Frank S says there is a trade buzz around Flyers

Guest brelic

So not a single player in the entire league can make this team better?

Not saying that in the future just right now but who is available that will fix this team? I look at the offense the Flyers have and I shake my head. What the Flyers need is a spark up their ass and to get rid of aging slow defensemen but that takes a lot more than a single trade. The management needs to go before they start shipping out players.

Edited by FreakinFlyersFan

I could list a bunch that would be a good start :D    The problem is that it is going to be tough to find a trade partner this early in the season.  If (&when) they make a move I hope that it is for a legit scorer and/or a mobile defensman.   It is going to be a tough one to pull off but you have to try.  

I'm with you (on all accounts). I wouldn't make a trade right now either. Besides being way too early and giving the players a chance to gel, like you said, it's going to be hard to find someone to trade with at this point. I'm just objecting to this idea that there isn't a single player in the league who would change this team. I think it's a pretty dumb thing to say to be honest.

Not saying that in the future just right now but who is available that will fix this team? I look at the offense the Flyers have and I shake my head. What the Flyers need is a spark up their ass and to get rid of aging slow defensemen but that takes a lot more than a single trade. The management needs to go before they start shipping out players.

Management (Snider) ain't going anywhere, so you might as well warm up to the idea of some trades (eventually).

By make a difference do you mean go to the cup or simply be a better team? I don't think they're going to the cup and no one player will change that. But if you think there isn't a single roster move to be made that wouldn't improve this team, that's pretty dumb. They are **** right now, there's nowhere to go but up. Winning and losing is a matter of chemistry and one player can make the difference in a team being a little better than they currently are.

What I'm saying is if that article were true, and the Flyers were looking at a trade to fix their woes (and this article was posted before Lavy was fired), my reaction is basically to facepalm. As in there are bigger fish to fry. A trade - good or bad - would be a band-aid.

What I'm saying is if that article were true, and the Flyers were looking at a trade to fix their woes (and this article was posted before Lavy was fired), my reaction is basically to facepalm. As in there are bigger fish to fry. A trade - good or bad - would be a band-aid.

Let me make this clear, I don't think there is a single player in the league who makes this team a cup contender. But to say "Does anyone on this board think a trade is going to fix anything?" is just stupid. There is a lot of room between changing nothing and going to the cup. Do I think one player can make them better than they are right now? Yeah, but not cup contenders. That is all.

Unfortunately you are probably right....the trades this team makes do scare me. :unsure:

The trades themselves don't scare me as much as how much money is usually attached to the players coming in. Homer pays too much money for just about everyone we sign.

Edited by fanaticV3.0

@brelic  Gallagher is nothing to sneeze at, he's a wicked looking sniper in my books. Belieau is a bit more of a unknown, although highly thought of. Doubt the rumor's are true, but I would do Coots for Gallagher reluctantly.....but the d-men changing hands, we would be giving up to much potential, only like the front part of that deal.

@brelic  Gallagher is nothing to sneeze at, he's a wicked looking sniper in my books. Belieau is a bit more of a unknown, although highly thought of. Doubt the rumor's are true, but I would do Coots for Gallagher reluctantly.....but the d-men changing hands, we would be giving up to much potential, only like the front part of that deal.

Yeah, Gallagher looks good, but is still unproven. He had a really good rookie season. So did Couturier.

I don't know too much about Beaulieu, but some of my friends tell me he's supposedly a PMD. I'm not really sure about Morin, either... somewhere between a crease-clearing guy and a PMD. Morin was 11th (too high according to most analysts at the draft), and Beaulieu was 17th overall.

Anyway, like most rumours it probably won't happen ;)

I love Timonen, and usually his quotes are pretty honest and blunt (especially in Finnish). But that's as cliche as it gets.

Time to put the work boots on? Did you think wearing flip flops was ok for the first 3 games? I don't even know what that means.

He's saying that it wasn't Lavy's fault - it was the team's fault for not playing harder.

He's right.  Hope the change wakes everyone up.

I miss Pronger.  Just saying.

Let me make this clear, I don't think there is a single player in the league who makes this team a cup contender. But to say "Does anyone on this board think a trade is going to fix anything?" is just stupid. There is a lot of room between changing nothing and going to the cup. Do I think one player can make them better than they are right now? Yeah, but not cup contenders. That is all.

Trading someone AWAY and adding a reliable player in return could make a big difference.

Hartnell, anyone? 

Have read where he is in the best shape of his life & looking to return to the form of two years ago. So far we've seen squat.

Trading someone AWAY and adding a reliable player in return could make a big difference.

Hartnell, anyone? 

Have read where he is in the best shape of his life & looking to return to the form of two years ago. So far we've seen squat.

Does Hartnell want to be traded?

No Movement Clause

Six More Years

Interesting that Seravalli was talking trade talks while the coach was being fired. He was stuck on the tarmac in Raleigh while all of it was going down, but he apparently had no idea (despite claims he wasn't surprised).

He is so the poster child for a plugged in reporter.

Hartnell, anyone? 

I've had my issues with him in the past, but I don't really judge players by partial seasons. They're such a cluster****, I have a hard time giving them much thought.  Also, there's a lot of guys who have 0 points so far in this early season, not just him. Plus, he's one of the million guys we have on the roster who has a NTC.

Hartnell, anyone? 

I've always loved Hartnell and he'd be perfect to face the Bruins, Leafs and Sens in our division. ;)

It solves nothing @brelic

More hits, means...... ?  

It doesnt' mean more shots on net, it doesn't mean more 5 on 5 goals,  It means dump - chase - hit.  

This organization needs a new philosophy.  Holmgren must go.  

LOL  ^^^   Yep.  put the work boots on and hit more - make it a team effort.  

I dissagree. We have a philosophy and its the broad street bullies. Trends comes and goes.. suddenly a Tampa bay wins the cup with alot of young players then all yell we need to add young players. Next year a team wins the cup with alot of veterans then some yell we need veterans, then there is a team with a super skilled 1st line who wins, next year a team with tough defense etcetcetc. Its like Brelic says. STICK TO THE GAMEPLAN! obviously someting isnt working on our team. Maybe we are not good enought, but if a GM have put up a bad team you can always stick to the gameplan and fight for the victory and also win!

The only thing we really lack is a golie. We need to get a golie and a better golie-tradition. We need to start producing good golies and stick with them. We cant change golie every season... its becomes a bad habit and it becomes a truth - it the weak spot.

I did like Lavy. But I also liked Stevens and the Richards carter era. Too bad it didnt worked out with the organisation becouse we could have won the cup with that receipe. Lavy didnt get a good troop last year and only Homer is to blame for that.