who replaces lavy if fired in 2013-2014 season

Guest toughfighter83

if lavy gets fired in the fall of 2013 or in 2014 who's a good replacement? this team needs a defensive coach and alain vigneault would have been a good fit, but he more likely will be snatched before the season starts, so what other defensive coaches would fit this team?

the ones i dont want is dan bylsma, john tortorella they are lavy clones.

if lavy gets fired in the fall of 2013 or in 2014 who's a good replacement? this team needs a defensive coach and alain vigneault would have been a good fit, but he more likely will be snatched before the season starts, so what other defensive coaches would fit this team?

Rick Tocchet ;)

The Flyers will revert back to the good old boy network and name;

Riley Cote- Head coach

Jody Shelley-Asst Coach

Berube-Will remain on as an assistant coach to mentor Cote and Shelley

Danny Briere-will be bought out, retire and be named the teams PK coach despite the fact he bever played on the PK.

Flyers will decide between Mike York or Kyle Calder for their PP coach.

and wait for it........Brian Boucher will be named Goalie coach.

Terry Murray, why do you think he was hired in the first place, the flyers give up way too many goals and Murray is a defense first coach. He was hired to put a little pressure on Lavvy, I like Lavvy and hope he succeeds, but if we have another uneventful year, Murray takes over

Terry Murray, why do you think he was hired in the first place, the flyers give up way too many goals and Murray is a defense first coach. He was hired to put a little pressure on Lavvy, I like Lavvy and hope he succeeds, but if we have another uneventful year, Murray takes over

yeah but he's terrible with the phantoms, i dont think he will be the answer here, plus i think that's why the flyers dont want to get rid of lavy because there are no good coach replacements.

yeah but he's terrible with the phantoms, i dont think he will be the answer here, plus i think that's why the flyers dont want to get rid of lavy because there are no good coach replacements.

He doesn't have much to work with on the Phantoms, but sure enough, those call ups played well this season. That should count for something.

im still wondering why was he terrible with the kings and with the flyers in the stanley cup finals in 97?

He's a defensive coach, but lacks enough offensive balance in my opinion. Fair question though.

I've always had an interest in Teddy Nolan. I was amazed with what he did with the Islanders a few years back. I think he deserves another shot at a head coaching gig in the NHL. I don't know if he fits what the Flyers are looking for but he might bring a different perspective to these players.

• Like 1

Lavi's coaching style does not fit our roster. We need a Lou Lam. type guy, a defense first, trap kinda game that keeps the games close and hope our scoring does the trick when it needs to. This roster is simply not built for the run and gun Lavi believes in. We need a consertive defense first approach, at least while the youngsters grow into their roles on offense and the often injured defense is constantly being stretched beyond their capibilities. It might sound boring, and I always hated those trap teams, but that is exactly what this roster needs right now....in other words, Murray would be a suitable stop gap measure while this team grows.

Edited by jammer2

Dan Bylsma...you mean John Stevens with cooler glasses?

Lavi's coaching style does not fit our roster. We need a Lou Lam. type guy, a defense first, trap kinda game that keeps the games close and hope our scoring does the trick when it needs to. This roster is simply not built for the run and gun Lavi believes in. We need a consertive defense first approach, at least while the youngsters grow into their roles on offense and the often injured defense is constantly being stretched beyond their capibilities. It might sound boring, and I always hated those trap teams, but that is exactly what this roster needs right now....in other words, Murray would be a suitable stop gap measure while this team grows.

for once you are right and techinqually the offense comes from the d anyway, problem is this team has too many stay at home defensemen and not enough offense.