Evander Kane being Shopped?

@fanaticV3.0

There are teams that might take LeCavalier at the deadline...he's still a very good player. And I'm not advocating trading him...just that I'd trade him over Laughton.

ALL junior players play against a bunch of kids...he IS a kid. Ya, I called him Superman. 

I'm not even sure Laughton makes the Flyers next year. I realize we're stacked at center...not a bad position to be in. Laughton might still need a year or two in the A...only time will tell. I'm not saying Laughton is better than VLC right now...or anyone else for that matter. You mentioned you'd be willing to trade him and I really don't think he's a guy we should trade. He just looks like one of those guys that does anything to win..and they're few and far between. And since we're nowhere near being a legitimate contender I'd rather not "go for it". The reason our prospect cupboard needs restocking is because Holmgren has traded way too many young guys/draft picks for players who aren't even on the team anymore. That's gotta stop.

"Go for it"? Trading Laughton is not a risky move at all. It doesn't affect the current roster and contiunes to allow them to develop chemistry.

There's one problem with trading Vinny over someone like Laughton. You don't get much in return for one, while the other gets you a current need. The only reason you want Vinny traded over Laughton is becasue you don't measure anything more than age. Young is good to you and that's that (even if said young player isn't a proven NHL player).

Edited by fanaticV3.0

@fanaticV3.0

Do you see the current roster on this team contending for a cup? Cause I don't. Trading Patrick Sharp away didn't affect our current roster...how'd that work out for us? Laughton is certainly developing into that type of player. Whether he becomes that good or not is yet to be seen, but I'd rather have a shot to have the best years of a Sharp than the twilight years of a VLC. Do you see players like VLC being better next year or the year after or 4 years from now? Cause I don't. Laughton  at least has potential to become better and better over the next few years. Guys like VLC and Streit will just become the same old boat anchors that the Bryzgalovs and Brieres did before them. 

And other than the usual stupid contract that Homer loves to give out, VLC could help put a team over the top now more than a Laughton could. We just don't appear to be a VLC away from contending. Which is why I'd rather keep the Laughtons and Morins and see how they pan out for us. 

If age was all that mattered I'd prefer Tyrell Gouldbourne over Claude Giroux...which I don't. If we were sitting in first place right now and had a solid D I'd consider trading a Laughton for that missing piece. But sitting 18th in the league? Prospects like Laughton are exactly what this teams priorities should be.... Not guys who won a cup a decade ago.

• Like 1

There is no place for him on the team with Giroux, Vinny/Schenn, and Courturier on the team.

Yes not this year and to add Kane you have to subtract someone from the lineup...and noway do i think he is worth his 5.2 mill price tag....hell the kid has scored just once above 20 goals in his career....so unless you move Hartnell going the other way no need to keep dreaming besides there are several i would try to land before theis kid just neer been a big fan of his....i pass.

@fanaticV3.0

Do you see the current roster on this team contending for a cup? Cause I don't. Trading Patrick Sharp away didn't affect our current roster...how'd that work out for us? Laughton is certainly developing into that type of player. Whether he becomes that good or not is yet to be seen, but I'd rather have a shot to have the best years of a Sharp than the twilight years of a VLC. Do you see players like VLC being better next year or the year after or 4 years from now? Cause I don't. Laughton  at least has potential to become better and better over the next few years. Guys like VLC and Streit will just become the same old boat anchors that the Bryzgalovs and Brieres did before them. 

And other than the usual stupid contract that Homer loves to give out, VLC could help put a team over the top now more than a Laughton could. We just don't appear to be a VLC away from contending. Which is why I'd rather keep the Laughtons and Morins and see how they pan out for us. 

If age was all that mattered I'd prefer Tyrell Gouldbourne over Claude Giroux...which I don't. If we were sitting in first place right now and had a solid D I'd consider trading a Laughton for that missing piece. But sitting 18th in the league? Prospects like Laughton are exactly what this teams priorities should be.... Not guys who won a cup a decade ago.

Great post, summed up my feelings perfectly. Smart orgs don't trade away pieces like Laughton to squeak into the playoffs. If they were true contenders, sure, I'd think about it if it meant more depth for a team with a legit shot...but this is not that type of team. As per usual, be patient, let the chips fall were they may and see what you *really* have before you even think about dealing the kid. At least that way, you get true market value for him. I'd say Scott's value in 3 years will be considerably higher than what it is now...just my guess. I'd do some serious juggling/moving of assets *if* he is close to being as talented as I believe he is. I see a lot of Dave Poulin in this kid, little bit of Brindy also, although he does skate as well as Brindy did...same type of player though.

