Wtf

Jmdodgesrt4

Was at the bar with friends (and one Habs fan). That was a pretty sad display, and I was embarrassed to be a Flyers fan. 

There were also tons of Leafs fans, and I gotta say, both games were on and the Leafs/Sens was way more interesting to watch. The Flyers had nothing. No pressure, no jump, no cycle, no hits.

Where was Giroux? MIA.

Lecavalier showed up. And Simmonds looked pretty good. That's about it.

Was at the bar with friends (and one Habs fan). That was a pretty sad display, and I was embarrassed to be a Flyers fan. 

There were also tons of Leafs fans, and I gotta say, both games were on and the Leafs/Sens was way more interesting to watch. The Flyers had nothing. No pressure, no jump, no cycle, no hits.

Where was Giroux? MIA.

Lecavalier showed up. And Simmonds looked pretty good. That's about it.

you can add Rinaldo to that list...at least he is earning his paycheck

you can add Rinaldo to that list...at least he is earning his paycheck

Yes, forgot Rinaldo. Looks like Laviolette has, too. 

Question: Does anyone think it's possible the players may have tuned out Laviolette? Maybe not in an active way, but they just seem to be going through the motions, with no intensity. This is way more than a two game problem. It was like that all of last season, in pre-season, and now this season.

Yes, forgot Rinaldo. Looks like Laviolette has, too. 

Question: Does anyone think it's possible the players may have tuned out Laviolette? Maybe not in an active way, but they just seem to be going through the motions, with no intensity. This is way more than a two game problem. It was like that all of last season, in pre-season, and now this season.

Anything is possible.  But why?  He dosen't know how to use players? Juggles lines too much?  If they are tuning him out....then you have a lost locker room yet again.  So is it the players then being spoiled brats or is it really Lavy not knowing how to motivate a locker room and in reality is really a mediocre coach?

Anything is possible.  But why?  He dosen't know how to use players? Juggles lines too much?  If they are tuning him out....then you have a lost locker room yet again.  So is it the players then being spoiled brats or is it really Lavy not knowing how to motivate a locker room and in reality is really a mediocre coach?

Well, just for example, if I were Voracek, I'd be scratching my head at why after my breakout year and obvious chemistry with Giroux, the coach decides to break up the most productive duo on the team and move me to the 3rd line with two scrubs. No offense to Cooter and Talbot, but at this point, they are both scrubs.

Yes, it is to "spread the wealth." But in the preseason, Schenn showed chemistry with Lecavalier. All of last year, he failed to show any with Giroux. So coach decides to put him with Giroux, naturally.

Maybe it's an early season experiment, but it still reeks of confusion and lack of a clear plan for the team.

And how many times have the lines been juggled already in 120 minutes of hockey? I'd say way more than normal.

Well, just for example, if I were Voracek, I'd be scratching my head at why after my breakout year and obvious chemistry with Giroux, the coach decides to break up the most productive duo on the team and move me to the 3rd line with two scrubs. No offense to Cooter and Talbot, but at this point, they are both scrubs.

Yes, it is to "spread the wealth." But in the preseason, Schenn showed chemistry with Lecavalier. All of last year, he failed to show any with Giroux. So coach decides to put him with Giroux, naturally.

Maybe it's an early season experiment, but it still reeks of confusion and lack of a clear plan for the team.

And how many times have the lines been juggled already in 120 minutes of hockey? I'd say way more than normal.

Then what essentially you are saying....Lavy is a mediocre coach.  Agree with points on Jake and Schenn.

Not necessarily but I do think he's trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Then if that is the case...this team is gonna have issues unless 1 of 2 things happens. 1) Lavy realizes what he is doing is not working and goes back to the K.I.S.S method or 2) Lavy is so bullhead and stubborn that he won't change and in about another 10-15 games when this team is like 4-12 or 5-11 or something like that, that Homer/Snider will have had enough and Lavy will be seen leaving town on a SEPTA train.

Either way the players have to pull their collective jocks up and their heads out of the area where the sun does not shine and start playing the way they should be and Lavy needs to adjust his game planing.  Either way if changes are not made then season will be over before Turkey Day.