So where do the Jets rank now?

yave1964

@yave1964 So, can Burms just leave Russia and continue with the Jets? I'm not sure, cause I thought he couldn't leave the Jets that way to begin with. Even if he never turns out to be a scorer, anybody with wheels and hands like that, you would have to make a spot for.

Burms must have been at the end of his ELC. He could do what he wanted that way, but the Jets still had to qualify him to retain his rights.

I'm just guessing...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was always a fan of his 2 way game on the Colts

I never saw him play in Jr., but was always impressed with his game. He played some fine hockey for the Thrasher/Jets but was ultimately misused by Noel in my opinion. I don't see him as a typical spoiled Russian brat....he just wants to play. 

@Podein25  I've never seen a player with skating and hands like Burm's....and NOT have it translate into points. Like fc said, the previous Jet's regime really did a job on this kid, destroyed his confidence and in general, messed his career up badly.

I've never seen a player with skating and hands like Burm's....and NOT have it translate into points. Like fc said, the previous Jet's regime really did a job on this kid, destroyed his confidence and in general, messed his career up badly.

Yeah, it's kinda weird. I don't think the Jets ever used him on the PP. Noel was an idiot.

@yave1964  So, can Burms just leave Russia and continue with the Jets? I'm not sure, cause I thought he couldn't leave the Jets that way to begin with. Even if he never turns out to be a scorer, anybody with wheels and hands like that, you would have to make a spot for.
isnt that what Kovalchuk did or did he retire and then bail to the KHL?

@yave1964  So, can Burms just leave Russia and continue with the Jets? I'm not sure, cause I thought he couldn't leave the Jets that way to begin with. Even if he never turns out to be a scorer, anybody with wheels and hands like that, you would have to make a spot for.
I never saw him play in Jr., but was always impressed with his game. He played some fine hockey for the Thrasher/Jets but was ultimately misused by Noel in my opinion. I don't see him as a typical spoiled Russian brat....he just wants to play.

Burms would be a great asset to this Jets team. Hoping he'll want to come back. Especially with a new General behind the bench.

As I have read it, Burmistrov was an RFA on an expired contract when he left the Jets. The Jets did qualify him.

As a result, the Jets retain his RFA rights and that RFA status will not expire until he is back with the Jets (i.e. he can't come back at 28 and claim to be a UFA).

Yeah, Kovalchuk "retired" from the NHL - he was on an active contract with the Devils.

As a result, the Jets retain his RFA rights and that RFA status will not expire until he is back with the Jets (i.e. he can't come back at 28 and claim to be a UFA).

@radoran  Funny, there is a long laundry list of horrible NHL rules over the years, and a long history of leaving loop holes in rules that were not thought out fully....but geez, when it comes to covering the owners asses, they come up big....figures.

@radoran  Funny, there is a long laundry list of horrible NHL rules over the years, and a long history of leaving loop holes in rules that were not thought out fully....but geez, when it comes to covering the owners asses, they come up big....figures.

It's like the owners own and run the league or something!

:ph34r:

@jammer2

The guy was signed to a contract that cost his team a first round pick (changed to last in first round) then bails on it for more money. No he should never be allowed back. Won't surprise me if he is though.

I love this....classic!!!!!!!!

fcc20780-b6f3-11e4-8a9b-61090ac450e8_fas

I love this....classic!!!!!!!!

fcc20780-b6f3-11e4-8a9b-61090ac450e8_fas

Aaand Buff is now a favorite of mine. Again.

As far as Burmistrov, it would be foolish to ban him, Noel came as close as possible to ruining him, get the kid back, tell him to bust his ass and get back to playing NHL hockey.

As far as Burmistrov, it would be foolish to ban him, Noel came as close as possible to ruining him, get the kid back

I think he will be back the KHL and the ruble are in trouble i think we'll see many headed back after this year.

I think he will be back the KHL and the ruble are in trouble i think we'll see many headed back after this year.

Not much doubt about that. Question is where. Right now the Jets need immediate help, with Perreault going down for the rest of the regular season. He was playing really well for them, especially on the PP. They need some help up front if they want to stay in a playoff position in my opinion

Not much doubt about that. Question is where. Right now the Jets need immediate help, with Perreault going down for the rest of the regular season. He was playing really well for them, especially on the PP. They need some help up front if they want to stay in a playoff position in my opinion

I think the Jets are toast.  They don't have the depth to retain the fourth position in the Central division through the end of the season.  It was a nice run, but the Wild will unseat their playoff spot.

Archived