Rinaldo...2 games coming? (Got 4 games)

flyerrod

@Polaris922

Neither was Couturier.

I still say Neal pulled up on that one. I think he's played a dirty game in that series and since but not that time. He really could've launched himself into Couturier and destroyed him but didn't.

Don't mean to hijack this thread though so tell me I'm wrong and I'm done. Lol

Sorry boys... I am w/ Jack and this hit should, at the very least, get 5 games. An absolute idiotic play by an idiot player...
Like Rinaldo but he has his stupid moments. Was it the Florida game where he was ejected ath the beginning of the game this year?  He can try all he wants but moronic plays will always win w/ Rinaldo

Edited by murraycraven

You're kidding, right? The guy was shooting the puck. Textbook definition of a defenseless position.

Wait - your not supposed to be looking at the net when you are shooting?

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b the Pens..." even before the Pens fans get here? ;)

B... I'm tellin ya... @flyercanuck is a closet Pens fan. He should've posted as much on the "second favorite team" thread! He thinks about them more than we do! ;)

Edited by Polaris922

I still say Neal pulled up on that one. I think he's played a dirty game in that series and since but not that time. He really could've launched himself into Couturier and destroyed him but didn't.

Don't mean to hijack this thread though so tell me I'm wrong and I'm done. Lol

LOL. At the first three sentences. And the fourth.

I can't wait to see how unfair the league is with him after this one. :ph34r:

Second offence as far as suspension go. Wait a minute, using the "James Neal history clause", it's his first offence.

I think he should get 3 or 4 games.

Second offence as far as suspension go. Wait a minute, using the "James Neal history clause", it's his first offence.

I think he should get 3 or 4 games.

One can't just use the James Neal defense.  You still have to sell it.  Wait - let me guess - if he wears a Pens jersey to his hearing the Neal defense will work? :ph34r:  ;)

@B21

What if he elbows Shanahan in the head?

Say it with me now...."Zac Rinaldo is a dirty player."  Now 2 suspensions in 165 NHL games (equivalent of 2 seasons) to go along with 4 AHL suspensions.  In addition to his penchant for headhunting, he has a habit of punching guys while they are down (see Roussel, Antoine and Michalek, Zbynek).

B... I'm tellin ya... @flyercanuck is a closet Pens fan. He should've posted as much on the "second favorite team" thread! He thinks about them more than we do! ;)

LOL.  Maybe we should just start using the "Zac Rinaldo Defense" next time a Penguin goes awry? :ph34r:  ;)

James Neal didn't mean to knee Marchand.  He was just "wearing his emotions on his sleeve."  He didn't mean to deliver that head shot to Giroux, he just needs to "play more in control".

You're right. Marchand tried to take out Neal's knees with his head. DOWN WITH MARCHAND! :)

Seriously - when are players going to be more responsible and stop putting their knees in such vulnerable positions?  In Marchand's defense, it looks like he was targeting the hamstring and Neal turned his knee at the last minute.

Seriously - when are players going to be more responsible and stop putting their knees in such vulnerable positions?  In Marchand's defense, it looks like he was targeting the hamstring and Neal turned his knee at the last minute.

We can only be thankful that Marchand wasn't wearing one of these, else could you imagine the carnage?

1887.jpg

I meant generically.

For the play I'm question, I think he missed the shoulder, but I know I'm likely in a minority of one.

If you tee up a guy and he moves, who has what blame? These plays are so fast in real time.

The guy doing the teeing up.

You're in the minority on this because you are wrong.

@B21

I'm on record as saying Rinaldo wouldn't make the NHL because of his dirty hits. He played here in Barrie prior to the NHL and was even more of a loose cannon then. You won't find me defending him when he does something stupid.

@B21

I'm on record as saying Rinaldo wouldn't make the NHL because of his dirty hits. He played here in Barrie prior to the NHL and was even more of a loose cannon then. You won't find me defending him when he does something stupid dirty.

Fixed it for ya - because I know that's what you meant, right? ;)

A blind cross-ice pass is "stupid".  Flipping a puck over the glass in your own zone is "stupid". Zac Rinaldo is "dirty".

He does go off the rails once and a while, but he does a better job of staying in control than Downie does. Zack usually takes someone off with him, which is all I really ask. What a terrific weapon this guy is. Here is my first official playoff prediction, Rinaldo will take out a NY defensemen out of the lineup during the 1st round. They will push the puck in the corner, allow the d-man to play it and WHAM....it's Rinaldo time!!!

We'll have to agree to disagree on Rinaldo jammer. I think you need better hockey players on the 4th line than Zac. Hitting is literally the only thing he does. It's the only reason he's in the league. And as long as he has to play that way to be effective he's always going to be that split second in timing away from another suspension. I'd rather have someone who can actually play some hockey- a Blair Betts, or a Lappy, or a Max Talbot. Look at the Bruins, who is their Rinaldo? For that matter, who is their Rosehill? Marchand and Thorton? They're 10x the hockey players that Rinaldo and Rosehill are.

Don't you have to at least have a third brain cell before you can be classified as "dirty?"

Good point.  We can officially add "dumb/stupid" to the increasingly popular Zac Rinaldo/James Neal defense.

We ain't lawyers  - but we play ones in the hockey forum. ;)

@B21

I'm on record as saying Rinaldo wouldn't make the NHL because of his dirty hits. He played here in Barrie prior to the NHL and was even more of a loose cannon then. You won't find me defending him when he does something stupid dirty stupid and dirty.

Fixed for you.

When you're up 4-0 and you're vying for a playoff spot with a handful of games left (and I don't care who it's against) it's stupid to do something dirty at that point.

Fixed for you.

When you're up 4-0 and you're vying for a playoff spot with a handful of games left (and I don't care who it's against) it's stupid to do something dirty at that point.

Not really.  Just dirty.  Unless...say....Neal's knee on Marchand was both stupid and dirty?  After all, it cost the Pens a PP against the Bruins who they were battling for home ice throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs, no?  Not to mention that it took Neal - their best winger - out of an already injury depleted line-up for 5 games.

Whereas losing Zac Rinaldo for however many games...kinda does the Flyers a favor, no?  ;)

I concede than. Neal and Rinaldo are both dirty. Neal is "stupider".