Snider - What a *******!

Guest murraycraven

If any of you watched the 5 minute presser Snider is an absolute A-hole!  No wonder this Team is in such dismay!   The guy cant see past the seventies mentality and is arrogant as can be.

I hate Eskin but was impressed he was pressing Snider and Homer...

"what culture ?  we know our culture it's a culture of winning we know who we've got."

wow.

don't bring that weak sauce to the chairman or he will slap you down !

damn.

those guys all looked like they were headed to the gallows this am.

Berube looks like he's going to the skate zone and start kicking some peoples asses ... just you know 'cause it's fun.

holy ****.

I remember being excited when Hitch got the ax and even more so when Stevens got let go, but this? I have no clue what they are thinking. Didn't Holmgren basically assemble this team to fit Lavy's system?

This is just flat out stupid.

Snider getting all testy when it was suggested that they possibly should have just maybe given the slightest consideration of looking outside of the organization for its new coach was just bizarre.

"We know what we're doing."

Yeah, sure.  We can tell that by all of those parades we've had over the last 35+ years, Ed.

Does this team use a dart board, a ouija board, or a magic 8-ball to make its decisions?

That would explain a lot.

• Like 2

I actually liked Snider's attitude. Our GM could use some of that mojo. Kinda like Brian Burke, but back it off a bit.

Snider has no time for stupid questions, haha. That was great.

They clearly think a coaching carousel and a revolving door in goal are hallmarks of a successful franchise.

I am just thankful Snider did not promote Riley Cote up from the Phantoms and make him the next head coach.

Homer should have been fired at the same time. This reminds me of last season when the Sabres fired Lindy Ruff but let Reiger stay. We see how well that worked for Buffalo.

I appreciate a confident and powerful speaker, even when I disagree with them.

I didn't find Ed particularly powerful. On WIP they were saying that, in private, he would have been nose-to-nose with Eskin and putting his finger in his chest.

That's not "power" that's a sad, pathetic bully.

80 years old and needs to show how big his sack is to a freaking sports reporter.

That's the power and confidence of someone completely immersed in his own little bubble and disturbed when information contrary to his firmly held beliefs is brought to his attention.

Reminded me a lot of Dubya.

the sad part it is not a stupid question... only in Ed's "I am The King" mind...

Well, it is a stupid question in many ways, but in the most critical way, it cuts at the heart of what Snider, Holmgren, and Berube are. They are cut from the Flyers cloth. This is a family to them, it has given them great memories, jobs, financial security. They have poured their heart and soul into the organization, and have been rewarded by it. They have seen ups and downs.

So, for an outsider to come in and say "is there something wrong with your culture" is a direct insult at the heart of what these guys represent. Wouldn't you be pissed if someone questioned the way you raised your kids?

I'm not saying I agree with how they do things... I think it's pretty clear from my posts that I do not. But I understand how much they are defined by their experiences with the Flyers organization.

• Like 1

If any of you watched the 5 minute presser Snider is an absolute A-hole!  No wonder this Team is in such dismay!   The guy cant see past the seventies mentality and is arrogant as can be.

I hate Eskin but was impressed he was pressing Snider and Homer...

Eskin is a douche in every sense of the word. He only asks question to come across as a " Hard Nose". Asking a question like that, IMO, was stupid. What do you expect people to say when you ask them, " How come so many coaches" There going to defend themselves, right or wrong. A reporter's job is to ask questions the public wants to know, Well I know why they have hired so many coaches. Try asking Snider, How come your GM has given so many bad contracts, That's what I want to know

Well, it is a stupid question in many ways, but in the most critical way, it cuts at the heart of what Snider, Holmgren, and Berube are. They are cut from the Flyers cloth. This is a family to them, it has given them great memories, jobs, financial security. They have poured their heart and soul into the organization, and have been rewarded by it. They have seen ups and downs.

So, for an outsider to come in and say "is there something wrong with your culture" is a direct insult at the heart of what these guys represent. Wouldn't you be pissed if someone questioned the way you raised your kids?

I'm not saying I agree with how they do things... I think it's pretty clear from my posts that I do not. But I understand how much they are defined by their experiences with the Flyers organization.

Brel,

I agree but how can they sit there w/ a straight face and say that everything is great in Flyerland and we are a big family - happy days upon us?   Dont you think this is the thinking that puts an egg on the face of this franchise?   The gross negligence is absurd... from Bryzaster, trading your Captain and Drinking Partner, constant Coaching changes and a GM that plays the offseason like one bi monoploy game. 

