Biggest busts this Olympics? (so far.......)

pilldoc

So just curious.......who do you think are the biggest busts this Olympics?

Crosby, Nash, Ovie, Kovy, Malkin, Kunitz, Kane, Tavaras, Toews have a grand total of 5 goals scored collectively.  Or you can nominate someone not on this list.

I'm sure Giroux might have been a better choice than say Nash or Kunitz.

thoughts?  Opinions....

Edited by pilldoc

So just curious.......who do you think are the biggest busts this Olympics?

Crosby, Nash, Ovie, Kovy, Malkin, Kunitz, Kane, Tavaras, Toews have a grand total of 5 goals scored collectively. Or you can nominate someone not on this list.

I'm sure Giroux might have been a better choice than say Nash or Kunitz.

thoughts? Opinions....

I'll go with Who is Milena Velba for $500 please Alex.

Crosby, sort of.  He was mostly irrelevant in the last Olympics too.  Then, he shot to legendary status because of ridiculous shootout rules allowing multiple chances.  I expect the same kid glove treatment again, and a parade of excuses if he doesn't eventually pull through.

semi-sarcastic snark:

I guess this is what Crosby really is when refs aren't giving him an endless stream of PPs and taking requests for specific penalty calls? :ph34r:

I've been knocking Crosbys average play but he stepped up today. He made a lot of good plays (Kunitz was handed a wide open net that he rang off the crossbar) and absolutely owned the faceoff circle.

That goalie stood on his head all game long. He had to be treated for exhaustion in the 3rd period. I know Canada's forwards have to finish to beat the US, but seeing a goalie like that have a game like that against a great team is still pretty cool to watch.

So I nominate Canadas forwards in general, and the entire Russian team.

Crosby, sort of.  He was mostly irrelevant in the last Olympics too.  Then, he shot to legendary status because of ridiculous shootout rules allowing multiple chances.  I expect the same kid glove treatment again, and a parade of excuses if he doesn't eventually pull through.

semi-sarcastic snark:

I guess this is what Crosby really is when refs aren't giving him an endless stream of PPs and taking requests for specific penalty calls? :ph34r:

Russian Hockey team.   Don't know that the US Speed Skating team was that great, but the over hype of the suits blew up.

Semi-sacastic retort.

The Pens rank 21st out of 30 teams in power plays for,  where is this stream of endless PPs and requests that you are talking about?

Russian Hockey team.   Don't know that the US Speed Skating team was that great, but the over hype of the suits blew up.

Semi-sacastic retort.

The Pens rank 21st out of 30 teams in power plays for,  where is this stream of endless PPs and requests that you are talking about?

;) Did you see was 3rd?

Russian Hockey team. Don't know that the US Speed Skating team was that great, but the over hype of the suits blew up.

Semi-sacastic retort.

The Pens rank 21st out of 30 teams in power plays for, where is this stream of endless PPs and requests that you are talking about?

Now look

What you done gone and did? Injecting facts and reason into an argument with one if them there Flyers fans. How dare you!!