Not only is this team bad

pensuck

But this defensive approach only works if you can actually play defense.  I'm still not convinced they can do that.  Can't score, can't defend.  Getting better at goaltending, though.  Maybe they ought to just take everyone off the ice but for the goalie and just let the opposing team fire away.

I've been screaming from the rooftops for quite a while. The Flyers needed to go into a defensive shell, clog the neutral zone and barley send in a forecheck. They have finally started to listen. This is the style they need to play to come even close to winning. Sit back and wait for your opponent to make a mistake and pounce. Boring, but this team's defense needs a LOT of help, having the forwards clog the neutral zone is a perfect strategy for this rag tag group. 

I've been screaming from the rooftops for quite a while. The Flyers needed to go into a defensive shell, clog the neutral zone and barley send in a forecheck. They have finally started to listen. This is the style they need to play to come even close to winning. Sit back and wait for your opponent to make a mistake and pounce. Boring, but this team's defense needs a LOT of help, having the forwards clog the neutral zone is a perfect strategy for this rag tag group. 

Jammer, I agree but it helps if you actually had players to play that style of system.  Playing a 1-3-1 or NZ trap is good defensively but it best suited if you have speedy forwards that can counter off the transition.  Which of course we dont have speedy players up front...

If the Flyers would actually bury their chances, they would be winning with this system. Mason deserves better. Did you see how hard he took giving up that last minute goal in the 3rd against Carolina? And that was Giroux's fault. Maybe Captain BestPlayerInTheWorld could show some leadership and either play better D, or make sure the goalie doesn't beat himself up over the defensive failure.

That was not the first defensive error leading directly to a goal against Giroux this season either. Far from it. Frankly, he's really pissing me off with his clichés, lack of leadership, and 4th line quality play.

• Like 1

Doom... this team must have went to the Jeff Carter school of shooting this summer. They miss the net more than any team that I can remember.

No kidding. If they would at least hit the goalie, a few would have plinko'd in by now. The shooting is the worst I've ever seen.

Jeff Carter takes a bazillion shots on net. He misses a third of the time, gets stuffed a third of the time and scores a third of the time.

I'd KILL for this team to be shooting like Jeff Carter right now.

Doom... this team must have went to the Jeff Carter school of shooting this summer. They miss the net more than any team that I can remember.

Funny they have the exact opposite effect on me.

Unless you have the urge to smash things over your he's in rage when you're asleep.

Okay I administer not that bad, but the frustration does make me grumpy.

So far the only thing the flyers do for me effectively is act as a sedative. :lol:

Claude is the worst best player in the world... In the world.

If the Flyers would actually bury their chances, they would be winning with this system. Mason deserves better. Did you see how hard he took giving up that last minute goal in the 3rd against Carolina? And that was Giroux's fault. Maybe Captain BestPlayerInTheWorld could show some leadership and either play better D, or make sure the goalie doesn't beat himself up over the defensive failure.

That was not the first defensive error leading directly to a goal against Giroux this season either. Far from it. Frankly, he's really pissing me off with his clichés, lack of leadership, and 4th line quality play.

They pick up a point.

They played a hell of a hockey game they gave up a goal to tie in the last minute and lost in over time.

baby steps they are not sunk yet. They just need to score a few more goals per game .

The sky is not fallen either.

Jammer, I agree but it helps if you actually had players to play that style of system.  Playing a 1-3-1 or NZ trap is good defensively but it best suited if you have speedy forwards that can counter off the transition.  Which of course we dont have speedy players up front...

I agree, the system does not fit the team perfectly, but I still think it's our best chance of winning.

They pick up a point.

They played a hell of a hockey game they gave up a goal to tie in the last minute and lost in over time.

baby steps they are not sunk yet. They just need to score a few more goals per game .

The sky is not fallen either.

Im sorry, imo that was not a hell of a hockey game....both teams couldnt get out of their respective ways.....mason played great, peters played good....and thats about it...they were a combined 1/10 on the powerplay....

• Like 1

It was so weird watching the Rangers and Pens play last night.

there weren't 10 guys clogging the space in front of the net, guys taking passes while they were on the move, guys breaking out of the zone with other guys available for support. guys capable of skating the puck out of the defensive zone, effective power plays, maybe they didn't score but they sustained a presence in the offensive zone. 

compared to the suckfest that was 'canes flyers is was like watching the difference between Atlantic League baseball and Major League baseball.

uncanny.

It was so weird watching the Rangers and Pens play last night.

there weren't 10 guys clogging the space in front of the net, guys taking passes while they were on the move, guys breaking out of the zone with other guys available for support. guys capable of skating the puck out of the defensive zone, effective power plays, maybe they didn't score but they sustained a presence in the offensive zone. 

compared to the suckfest that was 'canes flyers is was like watching the difference between Atlantic League baseball and Major League baseball.

uncanny.

I wish I watched that game, looked good on the highlights. Maybe the flyers should watch it and take some notes!!

Like I Said Before The Game. It Was Another Snooze Fest Last Night. Blow This Shitty Team Up Already. Trade Some Of Our Over Paid Vets. If We're Gonna Suck Let's Suck With Youth And Hopes Of Building Towards The Future...