OT- Dippin Dots at the WFC

Poulin20

I thought you guys would find this a bit funny so I thought I would share with you....

Many times during intermission and before the game Adamflyers and I like to stand on the concourse and talk (usually complain) about the Flyers and people watch.  At the last game vs the Devils were were doing both while standing near a portable "Dippin Dots" stand that was unmanned with all of its lights turned off.   Prior to the game we were saw a couple go up to the stand and decide to stand behind it and use it as a table to eat their pre-game meal of pizza and soda.  My brother and I were saying how it would be funny if we went for a few beers got a little ripped and then went up to them and tried to order Dippin Dots from them. 

Before we had a chance to do such a thing a pair of girls with dyed hair who looked like they were late for their MENSA meeting came up and did just that.  The couple tried to explain that they were just eating there and using the stand as a table...the girls didnt believe them at 1st and thought they were just kidding.  It took some explaining that they were not kidding and that they were just fans who were eating there.  My brother and I were on the floor laughing as we thought who would think these people were working there when they were not wearing a food service uniform and were eating food while behind the stand?  It got better though because during the 2nd intermission a father an son where behind the stand both drinking beers back there and were approached by 6 different groups of people ordering Dippin Dots some even with their money out and everything.  The father and the son really had to do alot of explaining to convince each of these people that they were not workers there!  They knew we were watching and listening in would come and laugh with us every time it happened. In fact by the 2nd half of the intermision is was more like a game to see how many people would come up. 

I am sure the humor of the whole thing loses its luster when being retold by me on a message board but man when we were there it was so funny.  It was like watching the old candid camera episodes except that the setup for the joke was neither elaborate nor purposeful.  I will tell you one thing, it was certainly more entertaining than the game itself! :D

• Like 2

@Poulin20

LOL..that is freakin awesome!!!!  LOL.....  Great story!  Nah you don't lose any humor in retelling it here.  It just goes to show how dumb some people in our society really are.  Are people really that stupid? LOL Wish you had a video of it.  Now that would be awesome to share here.  What would have been funnier (and I'm not condoning dishonesty here because I'm not and I myself would never do that) but if the Dippin Dot cart was unlocked and they acted like employees taking their money.  Now that would have been hilarious!

Great story!  I'm still laughing about it as I'm re-reading your post.  LOL.

Edited by pilldoc

@Poulin20

LOL..that is freakin awesome!!!!  LOL.....  Great story!  Nah you don't lose any humor in retelling it here.  It just goes to show how dumb some people in our society really are.  Are people really that stupid? LOL Wish you had a video of it.  Now that would be awesome to share here.  What would have been funnier (and I'm not condoning dishonesty here because I'm not and I myself would never do that) but if the Dippin Dot cart was unlocked and they acted like employees taking their money.  Now that would have been hilarious!

Great story!  I'm still laughing about it as I'm re-reading your post.  LOL.

Glad you and @fan4ever got a kick out of it. It was really funny! We had hoped to go back and "man" the stand today ourselves but it was actually fully functional today and staffed appropriately. No matter as this game was so much fun we didn't need the free entertainment this time.