@fanaticV3.0

You're comparing a kid with (virtually) no NHL experience to Sharp, who is a proven, productive player at the professional level. That isn't even a little bit rational.

Yes not this year and to add Kane you have to subtract someone from the lineup...and noway do i think he is worth his 5.2 mill price tag....hell the kid has scored just once above 20 goals in his career....so unless you move Hartnell going the other way no need to keep dreaming besides there are several i would try to land before theis kid just neer been a big fan of his....i pass.

Nobody wants Hartnell dude.

The kid plays for a **** team.

Edited by fanaticV3.0

Nobody wants Hartnell dude.

The kid plays for a **** team.

Well that s.h.I.t.team beat the Flyers so I guess that makes them a shittier team right...I don't want Kane period if noone wants Hartnell then they are stuck with him I guess. But Kane I just don't like.

Well that's some pretty dumb logic.

Only thing I had to say to your dumb excuse that he plays on bad team. What part of I don't like him do you not understand? No need to call some one opinion dumb just because they don't agree with your. Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

You're comparing a kid with (virtually) no NHL experience to Sharp, who is a proven, productive player at the professional level. That isn't even a little bit rational.

I'm comparing the thought of trading a good 2 way center prospect who hasn't fully developed to the trading of another good 2 way center prospect who we traded away for nothing before he developed who turned out to be a pretty damn good player.

Yes, that's totally insane. 

I'm comparing the thought of trading a good 2 way center prospect who hasn't fully developed to the trading of another good 2 way center prospect who we traded away for nothing before he developed who turned out to be a pretty damn good player.

Yes, that's totally insane. 

Sharp was an NCAA prospect. Laughton's in the CHL.

:ph34r:

I get annoyed when people talk about traded players and "what could have been," but trading Patrick sharp will always bug the hell out of me.  Especially since we traded him for a travelling vacuum cleaner salesman who never did anything but suck.

• Like 1

Only thing I had to say to your dumb excuse that he plays on bad team. What part of I don't like him do you not understand? No need to call some one opinion dumb just because they don't agree with your.

I don't give a f-ck whether you like him or not. It has nothing to do with the conversation. We're not trading hockey cards here. Whether you "like" somebody had nothing to do with anything. His production and environment do. He plays on a sh!tty team. That's a fact. There's nothing to "disagree" with there.

@ruxpin

I'd just like to see what a player can do before dumping him. The Flyers have proven two things...they are capable at drafting, and they have little patience when it comes to some prospects. It makes little sense.

You're one crazy mo-fo

I don't give a f-ck whether you like him or not

Obviously you do.

I'm flattered but you're trying to sell me something i don't want.

Hartnell is a better player than him he is just younger.

Wait till he's done something at least significant and we'll reopen this discussion. For now i'll pass. :ph34r:  

Evander has all the tools to be a star. He strikes me as the type that would benefit from the ol change of scenery. Don't want the Flyers to be the ones taking the chance on him, but he does have every tool to be a first line star. The lack of a true star center in the Peg has not helped him. As respectable as Brian Little has turned out, he's certainly no star....ditto for Jokinen and all their other centers.

Don't want the Flyers to be the ones taking the chance on him, but he does have every tool to be a first line star.

Me either we have enough with what they have on their plate...i'll be just glad when Mezz is gone if for nothing but a pick or a prospect someone has to need a defenseman....and he's ok.

And a free agent a nice cheap rental.

And just more to free up a contract.

Obviously you do.

I'm flattered but you're trying to sell me something i don't want.

Hartnell is a better player than him he is just younger.

Wait till he's done something at least significant and we'll reopen this discussion. For now i'll pass. :ph34r:  

I'm past the point of trying to sell you on him. I was just pointing out your crappy logic. If you are going to point out his stats as the only reason you don't want him, recognize who he plays for. He's a talent who is wasting away on that squad.

I'm past the point of trying to sell you on him.

That is so sad just when i was coming around you give up on me to soon. :ph34r:

Oh well.

Besides He is a young kid they want to keep. In order to get him it would cost picks prospects and maybe gut some of the team i'll pass.

Next time just tell someone you don't like their idea no need for the childish name calling stuff it's a major reason not to many people here like to converse with you man.

So clean it up it's not needed.

I may not like you're idea but i try not to start by hurl mud at you we're grown here.