I believe now if Morin comes to camp @ 215 lbs he makes Flyers

Guest Mario99

Jeez, what's the rush? He just turned 18 in July, and it's not as if he's a lottery-type player. Learning to play NHL quality defense is astoundingly difficult, and it's even tougher to do when you're learning on the job. In the meantime of setting a kid up for failure, you're burning through his cheap entry-level years. Unless he comes into camp and is clearly an NHL-ready defender (and almost nobody is at that age) it would be a terrible decision to give him a Flyers jersey at this stage of the game.

I wouldn't be ready to start shipping off proven NHL veterans just yet.

JR

• Like 2

I think you are smoking something!  Puff, puff, give man!

He is not ready to play in the NHL and as Polaris stated you will ruin him...   He is back in Jrs for a year and then maybe the A the year after.  He is not ready to play at this level and it would do nothing to help his development by rushing him.

Morin stayed at Ian Lapierrie's house this Summer getting in shape & Lappy said who knows he might change our minds and give us a hard decision to make, so even Lappy thinks Morin has a chance

Lapperiere's doing his job, and pumping the kid's tires. What should we expect him to say: "This kid isn't ready yet. NHL forwards would eat him alive"? He's the Director of Player Development... He's going to say complimentary things about Morin's development, and try to help guide him to the next stage.

I once heard Doug Weight, with a straight face, tell the media what a good slapshot Ryan Smyth has. I love Ryan Smyth. More than a straight guy should. But great slapshot? You can read Gary Bettman's signature on the puck as it goes by when Smyth uncorks one of his "blasts".

JR

JR, I agree with you but why would Lappy say that "he has a chance who knows" Lappy should just have said he is 18 years old and might need a year or two and not bring up he has a chance, we know the kid needs a year or so, but I tell you this he's a better skater now than Grossman, Mez

JR, I agree with you but why would Lappy say that "he has a chance who knows" Lappy should just have said he is 18 years old and might need a year or two and not bring up he has a chance, we know the kid needs a year or so, but I tell you this he's a better skater now than Grossman, Mez

He's being nice and trying to instill confidence in the kid. Nothing wrong with that.

JR

• Like 1

He's being nice and trying to instill confidence in the kid. Nothing wrong with that.

JR

The Flyers, as an organization, have a long and proud history of giving the straight facts, the unvarnished truth to the media at all times.

They have even established the Bob Clarke School of Media Relations to imbue their staff with the ethics of openness and truthfulness.

Motto: "We have no interest in Comrie"

:ph34r:

The Flyers, as an organization, have a long and proud history of giving the straight facts, the unvarnished truth to the media at all times.

They have even established the Bob Clarke School of Media Relations to imbue their staff with the ethics of openness and truthfulness.

Motto: "We have no interest in Comrie"

:ph34r:

" really guys... billy tibbets is not a bad guy..."

I get the feeling if he comes in camp at 215 lbs or so in good shape he is on the Flyers roster

& maybe we can deal Coburn or Mez

The future pairing I see of Morin and Hagg exciting

Never happen! He's not needed this upcoming year so why rush a guy who's clearly not ready

I get the feeling if he comes in camp at 215 lbs or so in good shape he is on the Flyers roster

& maybe we can deal Coburn or Mez

The future pairing I see of Morin and Hagg exciting

No worries they have something here if they nurture him right....and don't pressure him, he'll blossom just fine but since when have the Flyers ever been patient?????

"Just wait, Flyers fans will LOVE Dan Carcillo."

Hey, that was not an untrue statement. They loved him for about 48 hours when he scored that OT game winner against the Devils in the 2010 playoffs.

Even going under the notion that he would need to be at 215 is a stretch to me... he was listed at 200 pounds (6'6") when he was drafted.  For a kid of that frame 15 pounds in the matter of a few months is a stretch for the beginning of camp.   Just dont see it happening and I would much rather he and Hagg develop their game and not be rushed.