Final four, who are you rooting for from here?

yave1964

Bruins Penguins

Blackhawks Kings

Who are you rooting for from here?

I always root for the original six clubs that are left after the Wings are gone, and I root for whoever is left from our division as well. Plus, while I hate to get knocked out, it always seems more acceptable if the team that knocks you out goes on to win it.

Sooo. I am rooting for the BlackHawks over the Kings, Bruins over the Penguins and the Hawks to win it all.

BTW, the final five teams left before last night, Wings, Pens, Hawks, Bruins and Kings were the final five cup winners. Never to the best of my knowledge has this happened before where the final four have won the final four cups. So much for the shortened season throwing everything out of kilter.

Plus, while I hate to get knocked out, it always seems more acceptable if the team that knocks you out goes on to win it.

You know, it's rare I see this sentiment. I, myself, always root for the team that knocks mine out. And I usually get abuse for it. Good for you.

I was actually cheering for the Wings in the west. I have a hard time out there now. First, because largely I really don't care. I think LA/CHI could very well be a good series but I can't get emotionally behind either team. I like Quick and would cheer for him and a couple other Kings but that's negated for me by Richards and Carter. I'm really tired of watching Flyers that are run out of town (full disclosure: in this case I was in favor of it) go on to immediately win the cup.

So I'll second HF's vote for a game 7.

Overall, I'm cheering for the Pens. I'm not looking forward to toothless horse mouth raising the Cup again ( I dislike him less than I used to and at least have to give him some credit for the high level of play despite serious injuries). I'm also not looking forward to the imbecile Pens fans in my area. (key phrase is "in my area," polaris922). But I kind of want Vokoun to take them all the way. First, I like Vokoun, but also because I want Fleury to take up a career as a barista.