bench him - proof to back it up Chief

murraycraven

I can't take watching Giroux coast on the back check any longer. You want to be the captain then play like it. Just can't accept that he takes parts of shifts off... Bench him.

For all the bs talk about accountability it is time to prove it. Bench him for the 3rd...

And WTF is Raffle doing on this team?

Edited by murraycraven

I can't take watching Giroux coast on the back check any longer. You want to be the captain then play like it. Just can't accept that he takes parts of shifts off... Bench him.

For all the bs talk about accountability it is time to prove it. Bench him for the 3rd...

i hate to agree with you, but you are right.

it's time to start holding all of them accountable: giroux, voracek, hartnell are all continually guilty of truly horribly, lazy stupid plays - time and time again. 

oh, wait, that's our first line......

The fifth goal was Streit's fault; however, the horrible pass was to Giroux who got caught and then appeared to say "screw it, I'll just stand here and watch."

Totally not captain material on that play and for much of the season.  I've always been a Giroux fan and am arriving late to the "WTF Giroux?" party.   It doesn't help that he has two of the dumbest damn wingers playing with him, either.

Raffl:  Funny you mention him.  I am not at all impressed.  I think he's the bastard son of Nodl and Thoresen.  I would drop Raffl to the A for a couple games while dropping Voracek to the fourth line and bring McGinn up to fill in on the first.  Just for a couple games to send V a message to wake his fat ass up.

• Like 1

The fifth goal was Streit's fault; however, the horrible pass was to Giroux who got caught and then appeared to say "screw it, I'll just stand here and watch."

Totally not captain material on that play and for much of the season. I've always been a Giroux fan and am arriving late to the "WTF Giroux?" party. It doesn't help that he has two of the dumbest damn wingers playing with him, either.

Raffl: Funny you mention him. I am not at all impressed. I think he's the bastard son of Nodl and Thoresen. I would drop Raffl to the A for a couple games while dropping Voracek to the fourth line and bring McGinn up to fill in on the first. Just for a couple games to send V a message to wake his fat ass up.

WTFG! This is what I say every game rux... Agree with everything you say...

@murraycraven

Completely agree. I am already getting fed up with the guy.  His work ethic has been downright pathetic.

If you want to be treated as a leader, you have to act like one. All season long, Giroux made it very clear that he has no interest playing defense. He made it abundantly clear.

And it's one thing when you are Kovalchuk whose primary attribute is goal scoring. I can look the other way when the guy doesn't want to try to make an effort defensively when he scores goals in bunches. But when someone like Giroux who has been struggling producing defensively doesn't contribute anywhere else on the ice - except face-offs - that's disgusting. And when you consider that the guy doing that is a team's captain who is signed to ridiculous contract, sorry... you are just not going to win many fans on the team or amongst the fanbase.

Christ, 90-year old Jagr, who has nothing to prove at this point in his career, is showing more passion and respect for the game than our "best player in the world".

Edited by Mad Dog

How does a guy like Giroux go from being accused of "3rd best player in the world (Cindy/Ovechkin)", to a lazy underachiever?

Oh, that's right, make him captain of the Flyers!

I cannot wait until the day I see Hartnell wearing another team's jersey

What do you mean? Can you not "see" what some others around here see in him?  Sure, there might not be any tangible proof that he actually contributes to the team, but what are stats/concrete facts compared to their eyes?

I personally would not mind if they benched Giroux. I'm more than ok with holding players accountable, regardless of status on the team. But it just doesn't happen. Big names don't get benched for playing poorly very often. It just doesn't happen. It should, but in today's day and age, athletes are above reproach.

I'm more than ok with holding players accountable, regardless of status on the team.

I agree i do n't care who it is....just keep it fare....send the message he is the leader he must set the example and his play away from the puck is unacceptable...is he alone....hell no but it would send the biggest message that EVERYONE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to reality..........will it happen?????

NO!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

I agree i do n't care who it is....just keep it fare....send the message he is the leader he must set the example and his play away from the puck is unacceptable...is he alone....hell no but it would send the biggest message that EVERYONE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to reality..........will it happen?????

NO!!!!!

I can't say exactly how long it's been now, but it's become more common to NOT hold them accountable. They are paid more money than ever, but don't dare criticize them. It's not just that coaches don't do it, it's also that the athletes don't handle it well either. Remember Richards' Twitter battles with Pinaccio? A bunch of ******* today's athletes are.

I can't say exactly how long it's been now, but it's become more common to NOT hold them accountable. They are paid more money than ever, but don't dare criticize them. It's not just that coaches don't do it, it's also that the athletes don't handle it well either. Remember Richards' Twitter battles with Pinaccio? A bunch of ******* today's athletes are.

Yes you're on to something it's not just the players today it's the kids in these upcoming generations that are just so mentally soft that you have to be careful what you say to them....like you said they can't handle it....certainly different from my tough up bringing not sure of your age and all i'm 42 and todays youth are just soft fragile pu$$$ie$!

I just want the weak links pinpointed and brought up to speed on how to get better how ever the best approach is. These games here are just as important as the ones headed down the stretch towards the playoffs...

• Like 1

Yes you're on to something it's not just the players today it's the kids in these upcoming generations that are just so mentally soft that you have to be careful what you say to them....like you said they can't handle it....certainly different from my tough up bringing not sure of your age and all i'm 42 and todays youth are just soft fragile pu$$$ie$!

I just want the weak links pinpointed and brought up to speed on how to get better how ever the best approach is. These games here are just as important as the ones headed down the stretch towards the playoffs...

I think it depends who you're talking about. There's definitely a segment of kids out there who are entitled or at least think they should be. Then you've got the budding sociopaths who instead of helping someone when they see something wrong, break out their cell phones to record it.

I do think Raffle has skill but he is better suited, at this point, to be playing in the AHL. The guy makes Coburn look like a sniper...

The guy makes the deer I saw lying on the side of the road this morning look like a sniper.

Then you've got the budding sociopaths who instead of helping someone when they see something wrong, break out their cell phones to record it.

This is certainly the group that scares me most....being a father and all.

However i don't have to go far my lil cousin's little 16 boy is a good example for hope.

He is mentally strong never say die, smart, respectful always sir and mam and unrelenting motor (hopefully a future Gamecock at DE or OLBer) that is what G sorely lacks...

http://m.scnow.com/sports/high_school/article_6944c01a-53fd-11e3-bfe6-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

FLORENCE, S.C. — Gordon Washington says he’s fortunate he doesn’t have to worry about getting tackled by Taylor Lee.

Florence Christian’s opponents, however, haven’t been as lucky.

Lee is a menacing 6-foot-3, 185-pound junior defensive tackle who has played a big role in helping the Eagles to their best season in school history.

Florence Christian goes for its first SCISA 2A state championship today at noon against Hilton Head Christian at Benedict College in Columbia.

“I am glad (Lee) is on our side,” said Washington, the team’s leading rusher. “The energy and physique he has makes him so hard to block. He is just so much skinnier than everyone that he can slide right through everyone and it is hard to escape this man’s tackle.”

Lee plays mostly defensive tackle but might slide out to defensive end on occasion. He is second on the team with 117 tackles and leads the squad with 15 sacks. His ability to disrupt plays is so good that Florence Christian coach Neil Minton won’t let him go up against the Eagles’ first team offense in practice.

“We have a real good offensive line, but we don’t have a lineman that can block him one-on-one,” Minton said. “He has so much energy and drive. He loves life. That motor never, ever stops. I never saw a kid who gets knocked down, gets up and makes a tackle on the other side of the field on the same play. With him, it happens over and over.”

Lee’s energy isn’t limited to the field. He is quick-witted and honest with his opinions, calling Florence Christian’s defense “unstoppable” and voicing his disdain for the spread offense, which is a sharp contrast from the Eagles’ ground-oriented attack.

“It is all show,” Lee said. “We just get up there and we do the job how it is supposed to be done, how football was made to be played.”

