Flyers 2015 Deadline Thread

brelic

Coburn will not fetch a first round pick.

Sorry. I mean u just can't see it.

Only if the Kings make the playoffs. The Canes would get a mid-round 1st.

Othewise, they end up with McKeown who may or may not turn into anything.

I would hope Coburn could fetch a non-conditional 1st.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coburn will not fetch a first round pick.

Sorry. I mean u just can't see it.

Why not? If Sekera gets a 1st and a prospect, Coburn gets a 1st +, no question. 

Sekera's had exactly one strong offensive season, which is an outlier. He's a 28-year old, 20-25 point kind of guy.

Coburn's one year older, and falls in the same 20-25 point range. Plus you get one additional year out of him under contract.

Well, the Flyers are going to have to do something because if Timonen is going to play on Saturday against the Rangers, they're going to be over the cap. I feel confident that Coburn will be the guy going, but I think it will be a case of a replenshing picks in the 2nd and 3rd round and not the first, but getting an elite prospect and taking on an expiring contract to help the other club out.

the first thing they need to do is....

Sell Mortimer, Sell !

everybody , must go,  the trade deadline Flyers 2015... stacken' 'em deep.... sellin' em cheap !

I'd give these guys away but my wife won't let me !

Come to West German BMW and get a great deal . 

Is it just me, or is it super quiet in terms of Flyers rumours??

One of two things, I think:

1. There's not much going on, and Hexy is having a hard time.

2. It's a new administration, and they do things differently - and nothing is being leaked (either deliberately or not).

Is it just me, or is it super quiet in terms of Flyers rumours??

One of two things, I think:

1. There's not much going on, and Hexy is having a hard time.

2. It's a new administration, and they do things differently - and nothing is being leaked (either deliberately or not).

It is......and why have the BIG Buff to Philly rumors not surfaced lately???? Ek is getting really slack.

Let me say i don't expect anything HUGE or earth shaking to go down but if Hexy does absolutely nothing and goes past this trade deadline with removing one of the many turds from this roster (and it doesn't even have to be for a player just a salary dump/roster spot free up would be fine) i will be officially in the questioning if Hexy knows what he is doing ball park.

There is no way after what we have seen with this bi polar bunch can you think nothing needs to be done if you are serious about trying to get into the playoffs...something needs to happen someone needs to be axed or made an example and moved....sorry doing nothing is not acceptable to me.

Doing the same thing yet expecting different results is not the way to go.

From a few articles I've read, there have been a ton of pro scouts at Flyers' games recently. One listed Mark Howe (Detroit). Here's a quote from a NJ.com article:

Fifteen scouts representing 13 clubs visited Wells Fargo Center over the weekend to see the Flyers' 3-2 shootout win over the Nashville Predators on Saturday afternoon and 3-2 victory over the Washington Capitals on Sunday.

The rival Pittsburgh Penguins, who are holding a playoff spot but looking for upgrades, had two representatives at Saturday's game — associate GM Jason Botterill and pro scout Al Santilli.

The Chicago Blackhawks, a Western Conference power, also had two members of their front office at Wells Fargo Center, player personnel director Pierre Gauthier and pro scout Dennis Bonvie.

So there's definitely interest out there. What remains to be seen is the value.

i will be officially in the questioning if Hexy knows what he is doing ball park.

I admit I will be the same way...   At what point does Hexy start the process of getting this Team back to a contender?  *IF* the likes of Coburn, Grossman and Fluke Schenn remain on the roster the process is just delayed and then delayed some more.  

At what point do you start moving these players for the sake of opening roster spots and freeing up cash?  Every GM out there knows Hextall is in a very tough cap predicament and if I am one of those GMs I am trying to take advantage of that.   Sometimes addition by subtraction is the only thing that makes sense, and in the Flyers case, I think it makes the most sense.

Not suggesting that Hextall take a 4th rounder for Coburn but if the the Flyers are valuing the players correctly I have to think there would be someone interested.   The question remains - are the Flyers overvaluing the Players or just patiently waiting for the right deal?  

Not suggesting that Hextall take a 4th rounder for Coburn but if the the Flyers are valuing the players correctly I have to think there would be someone interested.

Yes and defensemen are always worth their weight in gold and even more so around deadline time....so if they can't move them now then that goes to show how sucky this blueline is.

With Timonen coming back and Coburn as his linemate of several years I have to think that Grossman is the d-man the Flyers will trade.

tumblr_nkc7cgvDo31s2yegdo1_400.gif

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said let's just trade all 3!!!

Just go with this the rest of the year!!!!!

55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit

15 Michael Del Zotto - 26 Carlo Colaiacovo

43 Brandon Manning  - 47 Andrew MacDonald

Plus that will free up 10mill right there!

Can't be worse than they have been playing now really.

