Giroux: Flyers "no doubt" a playoff team

radoran

@briere48

that's a s## attitute coming from your captain. you know you are not playing great, as show some responsilbity. good players do it, crap players make excuses.

Is the "you" in that part referring to the team rather than specifically to Giroux? Others have responded with its meaning Giroux, but I'm wondering if "you" was referring to the group.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@briere48

Is the "you" in that part referring to the team rather than specifically to Giroux? Others have responded with its meaning Giroux, but I'm wondering if "you" was referring to the group.

sorry, i miss pronounced sentences when i type, yes i meant giroux.

What part of "G's" game is not good?

His Captaining?

His Tennilleing?

Putting Zac back on the top line will open up some room for them to cycle the puck down low.

Evander Kane may be available in the off season.

I think Schenn should be playing on Coots line with Read to spark that line.

Raffle back on the top line to finish the season, or try Belle for now.

We can move the "paper" players to positions on a line to be a "playoff team".

My line of Vinny seems to be producing as I thought it would.

I still would give Schenn a shot at centering a line for 20-30 games unless he's with Coots, then Laughton could be that option.

What part of "G's" game is bad?

I think Schenn should be playing on Coots line with Read to spark that line.

If the team is serious about kickstarting Couturier, they need to move him away from Read. Keep them together on the PK, but move Couturier with Simmonds and Raffl when he comes back.

Put Laughton with White and Read. Not great, no. But Couturier has earned more than Laughton has.

Scratch Umberger. He's the least effective player in the entire lineup.

And the VLC line has earned more ice time.

Soooo, maybe Cap'n Claude knows more about the Flyers than we do? 

Yup. 5 points behind the Bruins, and I'm going to the Bruins/Flyers matchup in early March. It was gearing up to be a nothing game, but now... seems like it will be important.

Yippee! We're going to sneak into the playoffs, get 5 or 6 games of postseason and another mid-round draft pick...WooHoo! We get to stay mediocre!

Well, whether we sneak in or just fail to make it, the pick will be basically the same. So I'd rather make it at this point, because they're not slipping to the bottom now. 

It's hard to explain why they were so terrible to start the season, and now they're playing really well (taking the Habs to OT). Same pattern last year.

Well, whether we sneak in or just fail to make it, the pick will be basically the same. So I'd rather make it at this point, because they're not slipping to the bottom now. 

It's hard to explain why they were so terrible to start the season, and now they're playing really well (taking the Habs to OT). Same pattern last year.

This has been my mind set once it became evident that they could miss the playoffs this year.  Except for a couple times this season, I have not felt this team would be bad enough to get one of those franchise changing players.  Their D is what it is, and I think we all knew it would not be pretty this year, but the O has a core that is already in place and just needs some complimentary pieces to make it all come together.  This season we are seeing the patience paying off with guys like Jake and Simmer.  I think they need to continue to exercise that same patience with guys like Coots and B. Schenn.  If they could shed VLC and Umberger, it would give Hexy the flexibility to improve this team.  The D development of the kids is going to be slow, but with good goal tending and hopefully a continuous development on O, this team will be back in the mix sooner than later.

At this point, I would like to see them get into the playoffs and see what they can do with it.  Better to get everyone more playoff experience and get a mid-level pick rather than get no playoff games and have a slightly better pick.

@Adamflyers

The worst team rarely wins the lottery....and that's a good thing. its why there is a lottery. And we're not the worst team.

I agree, but it still doesn't make the pain go away!  :angry:

I guess I am pretty pessimistic about their chances of winning the lottery as a fringe playoff team

@Adamflyers

Me too. I'd still rather grab one of those top10 bluechip prospects than watch yet another short playoff run. 

I have a feeling they will still be getting their shot in the lottery...while I like seeing their fight, I just think the hill is too steep to climb.  Only 5 points behind Boston, but really possibly 7 since Boston has played one less game.  Odds are still not in their favor

@Adamflyers

Me too. I'd still rather grab one of those top10 bluechip prospects than watch yet another short playoff run. 

this Team is just stuck in absolute mediocrity that it is a damn shame...   Kudos for them actually making it interesting but the fact remains this Team needs a serious redo on the defensive roster.  They are playing decent hockey and finding ways to win games (ahem, Emery has been great).  The most frustrating part is that we will be stuck with a middle of the road pick this draft and we don't have a second rounder (yet?) if I am correct...

there needs to be a "Come to Jesus" moment for Hextall over the next two weeks:  (1) does he really think this roster can contend and (2) is he willing to make moves to help the roster going into the playoffs or (3) does he see this Team for what it is and plans for the future.   I would rather Hextall sell of players and stockpile some picks for the upcoming draft.  This Team is not a contender in any shape or form and I hope management sees it...  

Last, I still think they miss the playoffs.

this Team is just stuck in absolute mediocrity that it is a damn shame...

Might not have been had Berube did the right thing way back in november and bench Coburn when he was singling out guys for bad play but for some reason gave Coburn a pass they lost some crucial games then usually by 1 goal and Coburn was on the ice/responsible for many i remember....

...so Berube lost me when he gave this dude a pass.....and then low and behold he gets hurt and is out and they crawl back closer to the playoffs...they might have been in right now had he benched all we can do is speculate...we'll never know.

It's pretty telling how Berube benches his $5M defenseman yet no one even bats an eye or questions it. He's that bad 45 games into his 6 year contract. He's 7th best on a team of mediocre defensemen.

Ouch.

He was scratched so he could deal with a death in the family....i think it was his grandmother.

Yes, I see where CSN is trumpeting the whole "five points behind the Bruins" thing.

Of course the Bruins have a game in hand...

But, hey, they got a point from Columbus and edged Buffalo 2-1! And they're almost ahead of Florida!

I say start the parade at the Art Museum - "anything can happen!"

Imagine if they didn't start each season excavating huge ditches to climb out of...

(Just for the record, I've always thought an "off season" for this franchise should be a 7/8 seed).

Archived