Gus

Podein25

I've always liked Erik Gustafsson and still do.

I was looking around to see if his knee was good to go, if he was gonna be back in the lineup and came across this blog article: http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2014/01/15/philadelphia-flyers-need-erik-gustafsson/

I'm not big on blogs really, but if these stats are accurate they make a convincing case:

• Flyers record With Gus – 11-7-2 Without Gus - 13-12-2
  • Flyers Goals Per Game With Gus – 3.15 Without Gus – 2.26

There's some other advanced stats like Corsi that are also indicative. The authors conclude: "the Flyers shoot more, score more, and win more when Gustafsson is on the ice."

I'm convinced. Oh yeah, letting Matt Carle walk was a mistake. :)

@Podein25  I've always been a big Gus supporter. The Flyers are currently stifling his growth. The defense never looked so good as the string of games at the end of last year when he was playing top 4 minutes. I'm not advocating top 4 minutes now, but let the kid play. He's one of the only Flyers d men who can actually skate the puck out of trouble, let's allow this and other skills to develop, not waste away in a press box. If a higher paid guy sits to make this happen, so be it. We have to get an accurate read on what we have.

• Like 1

I have always loved Gus' skating ability but he has not looked very good this year when in the lineup.  With that being said I think you have to let the kid play to see what he can do... he played so well at the end of last year that I was getting excited and I admittedly have never been really all that high on Gus.  I am not sure if they think he is a 6/7 dman or just trying to showcase "Mess"zaros in hopes of a trade.  

It is an odd situation b/c I would have thought he was going to be an everyday players this year.  Just has not worked out that way...

So you'd you like a bridge too then? Awesomely awesome.

Yes! I'm builidng a road to nowhere and all it's missing is a bridge. I'd have my very own bridge to jump off of evertime Luke Schenn touches the puck!

I've always liked Erik Gustafsson and still do.

I was looking around to see if his knee was good to go, if he was gonna be back in the lineup and came across this blog article: http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2014/01/15/philadelphia-flyers-need-erik-gustafsson/

I'm not big on blogs really, but if these stats are accurate they make a convincing case:

• Flyers record With Gus – 11-7-2 Without Gus - 13-12-2
  • Flyers Goals Per Game With Gus – 3.15 Without Gus – 2.26

There's some other advanced stats like Corsi that are also indicative. The authors conclude: "the Flyers shoot more, score more, and win more when Gustafsson is on the ice."

I'm convinced. Oh yeah, letting Matt Carle walk was a mistake. :)

b-b-b-b-but, they made an offer on Suter!! Just think what the team would look like with Suter and Parise instead of Carle and Jagr.

Totes magotes worth the risk!

We have to get an accurate read on what we have.

No "we" have to get to the playoffs and then "anything can happen"!!1!!11!!!1

Totes magotes worth the risk!

Yes! I'm builidng a road to nowhere and all it's missing is a bridge. I'd have my very own bridge to jump off of evertime Luke Schenn touches the puck!

If that's what you're looking for then maybe you'd be innerested in one of our extremely reasonably priced options- a 70ft by 70ft trampoline to make those landings a little less life-threatening. And when you're not leaping off bridges it doubles as a handy dust cover for that 70 ft plasma TV!

Edited by JackStraw

Mezaros sure has been showcasing himself lately.

A good deadline move at this point but for what?

And yes... Gus should be playing if healthy. He won't improve on the bench and he's provd he belongs. Rough start? So did they all. Play him.

@jammer2

Perfectly stated. Meszaros is not going to be in Flyers plans for the future. Gus may or may not be so its time to let him play on a regular basis and give him an actual look instead of this meandering approach they have taken so far.