send Fleury to a team in your Division Conference?*

Carolina? If you're Fleury, why do you want to go to Carolina?

* what sort of an idiot does that?

I think you're missing the point of him choosing teams to whom there is no way the Pens would trade him and/or teams with established goalies.

He wouldn't do well in New York? Why the hell would the Rangers with Lundqvist take MAF?

He wouldn't do well in Philly? What do you think the Flyers would give up for him? Never mind that. If you're the Pens, do you send Fleury to a team in your Division Conference?*

Carolina? If you're Fleury, why do you want to go to Carolina?

* what sort of an idiot does that?

Easy, so you can play him in the playoffs. Sure its not something you normally do, but we've watched him wreck the post season several times now.

Edited by nossagog

Easy, so you can play him in the playoffs. Sure its not something you normally do, but we've watched him wreck the post season several times now.

Which works out just fine if the guy really has just blown a gasket and is done.

Not so much if he "finds his game" with the "change of scenery" and you've dealt your Cup-winning goalie to a Division Conference rival.

Which works out just fine if the guy really has just blown a gasket and is done.

Not so much if he "finds his game" with the "change of scenery" and you've dealt your Cup-winning goalie to a Division Conference rival.

Well (so I have been told) Fleury really had little to do with that Cup. All Crosby and Malkin. He did have the lowest Save % of any Cup winning goalie in the last 15-20 years.

Would it suck if we dealt him and he found himself somewhere else? Sure. But if the Pens are certain he won't find himself here, there really aren't any other options. I don't see paying him $5,000,000 to have another good regular seaon only to flame out in the playoffs...again...as an option. Not to mention...his value goes down even more if that happens...again.

Not helping him...there is a capable veteran on the payroll at $3 million less who seems more than able of keeping the seat warm for two up and comers.

Remember this is coming from a Pens fan who has never been a Fleury supporter.

His career numbers just don't support the fact that he's considered top goaltender. He's constantly ranked in the 15-20 range in most goaltending categories. He should be getting better, but he has not. He's still making the same mistakes being out of position as he did early in his career.

Anything can happen in a trade, but I would not be afraid if he were traded to someone in our conference.

• Like 1

Philadelphia

New Jersey - interesting... but I have real doubts if the Penguins would trade in the division....but then again......

New York Rangers

Boston

Vancouver -- I think Schneider is proven enough and Vancouver has other needs

Los Angeles -- I don't see Fleury accepting a deal where he is a backup

Montreal --I don't see Fleury accepting a deal where he is a backup

Detroit -- I don't see Fleury accepting a deal where he is a backup

I'm thinking Minny and Phoenix are real possibilities however I wouldn't offer a lot for him, forcing the Penguins a buyout.

Edit: Add the Oilers and Calgary to my list as well.

Edited by hf101
additional material

Well (so I have been told) Fleury really had little to do with that Cup. All Crosby and Malkin. He did have the lowest Save % of any Cup winning goalie in the last 15-20 years.

Would it suck if we dealt him and he found himself somewhere else? Sure. But if the Pens are certain he won't find himself here, there really aren't any other options. I don't see paying him $5,000,000 to have another good regular seaon only to flame out in the playoffs...again...as an option. Not to mention...his value goes down even more if that happens...again.

Not helping him...there is a capable veteran on the payroll at $3 million less who seems more than able of keeping the seat warm for two up and comers.

That's the crux right there isn't it? "Certain he won't find himself here".

Keep in mind this train of thought around trading a talented but struggling player is coming from a fan of a team that consistently sells low on guys only to see them get it together on the new team; get their name etched , while the pieces received in the trades are selling insurance in Nova Scotia.

While aware of your team and its players over time , I'm not sure there is a history of that sort of nonsense the way there is with the flyers, especially recently, watching Patrick Sharpe light up Micheal Leighton in the finals was truly sickening for me.

Reading this post prompted me to go check his career stats, and wow, I had no idea how bad he's been in the playoffs!

He gets considerably worse in the post-season, only twice in his entire career having a save % over .900 (Cup losing and Cup winning year). I always considered him overrated by pundits, but I had no idea how much.

That's the crux right there isn't it? "Certain he won't find himself here".

