Coots or Laughton

Jam1986

They seem to be the same player all d no offense. So who do you keep or trade for firepower? I know jumping ahead.

Jumping the gun there a little.  Why even contemplate trading *either* of them?  If you are looking for the players that need to be traded, there are far better candidates on this team.

They seem to be the same player all d no offense. So who do you keep or trade for firepower? I know jumping ahead.

74EBwL2.gif

Lol! Well played...

Hysterical that we already have people talking about trading Laughton bc he can't score. How many games has he played in the NHL?

WTF... SMH...

They are both viable players. We will never know how good they can be until they are on the ice with 4 NHL calibre players. That hasn't happened yet. Laughton should be returned to the Phantoms. It is a waste to have him playing with this group of unprofessionals.

This isn't directed solely at Jam but can people give players a chance to develop around here before wanting to ship them out? A month ago 3/4s of this board was ready to take just about anything for Brayden Schenn. He's our 3rd leading scorer now. These are the same people who complain about the JVR/Luke Schenn deal. Relax boys, it isn't our year. The BEST thing Hextall can do is NOT make reactionary trades (you know, the ones you all moan about when Homer did it and have been screaming for Hex to do THE EXACT SAME THING) There are some good young players here. We need to jetison some crap before this team can compete. Might as well go the status quo route for now, hope we can deal some of that mediocre D or a Vinnie or two by the deadline and grab one of those bluechippers at the draft.

A month ago 3/4s of this board was ready to take just about anything for Brayden Schen

I believe "trade him for Kane" was a popular meme...

I'll keep the nice kid with the scoring and let the 'Peg keep the problem kid with the not scoring.

I am all for jettisoning some crap... the Flyers could definitely use a roster version of the morning constitutional.

This isn't directed solely at Jam but can people give players a chance to develop around here before wanting to ship them out? A month ago 3/4s of this board was ready to take just about anything for Brayden Schenn. He's our 3rd leading scorer now. These are the same people who complain about the JVR/Luke Schenn deal. Relax boys, it isn't our year. The BEST thing Hextall can do is NOT make reactionary trades (you know, the ones you all moan about when Homer did it and have been screaming for Hex to do THE EXACT SAME THING) There are some good young players here. We need to jetison some crap before this team can compete. Might as well go the status quo route for now, hope we can deal some of that mediocre D or a Vinnie or two by the deadline and grab one of those bluechippers at the draft.

Not sure how to do it, but as we all know, the best way to improve this team is to have some subtraction.  Mainly Corpseberg and Vinny LeCADIVERlet.  Subtract these 2 and the team instantly becomes better. 

Hexy absolutely needs to find away to move the horrendous contracts....aka McDud and move the human pylon known as Grossman.

For the time being, B. Schenn, Jake, Roo, Simmer, Coots absolutely need to remain. 

If you can get Laughton playing D the way Coots does, then you move Coots up to Line 2 Center and let him start scoring again.

Coots is a big guy who is fairly strong on the puck has great vision and can make some plays.  I have no doubt that he can score plenty. 

Right now he doesn't have the line mates (with any consistency any way) and that's definitively not his role.

Personally I think it's smarter to keep Laughton on line 2 and try to get scoring from him, but I also happen to think that Coots with Simmonds for an extended amount of time without tinkering (long enough for them to trust where each other's going, etc) could be pretty great pairing.  Coots, Simmer, Raffl would be my line 2 going forward.  But I'm not Berube... he doesn't appear to believe in letting guys get to know each other as linemates.

Archived