Snider baffled, LOL!

Samifan

Just imagine what's this season would be like with Bryz in net.......

Not sure how Ed could be baffled, he allow this team to be built. Watching Homer trade away picks, give out bad contracts.

Step One Ed, look in the mirror

Edited by Samifan

I've never seen a Flyers team this bad, either. Have you?

Even 2007 was better than this.

Of course there's the Farwell dark years before Lindros, but my memory is a little fuzzy.

I was in college during those years.....killed a few brain cells along the way......

Those were some very dark years.........

• Like 1

That's called cover my a*s damage control. Why should he fix it when he's still putting as*es in the seats?  Next year he won't be as lucky with season ticket sales, except to the idiots who don't know a puck from a baseball. He'd rather be Mr. Loyalty and hand out favors for the rest of his life to ex-players who didn't win a damned thing. Of course, he's baffled. He can't figure out how to fix things HIS way, aka wrongly.

Edited by FD19372

I've never seen a Flyers team this bad, either. Have you?

I agree with Snider (in this instance). I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. I can't remember an NHL team that was this offensively inept. I've seen teams that were worse all around, but never a team that just absolutely could not score.

One of my favorite parts was where he actually said "you can't change all the players"

Four guys from the Finals team. Four guys.

One of the problems is that they continually change players - and then can't figure out why the chemistry isn't there.

They had the Briere/Timonen/Hartnell/Richards/Crater core to the team and then added Pronger. That paid dividends the first season - once the team tripped into the playoffs. But Chris Pronger was never going to play second fiddle to anybody, certainly not a 24-year-old.

Then, IMO, the team - always having dreamy fee fees for Pronger - then decided that the 12-year relationship with their captain, whom they had touted from the moment he was drafted simply wasn't good enough any more.

Hockey is a business, yes. But business is often based on trust and mutual understanding. If everyone in the room is sitting around waiting for the big trade axe to fall, that's not healthy for anyone and certainly not for the "chemistry" of the team.

"Chemistry" is all about the names on the back, regardless of the crest on the front. 

• Like 1