Keep in mind this train of thought around trading a talented but struggling player is coming from a fan of a team that consistently sells low on guys only to see them get it together on the new team; get their name etched , while the pieces received in the trades are selling insurance in Nova Scotia.

While aware of your team and its players over time , I'm not sure there is a history of that sort of nonsense the way there is with the flyers, especially recently, watching Patrick Sharpe light up Micheal Leighton in the finals was truly sickening for me.

Crux, indeed. I just think there are too many aspects of this working against him...

Vokoun's play...

Vokoun's cap hit...

Hartzell...

Zatkoff...

Even Thiessen...

Now two post season melt downs...

Will only have 2 year left on his deal if they wait another year..

Malkin and Letang needed new deals ASAP...

Risk of a 3rd post season melt down...

They would get something for him in a trade which means a buyout won't be needed. I think that is the route they need to go.

Reading this post prompted me to go check his career stats, and wow, I had no idea how bad he's been in the playoffs!

He gets considerably worse in the post-season, only twice in his entire career having a save % over .900 (Cup losing and Cup winning year). I always considered him overrated by pundits, but I had no idea how much.

Yup. Makes for an interesting offseason, eh? They will be contenders again...but it could be a very different team.

• Like 1

Yup. Makes for an interesting offseason, eh? They will be contenders again...but it could be a very different team.

So who is going to have the more interesting / drama type offseason? The Pens or the Flyers. Drama on both sides of the ice. Very interested to see how this all plays out for both clubs.

So who is going to have the more interesting / drama type offseason? The Pens or the Flyers. Drama on both sides of the ice. Very interested to see how this all plays out for both clubs.

Oooh. Good question. I would have to say Pens. You had your drama with the -Richard/-Carter/+Bryzaster offseason. If there is another overhaul of those proportions now, God help your franchise.

Pens may part with the HC, Letang or Malkin and their starting netminder of the last 8 seasons. Not to mention decisions on key cogs like, Dupuis, Cooke and Adams.

Seriously, why is no one mentioning the most likely landing place? NY Islanders.

I know we're talking about NTC and it can't be a high choice of destinations for Fleury but he could find Brooklyn intriguing. As far as takers, there's rumors that Snow is interested in Luongo but he could go younger and a little cheaper with Fleury. And, of course, the [mandatory] joke that he hasn't traded for a goalie in two weeks or so, so it's time.

What do you seriously think of Toronto? I don't think they're all that happy with their current goalie situation and it seems like a good place for other over-rated goalies to go and die, so why not? Calgary and/or Edmonton may be looking for a change in net, as well, though the NTC makes those doubtful.

Seriously, why is no one mentioning the most likely landing place? NY Islanders.

I know we're talking about NTC and it can't be a high choice of destinations for Fleury but he could find Brooklyn intriguing. As far as takers, there's rumors that Snow is interested in Luongo but he could go younger and a little cheaper with Fleury. And, of course, the [mandatory] joke that he hasn't traded for a goalie in two weeks or so, so it's time.

What do you seriously think of Toronto? I don't think they're all that happy with their current goalie situation and it seems like a good place for other over-rated goalies to go and die, so why not? Calgary and/or Edmonton may be looking for a change in net, as well, though the NTC makes those doubtful.

If Bob goes to the KHL....Columbus?

If Bob goes to the KHL....Columbus?

Yeah, if Bob does go to the KHL it's not a horrible idea...provided Fleury would waive his NTC to go there. I hear the Buckeyes are pretty big there.

If there is another overhaul of those proportions now, God help your franchise.

Pens may part with the HC, Letang or Malkin and their starting netminder of the last 8 seasons. Not to mention decisions on key cogs like, Dupuis, Cooke and Adams.

Hmm we have 1 corner the potential buyout of Bryz???? or Briere ??? (can we find a trading partner where he will waive his NMC?)

In our other corner......who will the Pens buyout???

Shall be intersting off season

Bylsma is showing that he has trobules coaching a team in the playoffs.

Well i being a Flyer fan would love for you guys too keep him around a little longer, so basically what i'm saying is i'm happy to see you guys keep ******* up! :ph34r: ..................................... :PHI: