Rumor: Coburn + 11 for Bobby Ryan being discussed

Read AND Mez for Perron and a pick? Is the pick a top 10? Cause Read is better than Perron.

I'm not debating one is better than the other..yet...one is under contact for the next 3 (3.8 per) the other will require about 4-4.5mill to resign...Mezz is a throw in salary dump..

Sounds a bit high to me but you may be right.

Hey maybe i am over shooting it a bit...

Anisimov resigned 3 year 3.2 per and has never score more than 18 goals in a season and is 25...about the closest bench mark i can find...Read is better than him so maybe 3.75mill-4 get it done...

Sounds a bit high to me but you may be right.

I'd be surprised if Read gets more than 4, but who knows? I would prefer Read at 4 over Perron at 3.8. In any case, I don't see any need to do a deal like this right now. Homer has much bigger fish to fry. Or, much bigger sheep to shear, as the case may be...

Edited by JackStraw

I don't know, haven't really watched Perron that much but I think I like Read better. Not sure this would really do much for the Flyers other than dump Meszaros' salary.

I can tell you from watching Perron play a lot as a Wing fan, there are few better two way players in the game, his defense is equal or better than his offensive output. Very brittle, but when he is on the ice he shuts down the other teams top line while supplying offense himself. I hate playing the Blues because of Hitchcocks wear them down style and this guy is a poster child for it.

I can tell you from watching Perron play a lot as a Wing fan, there are few better two way players in the game, his defense is equal or better than his offensive output. Very brittle, but when he is on the ice he shuts down the other teams top line while supplying offense himself. I hate playing the Blues because of Hitchcocks wear them down style and this guy is a poster child for it.

Thanks for the information. Read is a good two way guy as well, who can play in any situation. So while it may or may not be a good trade I don't think it's a trade that screams out to be made. Seems like the main benefit to the Flyers would be dumping Meszaros' salary.