LEAFS WIN CUP IN 2015 SEASON

FORBSY

Hello All,

Just wanted to reiterate my guarantee that my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Cup by the 2015 season.  Also, could you please tell Giroux to wake up & start producing?  He's currently the only thing standing between me & 1st place in multiple pools.  Cheers!

Welcome!! Are you saying the Leafs will win the cup by 2015? I like what Carlyle has done putting the club together in his image, mean and nasty pressuring up and down the ice. I just do not believe they have enough on the blue line to get er done, especially if they salary dump Fransen.

Well, well, well look what the cat dragged in!

Welcome to the board. Your Leafers are looking the best they have in a long long time. OK, the goaltending is, and pucks have been going in for them. Don't think they're quite cup contenders yet, they're going to have to play better than they are. But a nice turnaround the same...even if it took a decade.

Bold, bro. Bold.

I like that the team is looking much better than they have been in the recent past, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. They've got a ways to go before becoming legit cup contenders methinks. That defensive coverage in particular needs some serious work - buuut they've been winning so I can't really complain.

They'll also need their young guys to keep developing and a goalie to truly emerge, but I definitely like their progress thus far.

I said a couple of years ago that the Leafs would win the Cup by the 2015 season.  This isn't a sudden prediction based on their blazing hot start.  If there's actually anyone left on the scorched earth that was once known as Philly.com, my claim can be substantiated.  The fact that they're 6-1 & not yet at all playing their best hockey (& without two of their top 9 forwards) is a good sign.  Last year I predicted the Leafs would make the playoffs & get knocked out in the 1st round.  This year, we will go deeper........bet the house on it!

@FORBSY

Welcome.  I think.......   ;)

We've been here for almost 2 years what took you so long to find us....it isn't as if we didn't leave a trail.....

I don't think the Leafs have a deep enough roster to win the cup in 2015.  They could make it out of the first round though. 

@FORBSY

We've been here for almost 2 years what took you so long to find us....it isn't as if we didn't leave a trail.....

I don't think the Leafs have a deep enough roster to win the cup in 2015.  They could make it out of the first round though. 

He's admitted to being a Leafs fan. We've been in hiding for years now. You wouldn't know it because there are so many, but it's just a ruse to keep everyone from knowing how many of us there are. When we truly have something to celebrate, it will be like a zombie apocalypse movie....but with more blue. And beer.

I said a couple of years ago that the Leafs would win the Cup by the 2015 season.  This isn't a sudden prediction based on their blazing hot start.  If there's actually anyone left on the scorched earth that was once known as Philly.com, my claim can be substantiated.  The fact that they're 6-1 & not yet at all playing their best hockey (& without two of their top 9 forwards) is a good sign.  Last year I predicted the Leafs would make the playoffs & get knocked out in the 1st round.  This year, we will go deeper........bet the house on it!

I didn't mean to imply it was a rash prediction. After 40 years, I'd call any prediction for the Leafs to win the cup bold. :lol:

:( Oww my own feelings.....

Edited by Commander Clueless

@Commander Clueless

He's admitted to being a Leafs fan. We've been in hiding for years now. You wouldn't know it because there are so many, but it's just a ruse to keep everyone from knowing how many of us there are. When we truly have something to celebrate, it will be like a zombie apocalypse movie....but with more blue. And beer.

ha, and yes,many leaf fans, but there is only one FORBSY. 

@FORBSY

Heh.  Welcome.  And behave... or maybe not. ;) 

I think your Leafs are close. Not sure they can go all the way though this year. Kadri has to stop with those turnovers, for starters. 

I will say they look better than the Flyers.  Did I make your day?

@FORBSY

leafs never did well enough in the past for him to join.

Hello All,

Just wanted to reiterate my guarantee that my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Cup by the 2015 season.  Also, could you please tell Giroux to wake up & start producing?  He's currently the only thing standing between me & 1st place in multiple pools.  Cheers!

Hello Forbsy,

I don't see why not.   They're improving and not ready yet (I don't think), but I don't see why, on their current upward path, that they couldn't be ready to give it a really good run by 2015.

Well hello Mad Dog & Ruxpin, it's been far too long.  I made that prediction a couple of years ago with all sincerity, & it does certainly seem as though we are on the right path.  3rd in penalty killing, 3rd in power play, 2 very good goaltenders, 3 lines that can score, some highly skilled up & coming D-men, team toughness, 4th line stud in McClemment, good coaching, good team chemistry, on & on.  Now, I certainly don't think that we'll win 6 out of every 7 games, but this is a team to watch out for over the next few years.  Having said that, what in the blue hell is wrong with Philly?  I don't see them as a last place team, or anywhere close to that--what's going on in cheesesteak-land??

@FORBSY

Flyers clearly are underperforming but all that says is that they shouldn't be a last place team. Even if they play at the level they're capable, I don't think they are a playoff team.

This will he deja vu all over again for you, but I don't think the problem is either coaching or the players (in the sense that they're "jot trying hard enough.". I think the roster has good enough players on paper but I don't think as a group they are assembled in a way that would result in a winner. Too many centers out of position; too many passers and not enough shooters; too many kickers but not enough speed to get there in time to muck. That's just the forwards. The defense has too many of the same player and not enough of a mix to be both defensively responsible and also be able to jump start the counter rush.

I think with the coaching change they'll be able to eventually keep scoring down on most nights but scoring will continue to be a struggle.

That said, I expect 5-1 or 5-0 against the Pens tonight.

@FORBSY

Seriously (without irony or sarcasm), welcome aboard. Some of the nonsense aside, you always knew your stuff and I enjoyed the hockey back and forth. Often funny as Hell, too. Really strong addition to the Leafs' board.

Edited by ruxpin
I spelled Leafs wrong. But then again, so do they.

Of course you can't have Forbsy without Vader. Kinda disappointed in the avi though. I thought for sure you'd be using one of Averys wedding photos.

Yeah. We're going to need to work on finding him a suitable avatar

Of course you can't have Forbsy without Vader. Kinda disappointed in the avi though. I thought for sure you'd be using one of Averys wedding photos.

forsby will probably make another dozen handles, just like on the old board. :lol:

@FORBSY

Well...well....looks like the prodigal son came home.  Silly.com has been scortched for 2 yrs now.  And I see you brought your apprentice along too @LordVader:) 

Yes the Leafs very good and Bernier might be the steal of the off season.  Just becareful about JVR....we all know to well he shoots his load in the beginning part of the season and has nothing at the end but blanks. ;)

What can we say but we suck......wish I could give you a nice 100 page dissertation but then it would be filled with blank pages,,,,,,

cheers....

@FORBSY  Welcome, can't believe I'm typing this, but I have a tendency to agree. A few things have to happen. JVR must continue to progress, Gardiner must turn his tremendous talent into something that can be consistently counted on, ditto for Morgan Riley. Most importantly, Bernier must prove he is the real deal, but I believe in his talent.