Pens, Bruins or Rangers, pick your poison!

I know that's more on the teams lack of scoring, but it still shows he's very beatable.

Last two seasons in the playoffs: .931 / .934 sv pctg with 5 shutouts. (2 last year and 3 the year before).  Rangers are 4th in the league in goals allowed this year.  Their offense if still nothing to write home about, but I prefer to take a pass on King Henry for the 1st round. 

At the end of the day, no matter what, you are going to have to beat the best. However, the playoffs are a war of attrition and I would prefer to not face the beasts (ie Boston) in the first round. Also, NYR are charging into the playoffs (as is Columbus and Montreal) - in the east. Boston is biding time. The Flyers and Pitts are up / down, more the Flyers. 

Flyers 2013-14 record against:

Bruins, 0-2-1, 6 GF, 15 GA

Penguins, 3-1-0, 11 GF, 8 GA

Rangers, 2-2-0, 8GF, 10GA

I can't wait for the playoffs no matter who they play. We are truly spoiled as Flyers fans when it comes to playoff appearances - 2nd most in the last 20 years behind Detroit. I think we've qualified 17 times to Detroit's 20. 

I know we've had the debate for years on whether our model works or not - and clearly it hasn't brought us a Cup - but it would suck to be a fan of a team that only makes the playoffs 50% of the time. 

Look at the Lightning. Since their Cup in 2004, there have been 9 seasons since then.

They've missed the playoffs 5 times.

Lost in the 1st round twice.

Lost in the ECF once.

And they will qualify this year.

For the Flyers in the same period:

Missed the playoffs twice.

Lost in the 1st round twice.

Lost in the 2nd round twice.

Lost in the ECF once.

Lost in the SCF once.

Qualified this year.

Which one do you guys prefer?

Edited by radoran
MOVED from the "backing into playoffs thread"

screw I may be partial, you want to win you have beat the best. Who ever the flyers play they can beat them if they play to their full potential whether its the B's Rag's or Pens.

bring any of those team on

Don't care who just want to win! They all would be hard games knowing this team!

I can't wait for the playoffs no matter who they play.

Yes especially with the rumor that Ghost may join them first round that would add excitement....should improve the powerplay...tonights game is suppose to be his last for Union....we'll see.

Yes especially with the rumor that Ghost may join them first round that would add excitement....should improve the powerplay...tonights game is suppose to be his last for Union....we'll see.

I hope so. But I also hope the kid doesn't feel any pressure to come in and provide an immediate upgrade. The NHL is a big leap.

I hope so. But I also hope the kid doesn't feel any pressure to come in and provide an immediate upgrade. The NHL is a big leap.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't take an unproven rookie defenceman and have his first NHL experience be the NHL playoffs

• Like 1