They can sit there and say it all they want but NOBODY is buying it...  they are a joke right now.

Eskin is a douche in every sense of the word. He only asks question to come across as a " Hard Nose". Asking a question like that, IMO, was stupid. What do you expect people to say when you ask them, " How come so many coaches" There going to defend themselves, right or wrong. A reporter's job is to ask questions the public wants to know, Well I know why they have hired so many coaches. Try asking Snider, How come your GM has given so many bad contracts, That's what I want to know

I think if you reread it I said I hated Eskin.

But this a press conference about a Coaching change which goes hand in had to his line of questioning.  I would like to hear that asked as well but think it would be a very odd question to ask during a press conference about a Coaching change.  The question was around the change and the philosophy of the club - a new perspective instead of hiring from w/in as they just did.  Your questions are for when Homer gets canned - not a Coach.  Sorry if you disagree...

Again, I would like Homer to answer the question about contracts but this was not the forum to do so.

Edited by murraycraven

I think if you reread it I said I hated Eskin.

But this a press conference about a Coaching change which goes hand in had to his line of questioning.  I would like to hear that asked as well but think it would be a very odd question to ask during a press conference about a Coaching change.  The question was around the change and the philosophy of the club - a new perspective instead of hiring from w/in as they just did.

Again, I would like Homer to answer the question about contracts but this was not the forum to do so.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think It was the right palce to ask Homer. In part,  It just got a coach fired.

Not having his ducks in a row on the "more coaches fired than any other" allegation was a serious misstep and an example of the problem with the question.

The problem is that his question invited the whole "there are always reasons to fire a coach" and didn't delve deeper, as you note, with the question about why do they give out so many long-term contracts.

Of course, I could write Homer's rambling "there are always reasons that you need to set specific terms of a contract" answer before ever asking the question.

Brel,

I agree but how can they sit there w/ a straight face and say that everything is great in Flyerland and we are a big family - happy days upon us?   Dont you think this is the thinking that puts an egg on the face of this franchise?   The gross negligence is absurd... from Bryzaster, trading your Captain and Drinking Partner, constant Coaching changes and a GM that plays the offseason like one bi monoploy game. 

They can sit there and say it all they want but NOBODY is buying it...  they are a joke right now.

I agree with you. I think Snider is the fundamental driving force behind the "win now" and some of the rather monumental mistakes. He was the architect of the Bryzgalov signing, even though he might not admit it. But a glance at his quotes before that make it pretty clear that it was under his insistence.

All I'm saying is that if you corner a lion, don't be surprised when he rips off your head.

If he isn't going to answer a question about the coaching carousel, do you honestly think he's going to throw his current GM under the bus? Get real.

• Like 1

I agree with you. I think Snider is the fundamental driving force behind the "win now" and some of the rather monumental mistakes. He was the architect of the Bryzgalov signing, even though he might not admit it. But a glance at his quotes before that make it pretty clear that it was under his insistence.

All I'm saying is that if you corner a lion, don't be surprised when he rips off your head.

Well said Brel... agree on all counts.

It's more like a kitten with a ball of yarn.

Snider thinks bluster can make up for anything. Old man yelling at the kids on his lawn.

It's more like a kitten with a ball of yarn.

Snider thinks bluster can make up for anything. Old man yelling at the kids on his lawn.

Maybe, but he's more powerful than anyone on this board will ever be.

He's exactly where he's supposed to be.

Maybe, but he's more powerful than anyone on this board will ever be.

He's exactly where he's supposed to be.

And, yet, he feels the need to play the bully with sports reporters.

That's not "leadership". It's sad, really, if that's all "power" does for one.

Snider getting all testy when it was suggested that they possibly should have just maybe given the slightest consideration of looking outside of the organization for its new coach was just bizarre.

"We know what we're doing."

Yeah, sure.  We can tell that by all of those parades we've had over the last 35+ years, Ed.

Does this team use a dart board, a ouija board, or a magic 8-ball to make its decisions?

That would explain a lot.

The Flyers situation looks similar to the Blackhawks when old man was still living. The fans stayed away and once he died the culture in that organization changed, they sucked and were able to draft Toews, Seabrook and luck out drafting Kane. But until Snider moves on to the big ice rink in the sky, nothing is going to change in Flyers land.

• Like 4