Philadelphia Flyers prospects: Phantoms falter but a prospect blooms

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/2/27/8118081/philadelphia-flyers-prospects-phantoms-falter-but-a-prospect-blooms

Oskar Lind-bloom

ESPN insider's Corey Pronman recognized Oskar Lindblom in his biggest risers from 2014 draft article. The article is pay-to-view, but the snippet about the Flyers prospect is below.

Oskar Lindblom, LW, Philadelphia Flyers (Brynas, SHL)
2014-15 stats: 33 GP | 7 G | 5 A

Lindblom was introduced to many at the WJC, as he was one of the tournament's top scorers, but he's also had a solid season in Sweden's top league, at times working his way into middle-six minutes for Brynas. Head Philly scout Chris Pryor points to Lindblom's size, skill and feel for the game as his positive traits.

Lindblom's skating has also shown notable improvement, based on discussions with Swedish scouts and from games of his I've seen.

Lindblom had a coming-out party at the World Junior Championships earlier this year but hasn't quite produced professionally yet. He is only 18 so he has some time, and some great potential according to scouts.

He'll be a Phantoms next year.

If you already had your doubts about this trading deadline, here's something that's sure to heighten your anxiety and have you reaching for the blood pressure meds:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20150225_Coburn_could_be_sent_packing_with_Flyers__glut_of_defensemen.html

Trade Coburn and a pick to Anaheim for Nick Ritchie

It appears something will happen between now and tomorrow *if* Timonen plays...

Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli  2h2 hours ago
#Flyers did not put Colaiacovo on waivers today. They're at 23 players. Meaning, Timonen maybe won't play tom - or another move is coming.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN  2h2 hours ago
If Timonen is to play tomorrow, a roster move has to be made ...

Panaccio looks at some trade deadline options in terms of our forwards:

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-trade-deadline-tracker-forwards

Here are the two we usually talk about the most (and who have the most potential value):

----------

Brayden Schenn

2014-2015 cap hit: $2.5 million

Contract after 2015: $2.75; RFA

It might be time for the Flyers to move Schenn. He’s still very young, and still can progress into what the Flyers think he can become, but realistically speaking, it’s not going to happen here. Schenn’s a natural center being forced to play wing. It’s not working.

Schenn has a lot of potential, and he’s attractive to a lot of teams. In the past when the Flyers were “buying,” Schenn was often the first name teams asked for. The Flyers refused to move him because they view him as one of the core players.

He’s a restricted free agent in two years, and he’ll be in line for a raise. If the Flyers were buying this year, Schenn would be the ideal piece to move to acquire a big-time defenseman.

Possible landing spots: Winnipeg, Nashville, Florida

Tradability scale: 8

Sean Couturier

2014-2015 cap hit: $1.750 million

Contract after 2015: $1.5mm; $2mm; RFA

By now, you know the story. Couturier was an offensive dynamo in junior, as many players are at that level. When he was drafted with the eighth-overall pick in 2011, many expected him to produce right away. That hasn't been the case.

In reality, Couturier has developed into one of the best defensive-minded forwards in the NHL. He has future Selke winner written all over him. So any offense you get out of the 22-year-old is really just a bonus.

And for as much slack as Couturier gets for his, some say lack of, scoring, it's worth noting he has the same number of goals as Schenn, who was thought to be a future offensive stud when he was acquired from Los Angeles, this season.

Which brings us to the point: Couturier still has plenty of time to figure out his offensive game, but is already among the elite forwards in the league when it comes to defense. That makes his trade value very high.

It's going to take a pretty significant deal for Hextall to consider moving Couturier, however. The Flyers' GM remains adamant about keeping his younger players and not mortgaging the future. Teams will be interested, for sure. But Couturier will come at a high price.

Possible landing spots: Arizona, Edmonton, Buffalo

Tradability scale: 9

I seriously think Snider has a hand in this ****. He sees that the Flyers still have a chance to make the playoffs and has told Hextall that he cannot trade anyone away that would hurt the Flyers chances of making it. He most likely wants Hextall to buy but Hextall isn't willing to so now they are at a standstill.

Think about it, the Flyers have never been sellers unless they have no chance of making the playoffs. And this is total BS.

Kimmo to Hawks for '15 2nd and '16 conditional 4th. Not a bad deal.

I hate the Hawks but gotta root for them to win it all for Kimmo

That's good enough for me. I'm surprised we got a 2nd rounder for someone who hasn't played an NHL game this year. 

Love the guy. Wish him a Stanley Cup.

With Timonen coming back and Coburn as his linemate of several years I have to think that Grossman is the d-man the Flyers will trade.

They will trade Timmonen and maybe Coburn. Grossman is a tougher sell, but by all means if they can trade him they should.

Edit: oops. So far I'm half right!

If they deal Simmer I would be shocked and I really hope they don't. This team would be pillow soft without him and he has a great contract. Schenn I have no problem if the haul was large enough...

I'm certainly open to trading Brayden just haven't been over impressed with either Schenn so move them both...both are very underwhelming....so buh bye.

Especially for a decent return.

But i don't really want to move Simmer.

Archived