Linemates for Vinny...

Guest ZeZel25

Tocchet pretty much admitted that Vinny isn't that fleet a foot and needs to be paired with speed wingers. With that being said, look at the options on the Flyers... This is if he stays at Center

Simmonds?

Read, if not traded

Gags, IF resigned

Rinaldo

Voracek

Laughton

To me, their the only wingers with speed

Maybe this is the lack of sleep for 2 weeks but I'd like to see this:

Vinny - Giroux - Jake

Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds

Gagne - Couturier - Read

Rinaldo - Talbot - McGinn/Akeson

Multiple reasons -

Giroux sets up Jake and Vinny left and right

Gets Hartnell off the top line making it more productive.

Keeps Schenn and Couturier in their natural positions (doesn't interrupt development)

Laughton stays down for another year to develop.

McGinn and Akeson fight for a spot with Rosehill, Hall and Shelley.

@Digityman

I would be okay with your first line and actually like the third. The fourth works for me, too.

I suppose the second would be okay, but do you think it might be too much of the same thing or are you going with a banger line on purpose? It just seems like you might end up with all three forwards camping out in the crease with the puck going the other way. And God knows that if that's the case, Hartnell has three different lines to trip over trying to get back.

Meltzer wrote this AM, that Schenn now becomes a fulltime LW. So, I'm guessing Vinnie will definitely play center, if that is true.

IMO...they can't afford to resign Gagne now, and I am not convinced Read will be here either. But we'll see...

Tocchet pretty much admitted that Vinny isn't that fleet a foot and needs to be paired with speed wingers. With that being said, look at the options on the Flyers... This is if he stays at Center

Simmonds?

Read, if not traded

Gags, IF resigned

Rinaldo

Voracek

Laughton

Schenn will be his LW and Simmer on his RW....solid 2nd line right there. Me likey!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Meltzer wrote this AM, that Schenn now becomes a fulltime LW. So, I'm guessing Vinnie will definitely play center, if that is true.

IMO...they can't afford to resign Gagne now, and I am not convinced Read will be here either. But we'll see...

Remind me.... didn't B Schenn play wing at some point before coming to the NHL?

Remind me.... didn't B Schenn play wing at some point before coming to the NHL?

He's been bounced around since he got here now he can settle in at one spot..............till someone goes down.....

Did Gagne play with him in TB?

How'd that go?

I think it's gagne and simmer if gags is here. I hope he is.

This being the flyers, injuries and slumps will = lots of line juggling anyway.

Simmonds?

Read, if not traded

Gags, IF resigned

Rinaldo

Voracek

Laughton

Maybe this is the lack of sleep for 2 weeks but I'd like to see this:

Vinny - Giroux - Jake

Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds

Gagne - Couturier - Read

Rinaldo - Talbot - McGinn/Akeson

That top line seems like our likely first PP Unit.

Other than that, I think Vinny has to be our second line center. He's more of a play-maker than a scorer these days.

Gagne kind of seems like a 4th line/checking line kind of player on this team, no?

Am still hoping that Homer finds another trick up his sleeve to land Bobby Ryan for our top line. G, Jake & Ryan would be insane on the top line.

i so totally disagree with all the bobby ryan hype.

he's west coast jvr . so what he's from cherry hills and was a flyers fan. harts produces nearly as much and hardly ever has a shift where you wonder if he's on the ice. hartnell is a other ucker to play against all the time , where as ryan, well if he's on one of his streaks will get you points.

19s contract won't feel bad to me until the very end and by then he could retire or get waived , who knows, i value what hartnell brings beyond the score sheet.

• Like 1

i so totally disagree with all the bobby ryan hype.

he's west coast jvr . so what he's from cherry hills and was a flyers fan. harts produces nearly as much and hardly ever has a shift where you wonder if he's on the ice. hartnell is a other ucker to play against all the time , where as ryan, well if he's on one of his streaks will get you points.

19s contract won't feel bad to me until the very end and by then he could retire or get waived , who knows, i value what hartnell brings beyond the score sheet.

Couldn't disagree more about Ryan. I get to watch a lot of Ducks games out here and the comparisons to JvR are nonsense. The only thing they have in common is that they are both former high first round picks who took a while to bloom.

Ryan busts it out there and is not afraid to do the dirty work in front of the net or in the corners along the boards. He is everything that JvR should have been.

Ryan has heart and has a great knack for putting the puck in the net. He would be an ideal fit for the Flyers top line. Hartnell has had exactly ONE really good season with the Flyers (2 years ago) and is drastically over-paid.

19s contract won't feel bad to me until the very end and by then he could retire or get waive

Interesting. His contract felt bad to me and all he did was take the cap off the pen. He hadn't even signed yet. I'd trade him for a klondike bar.

@ruxpin

to may toe to mah toe.

he's a clown but when you put him with good players, the line produces. i mean ville leino got paid because he played with hartsy ville leino.

Giroux , Jagr and Hartnell were deadly too. when a guy keeps showing up on good production lines it must mean he brings good stuff to the table.

@AndyS

you see him , and i don't so i wll take your word when you say Ryan busts it...

Ryan is young and has a higher cap hit number than hartnell for a little more production , without sticking up for teammates , having the ability to get top players off their game.

I think Harts makes his lines better because he's tough to play against, i think good players benefit from his presence.

i think Ryan is a good player with great hands that benefits from the presence of Getzlaf ...

I don't think Ryan would be all world on our team.

he's a clown but when you put him with good players, the line produces. i mean ville leino got paid because he played with hartsy ville leino.

Giroux , Jagr and Hartnell were deadly too. when a guy keeps showing up on good production lines it must mean he brings good stuff to the table

I suppose that's fair enough. Your opinion isn't wrong. I just don't like him and would move him the instant I could.

I'm not in charge, though. That's probably a good thing.