O Vinny, where art thou?

brelic

Apparently the dude isn't even practicing with the team anymore... ? 

It's a black eye for the organization, IMO. They need to resolve this situation one way or another.

http://www.letsgoflyers.net/2014/12/08/where-in-the-world-is-vinny-lecavalier/

It's no secret that tensions have been building between Vinny Lecavalier and the Flyers coaching staff. After being a healthy scratch for 3 straight games, the 34 year old pivot is expected to be held out of the line-up again on Tuesday. Lecavalier was vocally unhappy last week with his diminishing role with the team. 

Then there was speculation that he would retire at the end of next season to get out of his deal with the Flyers 2 years sooner than expected. 

According to hockeybuzz's Bill Meltzer, Lecavalier isn't even practicing with the team at this point. It is highly unusual for a healthy scratch to not skate with the other extra players on the team. 

Lecavalier's mysterious absence from practice suggests either a growing rift with the coaching staff, an unannounced injury, or possibly an imminent trade.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

movieposter.jpg?v=4f30c8d4

hey wait a second....they shot and killed the dog at the end because he has rabies (yes I cried as a kid when I first saw this movie because I love dogs)....you are not insinuating we shoot Vinny. :P

It's more than a little embarrassing, but you know what? That might be exactly what this organization needs. Snider saw first hand the embarrassment that was Bryzgalov. His GM had a get out of jail free (where free = $40M over 14 years) card, but it still made the organization look amateur.

Then Homer turns right around and promptly signs Vinny, which blew up in his face before he had even played one full season. Now it's untenable, and front and center news. 

Hopefully that's enough to make Snider sick to his stomach and to trust a fresh perspective.

;)

Practice?  We're talking about practice? 

That is weird.  i read the story where he was yammering about other guys coming back after a game and he was out for 3. 

The fact that they played better those three games has got to be brutalizing him.

if they push him too much though he might start calling spades spades about the way the team is run and no one wants that (well we all might, but i digress). 

what's his endgame with this not attending practice thing though?

According to hockeybuzz's Bill Meltzer, Lecavalier isn't even practicing with the team at this point. It is highly unusual for a healthy scratch to not skate with the other extra players on the team.

Yeah, i really can't believe he vetoed trades this summer.  that was silly. 

but now it's probably too late.  who the hell is going to take him and how much salary will the flyers have to eat?

I still think this is mostly a matter of not knowing how to utilize what he still can do.  I don't put his lack of productivity all on him.  His first few games he was on fire. 

But the practice thing is a big big red flag.  how's skipping practice going to get you in the lineup quicker? 

Is he talking to the KHL or something?  What hope does the guy have at this point?

This is great news! The angrier he gets, the more likely he is to approve a trade, which is best for everyone. Now offer to pay half his salary and ship his ass out of here.

Snider will just blame Vinny and agree with Homer and Berube that he's just not skating. 

Meanwhile Jagr continues to score (made 5th all time in points last night)  for a million a year less.

Should have resigned Jags and Carle instead of hail marying for Parise and Suter (couldn't have afforded both anyway) and losing important supporting players.

It's more than a little embarrassing, but you know what? That might be exactly what this organization needs. Snider saw first hand the embarrassment that was Bryzgalov. His GM had a get out of jail free (where free = $40M over 14 years) card, but it still made the organization look amateur.

Then Homer turns right around and promptly signs Vinny, which blew up in his face before he had even played one full season. Now it's untenable, and front and center news. 

Hopefully that's enough to make Snider sick to his stomach and to trust a fresh perspective.

;)

if that happens Hextall will be one miracle closer to beatification by the pope.

If Hextall manages to get rid of Vinny's contract without taking a bad one back or retaining salary, it will be one of the most eye opening things to happen since the MIT team hijacked a buildings lights to play tetris with it at night.

186974.jpg?v=0

The fact that they played better those three games has got to be brutalizing him.

I'm sure it does. Berube is selective, though. The team was better without MacDud and Coburn - yet Schenn and MDZ were the scratches. Not saying Schenn didn't deserve it, but all is not equal in Berube's world. 

As much as I want him gone, gone, gone, VLC was never really put in a position to succeed. The team had no use for him from the get-go.

Schenn sat because he literally cost them a point all by himself the game before by playing way out of position.

I think that was knee jerk.

In coburn and Mac I think he might have had some inkling he'd be punishing them for his own mistakes.

I'm sure it does. Berube is selective, though. The team was better without MacDud and Coburn - yet Schenn and MDZ were the scratches. Not saying Schenn didn't deserve it, but all is not equal in Berube's world.

As much as I want him gone, gone, gone, VLC was never really put in a position to succeed. The team had no use for him from the get-go.

Per Carchidi:

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull  21m21 minutes ago
Berube said he has no timetable for Vinny's return to the lineup.#Flyers

Translation: We've dropped off Vinny at the farm for declining hockey players. It's a wonderful place where they roam free and don't have to worry about defense and silly things like that.

Yet another black eye on this organization. I do not agree at all with how the Flyers are handling this situation... it's embarrassing. Hextall says they'll treat him with the 'respect he deserves' being a good player for a long time in this league. Is this what you call respect? 

It's unfair treatment and there's a motive behind it. I think it's disgraceful and reflects very poorly on the Flyers organization as a whole. Do I want Vinny on this team? NO. Is he playing well? NO. But to make an example of him while others, who have played even worse, are not made to suffer the embarrassment of riding pine... well, this Org disappoints me. .

Vinny was afforded, roughly, the same avg. ice time as Umberger. In 16 games he had 2g, 4a, 6pts. Not great at all topped with a -4. 

Umberger, in 26g has 2g, 2a, 4pts with a healthy topping of -10. 

Will someone PLEASE tell me why Umberger has not sat!!??? Will someone please explain why Vinny rides pine 4 games now and Umberger not one? 

I think it's pretty clear the Flyers are attempting to impose their will by pissing off a player. The player that THEY signed to the ludicrous deal and that THEY offered the NMC to. Now... why would anyone want to sign here again? 

Archived