Giroux Arrested - All inclusive Humor Thread

brelic

@Jam1986

Relax...Giroux has a girlfriend.

If Giroux hung around with me when I was in my 20s this would have been considered just another Saturday night and we'd still be laughing about it. Imagine if there were smartphones with cameras back in the Broad Street Bully days of drunken debauchery? 

@Jam1986

If Giroux hung around with me when I was in my 20s this would have been considered just another Saturday night and we'd still be laughing about it. Imagine if there were smartphones with cameras back in the Broad Street Bully days of drunken debauchery? 

Ever hear of the term "beard"?  ;)  lol 

Now I'm afraid the cop was gay and G was picking in him.

Don't give 20 something's 8 million a year and let them anywhere near alcohol.

Bah, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm not sure the organization likes it very much.

If anything, it highlights the dichotomy between handing a young, not fully mature person in his early-mid 20s the role of team leader, and the typical behaviour of young, not fully mature persons in their 20s with boatloads of money, especially when they are regarded as celebrities in hockey circles.

It's not always going to be a smooth road!

• Like 1

Well by afraid I don't really mean that afraid

No charges = not worried about it.

I just mean as much as I'd prefer him not to be a moronic drunk, I also kind of prefer him not to be a moronic homophobic ass hole drunk.

But I guess many of those tend to happen to many of us when we drink and are young and stupid.

Bah, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm not sure the organization likes it very much.

If anything, it highlights the dichotomy between handing a young, not fully mature person in his early-mid 20s the role of team leader, and the typical behaviour of young, not fully mature persons in their 20s with boatloads of money, especially when they are regarded as celebrities in hockey circles.

It's not always going to be a smooth road!

haha.. good one Rux...

The only thing that gives me pause about this episode is that this kind of alcohol use always gets you in the end.

should i leave now?

If you choose to, you may want to carefully back out with your rear against the wall.

• Like 1

csnphilly is making a huge deal out of it http://www.csnphilly.com/video_content_type/what-does-giroux-arrest-mean-his-future

I get it does not look good for the organization but hell when Kan assaulted a Cab Driver heck in was not on the new as much as this tom foolery 

I said this in another thread... but, to me... it's concerning. You can dismiss it as harmless tom foolery and maybe it will be just that. Time will tell. However, G is the face of your franchise and mixing it up with the law while drunk is just a bad bad sign man. This certainly points to a problem with alcohol which tends to get a lot worse before it gets better. IF it gets better. Now, I'm not saying he's an alcoholic who needs to be saved before he kills himself, but ... it does point to a problem that needs to be addressed now. 

csnphilly is making a huge deal out of it http://www.csnphilly.com/video_content_type/what-does-giroux-arrest-mean-his-future

I get it does not look good for the organization but hell when Kan assaulted a Cab Driver heck in was not on the new as much as this tom foolery 

Kane was not the captain, and was... what... 20 years old?

That's why Giroux's situation is a bit more in the news, I would say.

• Like 1

I said this in another thread... but, to me... it's concerning. You can dismiss it as harmless tom foolery and maybe it will be just that. Time will tell. However, G is the face of your franchise and mixing it up with the law while drunk is just a bad bad sign man. This certainly points to a problem with alcohol which tends to get a lot worse before it gets better. IF it gets better. Now, I'm not saying he's an alcoholic who needs to be saved before he kills himself, but ... it does point to a problem that needs to be addressed now.

"Mixing it up with the law" I think people are blowing this way out of proportion. If he slugged an officer, then I'd be worried. And another poster said what if the officer was gay? How would G even know?? It was dumb, obviously, and a stupid decision, but I'm sure we all did stupid things at that age.

Well by afraid I don't really mean that afraid

No charges = not worried about it.

I just mean as much as I'd prefer him not to be a moronic drunk, I also kind of prefer him not to be a moronic homophobic ass hole drunk.

But I guess many of those tend to happen to many of us when we drink and are young and stupid.

26???

Crosby still gets killed for barking at the refs to much at 18.  And you are giving Giroux a pass on this because he's only 26?

That makes sense.

@Jam1986

If Giroux were on the BSB, Schultz would have pounded him into oblivion for grabbing another man's arse...and a cop at that.  Even the BSB's had standards. ;)

Edit: The pink shirt would not have flown either.

Edited by B21

Wait, Crosby is still 18 and he's drunk during games when he yaps at the refs?

What are you trying to sell here?

26???

Crosby still gets killed for barking at the refs to much at 18. And you are giving Giroux a pass on this because he's only 26?

That makes sense.

"Misguided attempt at humor" Translation, I got really really drunk and I thought it would be funny. Apparently not. If this was a star football player down south the cop probably would have asked for an autograph and let him sleep on his couch while he sobered up.

• Like 1