Lee’s best game of the year came against Thomas Heyward when he had 19 tackles and four sacks. Minton remembers a play during that game in which Lee was cut blocked as he went in on a slant to the left while the Thomas Heyward quarterback rolled to the right.

But Lee got up, stayed in pursuit and ended up making the tackle.

“You can’t stand next to Taylor and watch his effort and not want to go that hard. He challenges you without even saying a word because you are embarrassed if you quit on a play while he is chasing the ball all over the place,” Minton said.

The Eagles hope to use that energy today against HHC, which is going for its third straight title. Lee said the enthusiasm around school and the community has been fantastic.

“We are just as ready to bring pride and honor to our school as our fans are. That’s why we work so hard and do things the right way, the Christian way,” he said.

Won the state Championship verse Hiltion Head who was going for their 3rd straight state title!!!!

Taylor and the defense smothered them....amazing nerve rattling game!

Does Streit still play for the Flyers?  Because he's lived up to pretty much none of the reasons why they brought him in.  He's been horrid most every game while becoming most adept at making absolutely boneheaded plays.  I knew what we had in Hartnell so no surprises when he screws up or blows a play, but we only can afford one or two players like that on the team.  Having Streit has been an absolute disaster this season.  What a colossal disappointment.  

I do think Raffle has skill but he is better suited, at this point, to be playing in the AHL. The guy makes Coburn look like a sniper...

Seriously though, if the guy is still trying to learn the north American game and that's the excuse, he would be better off learning in the AHL.

The guy makes the deer I saw lying on the side of the road this morning look like a sniper.

No doubt kid need to fix/change up the curve on his damn stick cause i swear from the little i've seen of him he fumbles it so much i think he's got Vaseline on it i sear.

Surely it can't be nerves but i keep waiting on something though.......

I do think Raffle has skill but he is better suited, at this point, to be playing in the AHL.   The guy makes Coburn look like a sniper...   

I disagree. Raffl does a lot of things right. To me he really looks like he belongs in the NHL. He tends to be in the right place at the right time, he makes some heads up defensive plays and does plenty of good things in the offensive zone. Pretty much the only thing he doesn't do is score, and considering the guy has all of 17 NHL games under his suspenders I think showing some patience isn't going to hurt anything.

Edited by JackStraw
  • Like 1

This is certainly the group that scares me most....being a father and all.

However i don't have to go far my lil cousin's little 16 boy is a good example for hope.

He is mentally strong never say die, smart, respectful always sir and mam and unrelenting motor (hopefully a future Gamecock at DE or OLBer) that is what G sorely lacks...

http://m.scnow.com/sports/high_school/article_6944c01a-53fd-11e3-bfe6-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

FLORENCE, S.C. — Gordon Washington says he’s fortunate he doesn’t have to worry about getting tackled by Taylor Lee.

Florence Christian’s opponents, however, haven’t been as lucky.

Lee is a menacing 6-foot-3, 185-pound junior defensive tackle who has played a big role in helping the Eagles to their best season in school history.

Florence Christian goes for its first SCISA 2A state championship today at noon against Hilton Head Christian at Benedict College in Columbia.

“I am glad (Lee) is on our side,” said Washington, the team’s leading rusher. “The energy and physique he has makes him so hard to block. He is just so much skinnier than everyone that he can slide right through everyone and it is hard to escape this man’s tackle.”

Lee plays mostly defensive tackle but might slide out to defensive end on occasion. He is second on the team with 117 tackles and leads the squad with 15 sacks. His ability to disrupt plays is so good that Florence Christian coach Neil Minton won’t let him go up against the Eagles’ first team offense in practice.

“We have a real good offensive line, but we don’t have a lineman that can block him one-on-one,” Minton said. “He has so much energy and drive. He loves life. That motor never, ever stops. I never saw a kid who gets knocked down, gets up and makes a tackle on the other side of the field on the same play. With him, it happens over and over.”

