Gus... pretty apparent

murraycraven

Agreed, he needs ice time. Who do you sit permanently though? A trade would make that choice easier.

Maybe asking in a different way, list the six regular D in order of value to the team? All of them bring something beneficial, yet I want Gus in the lineup somehow...

Agreed, he needs ice time. Who do you sit permanently though? A trade would make that choice easier.

Maybe asking in a different way, list the six regular D in order of value to the team? All of them bring something beneficial, yet I want Gus in the lineup somehow...

This one is easy. Mez is worthless and needs to go

Is it me or would anybody else like to see a Flyer "D" man who can clear the net.  Gus seems like he would be a decent forward on a slow night. Anybody seen Hal Gill?

Hal Gill was scheduled to be an opening night starter, but he's been scratched every game since as they are still waiting for him to get to the ice.

I would have Timmo sitting at this point. He is either still injured or just plain getting too old to play. Every game I have watched the Flyers play this year has lazy/bad hooking/int calls on Timmonen. Gus is way more mobile and has a pretty good point shot. I am not sure what they are waiting for....except for Timmonen to stop breathing and be taken out after he goes face first into the mashed potatoes......

I don't know if I'd have Timo sitting, but I'd be reducing his ice time significantly. 

2nd or 3rd pairing and maybe 2nd PP unit and PK time.  Sit Mezarros.    Play Gus.   Hell, I'd dress Lauridsen, too.

I'd just go young and see what I have.   I don't know how you make that happen with the cap and the idiotic contracts our defense has, but find a way.