Ville Leino to be bought out

Buffalo Sabre GM Tim Murray has said it is a strong possibility that Ville Leino will be bought out of the final three years of his contract.

After having a career year with the Flyers three years ago with 19 goals and 34 assists he signed with the Sabre organization for six years at 27 million dollars.

In three years with the Sabres Leino has 10 goals and 36 assists. His days in the NHL are probably done. I cannot think of a worse signing in recent years.

Buffalo Sabre GM Tim Murray has said it is a strong possibility that Ville Leino will be bought out of the final three years of his contract.

After having a career year with the Flyers three years ago with 19 goals and 34 assists he signed with the Sabre organization for six years at 27 million dollars.

In three years with the Sabres Leino has 10 goals and 36 assists. His days in the NHL are probably done. I cannot think of a worse signing in recent years.

David Clarkson?

Time will tell, but it looks to be the worst deal in a long time :)

7 years/$36,750,000, scored 5 goals and 6 assists in 60 games for the leafs this season. 5.25 million cap hit :D:lol:

Edit: oh yeah, and his contract is pretty much not buyoutable.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/mirtle-david-clarkson-and-his-buyout-proof-contract/article17783243/

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

Still going to go with Leino as the worst. I think Clarkson will be okay over time (the amount will still be ridiculous but he'll be better than this year).

Clarkson is at least capable of bringing other things. Leino brings absolutely nothing and I think 90% of us said that when he was signed.

Just a mind numbing contact that can get people fired.

Still going to go with Leino as the worst. I think Clarkson will be okay over time (the amount will still be ridiculous but he'll be better than this year).

Clarkson is at least capable of bringing other things. Leino brings absolutely nothing and I think 90% of us said that when he was signed.

Just a mind numbing contact that can get people fired.

But he has not brought those others things either

Ridiculous contract when it was offered.

And then the Sabres took their newly-signed second line complimentary winger and tried to make him Vanek's first-line center. Ridiculous.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Leino on another NHL squad at a much cheaper rate, but he's probably KHL-bound.

But he has not brought those others things either

Yeah, this year he hasn't exactly brought a damn thing, huh?  I guess (who knows?) what I'm saying is he has shown it before.  Leino had a nice half of a season and a playoff run and hasn't done a thing since or before.  I don't think Leino is actually an NHLer let alone the role Buffalo seemed to expect him to play (and pay him for!).   I mean, the Red Wings traded him to Philly for nearly nothing; that should have said something to anyone wanting to put money on Leino.

NO! If they do this then the Clarkson contract will be in a league of it's own! Bad idea!

I'm going to laugh tears of sadness when Toronto buys Clarkson out all non-compliancey and have a decade long cap penalty because Nonis is the smartest man I know.

Edited by Commander Clueless

Posted · Hidden by hf101, April 24, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by hf101, April 24, 2014 - off topic

@Hockey Junkie

He scored "0" goals in an entire season. And he's not a goalie.

I tried to PM you but cant.  Can you please contact someone and Put Steve Ott in for Berglund who is injured?  I was informed if a player is out injured we can replace him from same team.

I tried to PM you but cant.  Can you please contact someone and Put Steve Ott in for Berglund who is injured?  I was informed if a player is out injured we can replace him from same team.

@Hockey Junkie

Try getting ahold of Hitch or Doug Armstrong. I'm just a guy on a hockey board.

@Hockey Junkie

I PMed HF.

I think he is going to stick it to me and not let me replace him because he is not on long term IR list.  That is BS.  It was said if a guy is injured we can replace him from same team.  I wanted Ott.  Do you really think I am going to get points with Ott like Kane?  Thanks for trying.   I know that some people knew last night he was out and laughed me for drafting him.  I wanted Backes.  I figure that all here think Miller will cave and chicago will win.  So what is the big deal?  I am shocked Jammer grabbed Backes on me.  Oshie is out too.  I am screwed blued and tattooed as usual

@Hockey Junkie

You'll live. :)

If I was a Flyers fan I would get my replacement.  Remember the last time when I alerted them to an injury and there was no hesitation letting the guy replace the player?  I cannot remember  May have been Markov.  But since I am a Sabres fan, forget it.  I hope Nash scores 6 tonight

In his defense he was injured often and he was in the middle of a mess with all the trades and the firing of Ruff. He is not as bad as you guys say. Any time someone leaves the Flyers he is terrible. If he comes to the Flyers he is just plain great. Come on. Lets get real here. Can't you see the bias here?

That entire post doesn't even remotely resemble reality. Not one word of it.

First, Leino scored ZERO goals this year.  Zero. That's REALLY hard to do.  You should be able to get one by accident.  Other players making a lot less went through the Ruff thing and had injuries and they managed a goal.  The guy really is not an NHLer.  If you remember, I said that when Buffalo was signing him.  I wasn't unhappy about his leaving, I didn't think he was very good then.  I'll repeat:  he had a nice month or two and had done nothing before it and has done nothing since.

As for the Flyers fan thing.  No.  Completely not supported by reality on this board or silly.com   Flyers fans are neurotic but almost always it's in the reverse.

We trade Scottie Upshall and people whine because of his divinity.

Patrick Sharp

Mez sucked until he was gone.

Matt Carle sucked according to almost everyone until he wasn't resigned (this one is particularly comical because I was one of like three people defending the guy his entire time here but it's very difficult to find ANYONE who disliked him now).

Jon Sim

The list goes on and on and on.

We trade for people?   They're not worth the contract; too many years; too much money; NMC; we gave up a 6th round pick and this draft is REALLY deep; he likes cheese cake; he only plays 72 feet and only on Wednesdays; etc. etc.

Sorry, the Leino signing was a tragic mistake.  Don't worry, Buffalo isn't alone in making tragic mistakes.  I'm a Flyer fan, so I'm well experienced in seeing tragic mistakes (Rathje, Nedved, Oates, Lecavalier, Bryzgalov, Hackett, etc. etc. etc.).  But none of that changes the fact that Ville Leino basically stole a LOT of ticket money.  He's simply horrible.

I cannot send a PM. I need to replace Berglund

I'm going to PM Hf as well. Something seems to be wrong with your messenger because I tried to PM you a few weeks ago to see how you were feeling but it kept giving me error messages.

I'm going to PM Hf as well. Something seems to be wrong with your messenger because I tried to PM you a few weeks ago to see how you were feeling but it kept giving me error messages.

I cannot send or recieve Rux.  But HF can send.  And tell me I have no player in place of Berglund.  I drafted an injured player without knowing it.  I cant believe Jammer picked Backes.  I know he thinks Chicago will win.  Probably just to stick it to me.  I wish I had taken Gireux or Carter first just to be a prick

I cannot send or recieve Rux.  But HF can send.  And tell me I have no player in place of Berglund.  I drafted an injured player without knowing it.  I cant believe Jammer picked Backes.  I know he thinks Chicago will win.  Probably just to stick it to me.  I wish I had taken Gireux or Carter first just to be a prick

I know from losing to him for years in fantasy:  He makes picks intelligently and with a lot of thought and has a LOT of success with it.  We really need to get him a hobby.  Or get him laid.  Or something.   :)

You're probably better off not taking Giroux.  I forget how it works as I'm not participating this year, but since Giroux will likely be a one-series-and-done guy, you're probably better off.

I cant believe Jammer picked Backes.  I know he thinks Chicago will win.  Probably just to stick it to me.  I wish I had taken Gireux or Carter first just to be a prick

Is this Mel Gibson in the Conspiracy Theory?? Really?? You can't really think that anyone that is a playing a FHL game is going to intentionally draft a player just to "stick it to you". You are so delusional.