Which Series loss would hurt more? Flyers or Bruins?

Guest pilldoc

Now if he had the audacity to bump the goalie after the horned sounded or swat a guys glove away....then I would really hate him. :ph34r:

Well said. ...when you start swatting gloves and bumping goalies...I say all bets are off at that point!

At least no player has ever punched a guy in the nuts ... if that ever happened I'd say it's time to fold up the NHL: we've obviously crossed over into ghetto-basketball territory then!

:D

Hey, if a Pens fan (or, God forbid, Hockey Junkie) had posted a similar thread on the Flyers board in the same situation, are you telling me that there would be NO ONE apoplectic about discussing the end of the series before it ends?

Because I just don't believe it.

Kudos to the atmosphere on this board (and to our posters) that it's not that way. But one of the reasons it's not that way is the "over sensitive" mods who keep an eye on things before they get out of hand.

If the situtation was reveresed I would not be offended, especially if we were down 3-0. I can't remember on the old silly.com board what the atmosphere was like when we were down 3-0 to the Bruins back in 2010. At that point all I was hoping for was 1 win. I kind of thought it a lost cause.

Like I said in a previous post, I had a cool conversation regarding this topic with some of my co-workers and jsut thought it might translate well here. If the series was 2-1 then as I said before...no way this thread gets posted. And yes I know our resident Pen fans are good natured and therefore didn't think any of it.

I kinda of feel bad now that I did. I'm glad everyone for the most is cool with it though..........

• Like 1

The whole key to a flame throwing type thread is the demeanor in the writing. This first post was well written as a topic for discussion. A Flaming or post with a sole purpose to mock generally only has one or two sentences.

Thus we welcome topics such as this which are written for discussion. Rad also makes a great point, as we mods do try to keep discussions from escalating in an unfavorable direction.

If in doubt when creating a topic that may create multiple viewpoints from fans of various teams, choose to post it in the "Around the NHL" forum.

Pilldoc did nothing wrong and it is nothing more than what one of our friendly pens fans would do to us... I don't t think doc has ever written an inflammatory post.

For heavens sake we can't even bust nards in good fun? This is a great topic IMO but then again I have been slapped on the wrist twice as of late so what do I know.

No disrespect intended whatsoever but fans of other teams having a little fun with each other is no big deal... As long as it does not get personal...

I enjoy other views from different fan bases and dare I say that Polaris and B21 are very good posters. Maybe I am wrong but I think this was a a sincere post in terms of getting the pens fans opinion. We all know the hatred bt teams but I think we are all civil and enjoy each others input...

Kumq ba yah my lord... Kum ba yah....

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

Lets face it though... Losing sucks. It ALWAYS sucks. We rationalize it to try to make it not suck so much, but it still sucks. This year will hurt more right here, right now, but only because last year was a year ago ;). All losing seasons suck the same.

• Like 3

Lets face it though... Losing sucks. It ALWAYS sucks. We rationalize it to try to make it not suck so much, but it still sucks. This year will hurt more right here, right now, but only because last year was a year ago ;). All losing seasons suck the same.

Well said, I'm going to pour myself another Manhatten in your honor.

It's after Derby day, so I'm on my own mint julep concoction over the Manhattans, but here's to ya, eh?

:blink:

Gawd, I could never stomach those things. Friends from Kentucky sent us a bottle of Early Times Mint Julep. Probably not as good a freshly made, but horrible enough to not want another IMO.

I was directing that toward sir radoran who felt it may have been offensive.

As for you....GFY! :P

I know. Don't look at me on this one...no dog in this hunt. Just found it amusing/ironic/weird/funny that y'all were arguing about if we Pens fans were offended.

Just the fact that y'all care warms my heart. :wub:

Kum ba ya....

Gawd, I could never stomach those things. Friends from Kentucky sent us a bottle of Early Times Mint Julep. Probably not as good a freshly made, but horrible enough to not want another IMO.

Well, it's my recipie...

Mint from the backyard, 2 oz wildflower honey-based simple syrup, 4 oz bourbon

Shake, serve over crushed ice

there's also the orange mint julep with orange mint, splash of triple sec and a few dashes of peychaud's.

and I digest

yeah if you got it from a bottle it probably sucked.

bourbon, fresh cut mint and sugar or honey (very nice @radoran) over ice is tough combo to beat IMO.

• Like 1

yeah if you got it from a bottle it probably sucked.

bourbon, fresh cut mint and sugar or honey (very nice @radoran) over ice is tough combo to beat IMO.

I've got Spearmint, Sweet Mint and Orange Mint just outside my window next to the bar :)