Lee’s energy isn’t limited to the field. He is quick-witted and honest with his opinions, calling Florence Christian’s defense “unstoppable” and voicing his disdain for the spread offense, which is a sharp contrast from the Eagles’ ground-oriented attack.

“It is all show,” Lee said. “We just get up there and we do the job how it is supposed to be done, how football was made to be played.”

Lee’s best game of the year came against Thomas Heyward when he had 19 tackles and four sacks. Minton remembers a play during that game in which Lee was cut blocked as he went in on a slant to the left while the Thomas Heyward quarterback rolled to the right.

But Lee got up, stayed in pursuit and ended up making the tackle.

“You can’t stand next to Taylor and watch his effort and not want to go that hard. He challenges you without even saying a word because you are embarrassed if you quit on a play while he is chasing the ball all over the place,” Minton said.

The Eagles hope to use that energy today against HHC, which is going for its third straight title. Lee said the enthusiasm around school and the community has been fantastic.

“We are just as ready to bring pride and honor to our school as our fans are. That’s why we work so hard and do things the right way, the Christian way,” he said.

Won the state Championship verse Hiltion Head who was going for their 3rd straight state title!!!!

Taylor and the defense smothered them....amazing nerve rattling game!

There's still some good kids out there no doubt, but a whole lot of degenerates too imo.

I disagree. Raffl does a lot of things right. To me he really looks like he belongs in the NHL. He tends to be in the right place at the right time, he makes some heads up defensive plays and does plenty of good things in the offensive zone. Pretty much the only thing he doesn't do is score, and considering the guy has all of 17 NHL games under his suspenders I think showing some patience isn't going to hurt anything.

I can't believe there's people like you to still fall for guys like him. It's the same sh!t every time one of these guys shows up. Nodl, Somik, Thoresen, Radiovojevic, and now this guy there's always somebody like you thinking this guy is going to be a contributor. I don't know if you are naive, drinking the kool aid, or if it's something else, but there's always somebody sticking up for some guy like Raffl. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to give guys chances, and role players are important two, but you don't have to be a genius to see this guy isn't going to be in the league long. We've seen this ending before. He's not going to put up any points, the Flyers are going to part ways with him, he might land with one more team before eventually going back to Europe. I don't need a crystal ball or Delorean to see that, the writing is on the wall.

I don't understand the Raffl thing--at all.

I used to have the same arguments with people about Thoresen.  I'll never understand that one either.  I don't know.  I think there are some people who sit and watch the way they skate or something.   "Ooh, look at his smooth crossover."  Woohoo.  If this is about skating and doing nothing else, get a Goofy costume, contact Disney and join the ice capades.   Right place right time?   I call bull ####.   If he was in the right place at the right time even half the time, he'd have more than a total of TWO assists in 17 games.  I mean, one assist every eight and a half games and we'd be crucifying just about anyone else.

I think it comes from the ridiculous mindset of "It's not whether you win or lose (or produce), it's how you play the game."   Screw that.   Like General Patton used to say, "then how come they keep score?!?"    This isn't AYSO where you get to play and win something just for showing up.   

Even at league minimum, you're making a ton of money compared with the average stiff.  Produce SOMETHING.  Do SOMETHING.  Justify why you're making half a million dollars.   A smooth crossover and two assistasis  in almost a quarter of a season does not justify $7.25/hr. in my mind, let alone a half a million dollars.

He doesn't hit.  He can't pass worth a ****, he couldn't score with a drugged and drunk Delta Sigma whore, and well, I don't know.   So he knows where the defensive zone is.  Big ****** deal.   Great, he can play the third pair on the penalty kill.  But you have to do SOMETHING else in addition to that.  Because if that's all you can do, I can replace you with the average cocker spaniel.  

He's utterly worthless from where I sit.

Seriously though, if the guy is still trying to learn the north American game and that's the excuse, he would be better off learning in the AHL.

that is my point Rux...  I do think he is skilled but he needs time in the A IMO.  I am just not seeing the reason(s) he is being left in the lineup.   Maybe he will shock us w/ a nice scoring streak