All Star Snubs

hf101

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who most deserved to be an All Star this Season?

• Frederik Andersen
    • Nicklas Backstrom
    • Jamie Benn
    • Pavel Datsyuk
    • Marc-Andre Fleury
    • Kris Letang
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • PK Subban
    • John Carlson
    • Jaromir Jagr
    • Joe Pavelski
    • Erik Karlsson
    • Max Pacoriety

Here are the Players selected to the All Star Game, who would you remove from these lists and add a choice from above that was snubbed.  You may choose more than one in the poll.

Forwards:
Zemgus Girgensons, Buffalo Sabres
Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
Nick Foligno, Columbus Blue Jackets
Ryan Johansen, Columbus Blue Jackets
Tyler Seguin, Dallas Stars
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Edmonton Oilers
Anze Kopitar, Los Angeles Kings
Patrik Elias, New Jersey Devils
John Tavares, New York Islanders
Rick Nash, New York Rangers
Bobby Ryan, Ottawa Senators
Claude Giroux, Philadelphia Flyers
Jakub Voracek, Philadelphia Flyers
Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins
Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
Tyler Johnson, Tampa Bay Lightning
Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs
Radim Vrbata, Vancouver Canucks
Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Defensemen:
Brent Seabrook, Chicago Blackhawks 
Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Arizona Coyotes
Mark Giordano, Calgary Flames
Justin Faulk, Carolina Hurricanes
Erik Johnson, Colorado Avalanche
Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings
Ryan Suter, Minnesota Wild
Shea Weber, Nashville Predators
Brent Burns, San Jose Sharks
Kevin Shattenkirk, St. Louis Blues
Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg Jets

Goalies
Corey Crawford, Chicago Blackhawks
Sergei Bobrovsky, Columbus Blue Jackets
Jimmy Howard, Detroit Red Wings
Roberto Luongo, Florida Panthers
Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators

Rookies: 
Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary Flames
Aaron Ekblad, Florida Panthers
Tanner Pearson, Los Angeles Kings
Filip Forsberg, Nashville Predators
Mike Hoffman, Ottawa Senators
Jonathan Drouin, Tampa Bay Lightning

Here are the Players selected to the All Star Game, who would you remove from these lists and add whom was snubbed.

Max Pacioretty...i'd vote for him but you don't have him on the list. If you'll add him i'll cast my vote in that direction.

41 gp 18 gls 15ast 33 pts +22 12.3 shoot %

Max Pacioretty...i'd vote for him but you don't have him on the list. If you'll add him i'll cast my vote in that direction.

41 gp 18 gls 15ast 33 pts +22 12.3 shoot %

I added him to the list.  I also set the poll so members can make more than one choice.  Who would you remove from those chosen from the league?

Who would you remove from those chosen from the league?

I will look into that and get back with you.....

...i'd remove Elias (-15 ooouch!) and replace him with Cammalleri for one.

And replace Bob with Halak .800% in the shootouts...how he gets snubbed is amazing.

I'd pull a bunch actually... Howard? Crawford? Bobrovsky? While Halak, Andersen, and Fleury sit out?

Seabrook? Suter? Byfuglien? Johnson? Faulk? While Brodie, Carlson, Letang, Josi and even (gulp) Streit sit out?

The Forwards I'm mostly okay with except Pacioretty, Though some are interchangeable.

How in the hell can you have a hardest shot competition with out P.K....people can say what they want, but P.K is one of the most dynamic offenisve forces in the league, one of the best skaters in the entire league and most likely the best one timer....he should be there no questions asked. His skill set is what they are trying to show off.

I'm wondering why they left Lundqvist off the list. Bob doesn't deserve it this year.

Last 4: 4-0-0, 1.25 GAA, .950 SV%

Last 12: 11-1-0, 1.57 GAA, .939 SV%, 1 SO

Last 28: 19-6-3, 1.97 GAA, .928 SV%, 5 SO

Bobrovsky shouldn't be in there. I understand its in Columbus, and you need to have some of the home team there, but you already have two players in the game that deserve it. I'm an Eastern Conference guy,  and I would have had Fleury or Lundqvist in there before Bobrovsky.

With the stupidity of the fan voting the past five or so years, and picks like this, it really diminishes the all star game, and who and how many times you were selected quite a bit.

And let's just name it the Mostly Stars game.  Until they get rid of the rule that every team has to have a participant, it can never be billed as the NHL's Best.

Where is PK Subban? Where is Henrik Lundqvist? Datsyuk? Chara? The voting system is garbage. We only vote on the starters and the GMs pick the rest? That's terrible. Subban had the 3rd most votes amongst D-Men and he gets left out? How do you rationalize then when JUSTIN FAULK GETS IN?!?!? This is how I would do it.

• The GMs would do the initial vote. In this vote they pick three players from each team who deserve to be in the game.
  • The fans then vote on these players: 3 players from 30 teams makes 90 candidates.
  • The leading vote getter from each team makes the cut. That's 30 players automatically in.
  • The remaining spots (16 or so I believe) will be filled by the leading vote getters after the team leaders.

This gets one player from every team in the game, because the NHL seems to be adamant on this being the only way to do an all-star game, and it gets a few more who deserve it. It also keeps teams like the Blackhawks this year and the Canadiens in 2009 from running the table on all-star candidates. The only real problem I see with it can be that not enough players at each position get picked to be in the initial vote.

I have no bitch about fans voting.    The NHL fans should decide the starters.   We're the people who buy the tickets, the jerseys, the NHL TV packages, and most of the other things that fuel the NHL.

But, the GM's and the rest of the clowns who select the team should feel ashamed.  

I have no bitch about fans voting.    The NHL fans should decide the starters.   We're the people who buy the tickets, the jerseys, the NHL TV packages, and most of the other things that fuel the NHL.

But, the GM's and the rest of the clowns who select the team should feel ashamed.  

Absolutely. As much as I don't like Zemgus Girgensons there, the fans wanted him there. What I don't like is the GMs picking the teams almost arbitrarily.

Your tag ihabs 1993 caught my eye.

Here's a coincidence.  John LeClair played his youth hockey in the same organization as my son.  Spent many hours on the road and in hotels with the LeClairs.  This same son who's friends with John, billeted Z when he first came over from Latvia.

The hockey world is a small one.

Your tag ihabs 1993 caught my eye.

Here's a coincidence.  John LeClair played his youth hockey in the same organization as my son.  Spent many hours on the road and in hotels with the LeClairs.  This same son who's friends with John, billeted Z when he first came over from Latvia.

The hockey world is a small one.

Absolutely. As much as I don't like Zemgus Girgensons there, the fans wanted him there. What I don't like is the GMs picking the teams almost arbitrarily.

So watch your mouth ihabs.  :angry: .......... :D

@hf101 wow I hadn't realized Lundqvist was putting up those kind of numbers, I'd say he's been snubbed.

I voted Nicklas Backstrom, 42 points in 42 games (leads all Caps) 11th overall in the NHL.

T.J. Brodie is another name I'd submit, but Gio got a spot so I guess that's some type of condolence to Flames fans.

Voting should be eliminated. I don't care who pays to see the games, until they find a way to vote ONE per person it's a stupid system. Look at the results! Larger fan bases can simply tip the scales. Idiots multi-voting tip the scales. It's all crap.

Archived