Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

Some of the goals scored in the Q just leaves you scratching your head. Defense, for the most part is non-existent.

As far as Junior hockey goes, I will take the WHL everyday of the week and twice on Sunday over the QMJHL. The brand of hockey is just more digestible to my taste.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vanflyer  Yeah, I love watching games played in the Dub. Every team seems to have numerous big hulking farm boys who can take your head off with the snap of his fingers.

I see the Flyer's overage goon had a hat trick too......

http://www.kelownarockets.com/

https://twitter.com/Kelowna_Rockets/status/531538214142889984/photo/1

@OccamsRazor   Ghoul and Ghost, the Halloweenies!

I wonder if the Flyers can sign Goulbourne to an NHL contract during the season or not since he was sent back to juniors.....i don't think he ever signed their AHL contract that was offered. I think he'd develop better in the AHL. Still hard to stomach the fact that they passed on Bjorkstrand and Duclair to take this guy...just makes me sick.

@OccamsRazor   It could have been a big mistake, not offering this kid a ELC. Last year, he had a very respectable 17 goals and 20 assists. Perhaps more a stat based on the overall strength of the Rockets, but he was a +26, which is amazing for a kid who is supposed to be a one dimensional tough guy. Imagine a 4th line of Belly, Ghoul and Rinaldo?!?!   They would put the fear of God in opponents....ha ha.

This year, he is setting a torrid pts pace. After 11 games he has 11 pts including 7 goals. Needless to say, career highs in pts and goals coming up!

I almost forget Flyers have 5 Dmen playing NCAA hockey....only 4 have something to offer 3 freshman and a junior.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=107113

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=219791

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248322

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93550

And Luukko whom is an AHLer at best.

@OccamsRazor   It could have been a big mistake, not offering this kid a ELC. Last year, he had a very respectable 17 goals and 20 assists. Perhaps more a stat based on the overall strength of the Rockets, but he was a +26, which is amazing for a kid who is supposed to be a one dimensional tough guy. Imagine a 4th line of Belly, Ghoul and Rinaldo?!?!   They would put the fear of God in opponents....ha ha.

So why did Hexy low ball him and only offer him an AHL contract??? So they have to wait till after the season to sign him?

So why did Hexy low ball him and only offer him an AHL contract??? So they have to wait till after the season to sign him?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps, his skating is bad enough that Hexy does not project him to be an asset moving forward. His stats from this year and last suggest he is worthy of a ELC, hopefully Hexy rectifies the situation and signs him up.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps, his skating is bad enough that Hexy does not project him to be an asset moving forward. His stats from this year and last suggest he is worthy of a ELC, hopefully Hexy rectifies the situation and signs him up.

Yes something to redeem the fact they took him instead of Bjorkstrand who will be on the rivals Jackets soon and Duclair who is currently on the rival Rangers now...and this kid as an overager was sent back to junior.

@OccamsRazor   I think they still control his rights, but if he does not sign during this season, I believe he's eligible to go back into the draft. It does not happen often, but it does happen. There was just a case like this, forget the player involved. I know Tanner Pearson was passed over in 2 different draft years before finally getting selected in his junior overage year. To have that happen and THEN go on to dominate at the NHL level, that is pretty special. 29 other GM's missed what Dean Lombardi saw clearly.....guess that why he's the Cup Champ GM.

Dean Lombardi saw clearly.....

And to think he was in the Flyers organization. I really wish sometimes the old man would stop with the "home grown" club. Its beyond absurd at this juncture (even with Hextall). Being loyal to your players is one thing, but to continue to give them reach around's after their playing days are done is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

And to think he was in the Flyers organization. I really wish sometimes the old man would stop with the "home grown" club. Its beyond absurd at this juncture (even with Hextall). Being loyal to your players is one thing, but to continue to give them reach around's after their playing days are done is ridiculous.

For someone with so much supposed business acumen like Snider it really amazes me how he continues to make business decisions off of emotion rather than analysis and reasoning. 

Stolarz gets the shutout and his first pro win

Holy crap he played???? What happened they are through developing the 31 year old goaltender Zepp?? A shutout who knew.

Nice game, the last game he lead the team with like 8 shots on goal i knew if he kept firing he'd get one.

Holy crap he played???? What happened they are through developing the 31 year old goaltender Zepp?? A shutout who knew.

Nice game, the last game he lead the team with like 8 shots on goal i knew if he kept firing he'd get one.

??? Who led the team with 8 shots? Stolarz???

??? Who led the team with 8 shots? Stolarz???

No Hagg. I see where that was confusing.

Hagg the game before lit the net up unfortunately he didn't get a goal so it's nice to see he got one the following game.

Taylor Leier is having a nice kind of under the radar season for the Phantoms so far this season.

20 gp 8 gls 5 ast 13pts +1 0 pims------------------------thats right ZERO penalty minutes!!!! Impressive i say............discipline at 20 who knew. 

Flyers top Left wing prospect.

Archived