Sweeeeeeeeep.....

Guest pensuck

Hockey Gods are alive and thriving in Pittsburgh. Matt Cooke (the oxygen thief) Jerome (I'm bigger than the game) Iginla, Crosby, Letang, Orpik, immature little whiny brats, all conspired against themselves. Looks good on ya Mario, you were a bit of a whiner yourself!

In all honesty they had the most talented team by far. I thought for sure they'd at least make it to the cup. They must have some serious problems in that dressing room. And that's besides 87 and 71 having ******s.

What can ya do? I had a few more weeks of hockey than many, so ill take it. I didn't have time for another parade so soon anyway.

Even though I think Bylsma is a good coach, he has to go now. 2 years in a row his team was either of these 3...

1) Out Coached

2) Not prepared to play

3) Just too full of themselves

Bonus answer, All the above...

They traded for 3 guy's that werent playing well for there parent clubs, Morrow,Iginla and Murray. ...While they didnt give up much, as far as players go for both, they did trade a 1st for Iginla and a couple 2nd round picks for Murray. IMO all 3 didn't add a lot, Shero has to take blame for that

1st off nothing makes me happier than seeing the Penguins tank like this AGAIN in the playoffs!

My question is this. Can the NHL and the Hockey World FINALLY move past this whole "penguins/Crosby" thing already!?!? I used to be-grudging admit that Cindy was indeed one of, if not THE best player in Hockey. I'm honestly not so sure of that anymore.....you can't no-show for an entire playoff series like that and still be considered "the best".....what a joke.

Is Malkin's contract up this year?? Cuz you know he's LONG gone once that contract expires....as is neal most likely....Crosby will be a pen for life which could not make me happier. After this series I can finally say this with ALL honesty.....I would not trade Jody Shelly for Crosbyt at this point. The pens can have him....

Edited by MaineFlyFan

Getting swept is one thing. Scoring TWO goals in an entire series when you're the cup favorites is downright embarrassing. Crosby and Malkin combining for zero points just adds to it.

Edited by flyercanuck

For our resident friendly pens fans I really do not want to rub salt into the wound. I am sure this series is shaking up the philosophy of the pens management and decisions have to be made moving forward. This team IMO needs big shake up and I mean personnel and coaching.

Although I think (not so sure anymore) Sid is the best player in the world I seriously question his leadership. He and everyone else need to be held accountable for the past two years of busts and I get the sense the inmates are running the asylum.

• Like 1

For our resident friendly pens fans I really do not want to rub salt into the wound. I am sure this series is shaking up the philosophy of the pens management and decisions have to be made moving forward. This team IMO needs big shake up and I mean personnel and coaching.

Although I think (not so sure anymore) Sid is the best player in the world I seriously question his leadership. He and everyone else need to be held accountable for the past two years of busts and I get the sense the inmates are running the asylum.

Good point MC. If Crosby is in fact calling the shots it's time for him to play as he's told. None of us know for sure if he is, but that was mentioned on these boards by a Pens fan earlier in the series.

FC,

It is speculation but it sure seems that something is going on behind the scene . Maybe Bylsma's message is a result of what Crosby wants and not so much about the team.

As you said this was in fact brought up by a pens fan. It will be interesting to see if there is any chatter from Iginla and/or Morrow as I can't imagine they are back with the pens. Something is not working in that locker room..

They've definitely got some character issues in that dressing room. I think it all falls on Cindy. He's a great player no doubt but what veterans like iginla and morrow want to follow a player like that? He's a little baby and everyone knows it. Look at iginla and morrow. Both captains who must cringe watching Cindy dive and cry every game. Those two guys are orange and black material if I ever saw one. Lunch pail, blue collar type players. BTW, can we get one of those 2? :)

couple points... lets actually give Boston some credit here... they played great team D. they are a much better team than most realize. they can win the cup against either of the west teams.

Cindy will be seeing Chara in his nightmares the rest of the summer. he was really trying out there, he just had a 6'9" zombie coming at him at every turn. the real no-shows were Malkin and Neal. they needed that line to score and they didn't. without secondary scoring against Boston.... they didn't have a chance.

Lastly... lets not forget that Pitt's Achilles heel is their D. they're simply not strong enough, but especially when they weren't outscoring teams. Oh, and I'd gladly take Crosby for Shelley.... problem is, Jody is a UFA now(and by problem I mean yippee!)

• Like 2

Ha Ha! Crosby for shelly.....Priceless. Okay! That I would do I guess but Shelly and a bag of pucks......Still no! ;)

You make a great point with the B's though. I live in New England so I see nothing but sox/pats/celtics/bruins. I watched the rbuins a lot this year and thought to myself....SOB, they're gonna go deep again. When they are on their game they DOMINATE. Def give Boston credit for stopping one of the better Offensive teamsn in the leauge!

They've definitely got some character issues in that dressing room. I think it all falls on Cindy. He's a great player no doubt but what veterans like iginla and morrow want to follow a player like that? He's a little baby and everyone knows it. Look at iginla and morrow. Both captains who must cringe watching Cindy dive and cry every game. Those two guys are orange and black material if I ever saw one. Lunch pail, blue collar type players. BTW, can we get one of those 2? :)

It's funny you suggest that, as I was thinking similarly earlier this morning. Let the Flyers channel their inner Team Canada, and see if they can get a Morrow/Couturier/Iginla checking line. Too bad Richards is gone.

Obviously those two only for the right price, and maybe trading away a forward for a draft pick (read: free up a roster spot and cap space). I haven't looked at the math, just thinking casually. I absolutely wouldn't blow up the team to make it happen though.