How long does Holmgren have to keep his job

Lindbergh31

I know some Flyers fans wanted Holmgren gone a long time ago but somehow thru all of the **** he does he still keeps his job. So based on the latest events of this team, how long does Holmgren have before Snider tells him either step down or fire him. Just curious to hear other fans comments.

If Snider starts to feel what he intimated to Tronno radio - that they may have overvalued their talent - then the leash gets waaaaay short

If they make the playoffs, "make a run" at the end and justmiss the playoffs or "are looking good" I think they keep him.

I would be shocked if he was let go during the season but tyring to forecast anything w/ this Team is beyond impossible.    As Rad said... if they come tot he realization the talent is not what they thought it was maybe he gets the boot quicker.   So basically, I am saying I have no idea ;)

I think a few "humiliating" losses coupled with a team at the bottom of the league standings could trigger an in season move. I don't think Snider would fire Homer, just "relieve him of his GM duties and reassign him to another position with the club".

I think he gets relieved of his duties at the end of the season. The only exception is if the Flyers make the playoffs.... which I don't think they will.

It's pretty clear to many people outside the organization that Holmgren is not the right architect.

I would say (and hope) he has a little over a week. If this team makes the playoffs, it will be a "Miracle on Ice II".  You cannot blame the goaltending anymore. Mason has been outstanding.  Ed Snider is Mr. Loyalty, but he's also Mr. Impulsive. Holmgren should have been fired before Lavy was. "We don't need a fresh perspective"- Ed Snider. BS. He's either delusional, in denial or losing his mind.  They had a GRAND TOTAL of 8 shots, (and gave up 30) through the 1st 2 periods tonight. He gets two name players, and although the jury is still out on Lecavalier, Streit is not fitting in. That's not coaching, it's team chemistry and overevaluating a core, particularly on d that needs an overhaul.  (Coburn SUCKS.) It's time to BLOW IT UP. I went to the game last night, and the team not only can't complete two passes in a row, they are COMPLETELY deliberate and predictable. The Penguins completely dominated them, and if not for Mason, they would have lost 9-2. They have zero confidence in shooting the puck, and constantly pass up open shots.. "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in the net." -Wayne Gretzky. Pittsburgh was consistently clogging the middle of the ice and daring the Flyers to beat them to the outside.  Keep putting (stupid) asses in the seats, like I felt like tonight, Ed.  Fleury was named the number one star for some reason tonight, but he wasn't tested AT ALL until the third. If he would have gotten a 1st pairing d man who can move the puck in and out of zones with speed, they would at least be competitive, and would make their forwards gain confidence. They also can't win with three rookies on d. Another rant complete. :angry:  I guess the good news is we're only two weeks into the season. 

If holmgren keeps making trades to fix the poor judgement of talent he choose to assemble, well..then this just makes him look bad.

A great GM knows what he has and builds around the core, not just building a team through free agency or desperation moves.

But personally, the issue to me is money and how the Flyers culture uses it to get what they want on 'paper'.

The 'promise' of money can make a player perform..

.. however 'money in the bank' has the reverse effect.

A great GM in cap era hockey know how to find that balance by assembling a team of desperate players with skill..