nhl network: morin

Guest murraycraven

yeah I didn't understand that choice at all. For weeks now - much longer for many of you - we've heard the big names, we know who the likely top 5, top 10 are and Risto's name appears in those analysis most of the time. Why what's-his-name picked Morin ... he hardly explained himself....or maybe I should say, when he was done explaining his choice I was still confused why he didn't take Risto.

@Vincent05

Honestly, you're not picking because a guy is NHL ready. You're picking the guy you hope turns out the best. At least you should be.

I could see that if management had a track record of developing talent. But frankly, how many players that the Flyers picked up five years ago are still with the team? If they draft a player that's five years away from the NHL chances are he'll be traded away before he ever contributes!

Edited by Earle'sGaffe
  • Like 1

I could see that if management had a track record of developing talent. But frankly, how many players that the Flyers picked up five years ago are still with the team? If they draft a player that's five years away from the NHL chances are he'll be traded away before he ever contributes!

Well, if they actually KEEP the draft pick and use it, they'll have a better chance than they've had when they kept trading the picks away for guys who can't even play anymore.

I think Holmgren does fine with his first picks in the draft...actually, better than a lot of gms. Which makes me just shake my head everytime he trades them away. Maybe he should try using his 2nds once in awhile too.

• Like 1

We got another Grossman/Schenn, we have no skating, puck skill or shooting skills from any of our dmen, horrible pick, if you wanted this guy ,you should have traded down. Homer is a fool, just like last year when he passed on Hamilton., This dman Morin, is a 1970s style player. Homer your a tool

If nothing else, Homer drafts very well. Many here bitched about Laughton over Maata, and still sometimes Couturier over Hamilton. How about a little faith and trust? I guarantee he knows more than all of us fans.

At least it wasn't Domi.

A slapshot does not make a NHL defenseman, exclusively.

Homer needs one to his noggins. By the time Morin makes it to the Flyers we probably stinks anyways and will trade him to rebuild or should I say retool yet again.

Am I the only on that remembers we signed Streit? Puck moving defenseman - check. Big slap shot - check. PP quarterback - check.

Relax people... Jesus christian you can't have 6 puck moving defensemen and you need stay at home types.

Am I the only on that remembers we signed Streit? Puck moving defenseman - check. Big slap shot - check. PP quarterback - check.

Relax people... Jesus christian you can't have 6 puck moving defensemen and you need stay at home types.

I agree with you we can't have 6 puck moving defenseman but do we have any in our pipeline? We need to draft offense skill guys, these defensive defenseman are easier to get in the FA market. Tired of them drafting these types of guys with huge potential. Rememer Coburn? Look where he is now. Kevin Marshall and MA Bourdon also.

I do hope we are wrong on Morin but history of the Flyers developing these guys are not on our side let alone patience to wait for them to develop. We all are tired of watching them sign over the hill puck moving defenseman here or wouldn't want them to overpay for one in a trade.

Watching the predraft on NHL and some interesting picks. They have the Flyers picking Sam Morin. Risto was still on the board along with Pulock while Zadarov was picked ahead...

Well they nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!

@Murry Craven ,our puck moving dman is 35, how about getting a young puck mover? Im not confident when you two offensive guys Timmo and Streit are old fossils. The plan here would be, draft a guy like Pulock ,then when Streit retires , Pulock steps in, all we did was prolong the inevitable once again by not drafting a skill dman

By the time Morin gets to the big club Gus will be in the NHL for 3 years... Maybe I am higher on Gus than most but this pick is a few years away. Trying to predict the future with this or any team in terms of trades is like trying to figure out the fibonacci sequence in relation to astro physics...

You keep basing everything on this year... You as well as I have no idea what is going to happen. All I know is they hose a kid that is huge, can skate very well and plays with an edge...

Will it turn out to be a good pick? Maybe and maybe not but Pulock is no more of a guarantee. Most scouts think he has hit his cap in terms of being a prospect.