Entire Blue Jackets first line out after Boone Jenner injury

Irishjim

Coming into this season, theColumbus Blue Jackets looked like they could have a formidable first line.

The current status of that line? read here for full story:  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/entire-blue-jackets-first-line-out-after-boone-jenner-injury-015609541.html

Last year's Blue Jackets team seemed to rely heavily on checking, defense, goaltending, and just general grinding as a means to get that one goal.

In other words, Columbus worked their tails off for that 1-0, 2-1 win....even though they still tried at times to be more of a free flowing offensive team.

When they could dictate the pace, they were usually ok...when things opened up and were forced to play end to end, willy-nilly (don't ask..my grandad always said that :lol:  , they looked more like the Jackets teams that finished last all the time not so long ago.

With the dismantling of their first line, it looks like being that grinding, trapping, hitting team and call 2 or 3 goals a good night will have to be the norm....unless some unforseen players make a tremendous leap forward and provide this team with some offensive spark.

Many including myself, had high hopes that this team would not only return to the post season, but do so with a very good chance of advancing a series or two seeing as how they do have some promising players developing at a good rate.

They may be pressed into service faster than anticipated, and it may have to come down to sink or swim.

Sergei Bobrovsky will be able to steal games here and there, but one simply cannot expect him to stand on his head for the 50-60 games that is probably expected of him this year.

Losing a guy like Nathan Horton is big, but honestly, as good as Horton can be, I believe the Jackets could overcome that...heck, they did so plenty of times last season.

But to have their entire top tier offense go down at the same time is a bit much to ask of ANY team, save a few very deep teams, but certainly IS a bit much for Columbus.

I just have to wonder now if the Jackets will try to 'ride things out' or try to remedy the situation by possibly bartering a future piece here or there to get a 'now' type top tier player or two.

Not that the Metro is rife with dominant teams, but still, there is enough competition there that Columbus could still easily find themselves on the outside looking in around the Holidays if they can't find a way to fix this situation.

Coming into this season, theColumbus Blue Jackets looked like they could have a formidable first line.

The current status of that line? read here for full story:  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/entire-blue-jackets-first-line-out-after-boone-jenner-injury-015609541.html

They'll be ok they have Hartnell. But they can have Vinny too if they'd like.

Horton was a poor signing, knowing he would miss over half the year last year and giving him thatmuch money... i doubt they ever get true bang for the buck.

Jenner, my god the kid is a pest, he is all over, he hits he shoots, he runs people, stars included, kind of a poor mans Marchand. They need him back asap.

Johanson: GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS. Get it over with. The longer it goes the more likely he is to bolt when the deal is over. Just pay the man and gear your advertising around him. He is a star in the making.

Archived