So who do you start in goal vs Sens?

pilldoc

Who do you start vs the Sens?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you start vs the Sens?

• Tomas Vokoun
    • Marc Andre-Fleury

Personally...go with hot hand. Sit MAF. Play Vokoun. For whatever reason MAF head is not on right.

Should be a very interesting series........

PS Vokoun saved the Pens season....I think Isles win if MAF would have been in goal

Edited by pilldoc

If I'm the coach, it's Vokoun's job to lose. He gave up three goals yesterday that he had little chance on because of poor defense. Other than that, he had very solid rebound control, was constantly well positioned and HELPED the defense many times by moving the puck well. That is with not alot of time this season. If he gets into a grove, I think the Pens will gain alot of confidence with him back there.

If I'm GM Shero, I'm now looking at Fleury with great skepticism. Just WHY am I paying him this ammount of money. I've made this point before, I'd rather take the Wings philosophy in goaltending, take a solid goalie and force the players to play in front of him. I think the Pens have bought into the Fleury is an elite goalie stuff. Problem is he'll make the great save one minute, and the next give up complete softies. He's just not there.

• Like 1

MAF still young, has plus quickness and skill, it would be hard for me to let him go , trade , buy out whatever, and then see him "get it" somewhere else.

That said, I go with Vokun until he gives me two pedestrian outings.

If he gets into a grove, I think the Pens will gain alot of confidence with him back there.

Not sure why you would want Vokoun hanging out lost in the woods with Bryzgalov........

*I just thought that was a funny typo*

If I were the Penguin GM, it would be Vokoun's job to lose at this point. On the other hand, they might also start MAF to try and recover any semblance of confidence he has left. I don't know that Vokoun can stay healthy enough playing every game every other night at his age but he certainly has earned the right to be the starter if he can continue to shoulder the load.

• Like 1

First 10...mid-season...down the stretch...all that's history it's PO time. Unless you have no other choice (see: Capuano) you can't start a guy who's obviously struggling. The worst you can say about Vokoun's play? He was a little shaky handling the puck at times, which was expected.

I agree it's his job to lose. I sure hope he does because MAF is fun to watch in the POs! :lol:

YOU START MAF!

Of course, the fact he's my fantasy goalie has NOTHING to do with why I'm saying that. :D

Poor guy... nobody could see that coming for you. I took Lundqvist who wasn't contributing any better to start that series.... But he's better now!

Poor guy... nobody could see that coming for you. I took Lundqvist who wasn't contributing any better to start that series.... But he's better now!

Lemme tell ya, it was difficult "rooting" for Crosby and MAF in that 1st round! :lol:

This could be the dumbest poll question ever. Who in their right mind would start Fleury????

You can say that but it sounds like it might happen. Bylsma hasn't said and its making a lot if analysts think just maybe...