Coburn to Tampa for picks and prospect

bullies

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who won this trade?

• Tampa Bay Lightning
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Philadelphia Flyers Fans
    • Brayden Coburn
    • Everyone wins and there is much rejoicing along the East Coast.

Looks like he will fit right in with our current defense!   that was FUGLY!

LOL  Repeat after me:  It's all about the picks.  It's all about the picks.  It's all about the picks.

I'm okay.  They're on ice. Ice can be slippery sometimes.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How true is this??

Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN  9m9 minutes ago
When is the last time the Flyers made a trade and no one was mad and everyone on Twitter was like, "cool" ...?

I think everyone is tired of Coburn scoring on his own goalie or screening him without clearing the porch.....Coburn has the potential to be a much better player than he currently is he just rarely showed it here. Good luck to him and this looks win/win if they can figure out how to remove the excess bone from his head.

@TropicalFruitGirl26 You follow the Lightning more than most on here, what is your take on Gudas?

OK, Jammer, Podein, FC.... need some infor on this Radko dude.  I don't know much about him.

if you look at the video dont get too upset...

Radko appears to be a 3rd parining defensemen w/ a super high compete level and will hit.   Decent skater but will not be someone to that puts up points...

Assets: Is a great open-ice hitter and very good at disrupting offensive players' flow in the game. Will punish players with physicality. Also owns a heavy point shot. Flaws: Doesn't have high-end puck skills, so he has a tendency to make mistakes with the disc on his blade. Also needs to harness his physicality and avoid bad penalties. Career Potential: Aggressive defenseman with upside.

LOL  Repeat after me:  It's all about the picks.  It's all about the picks.  It's all about the picks.

I'm okay.  They're on ice. Ice can be slippery sometimes.

sounds like he could be a decent player and a Flyer type player...   Hopefully TFG can give us a little more insight but if I were a TB I would incredibly disappointed with this trade.  That is a lot to pay for Coburn and for that I am thankful... 

if you look at the video dont get too upset...

Radko appears to be a 3rd parining defensemen w/ a super high compete level and will hit.   Decent skater but will not be someone to that puts up points...

Assets: Is a great open-ice hitter and very good at disrupting offensive players' flow in the game. Will punish players with physicality. Also owns a heavy point shot. Flaws: Doesn't have high-end puck skills, so he has a tendency to make mistakes with the disc on his blade. Also needs to harness his physicality and avoid bad penalties. Career Potential: Aggressive defenseman with upside.

Cool.  Thanks MC.  Definitely sounds like he is still a work in progress with a 3rd pairing probably being his ceiling.  WIth a good mentor could possibly develop faster.  But the 1st round pick is what matters the most here.

sounds like he could be a decent player and a Flyer type player...   Hopefully TFG can give us a little more insight but if I were a TB I would incredibly disappointed with this trade.  That is a lot to pay for Coburn and for that I am thankful... 

Agreed on all counts.  Yeah, he's young and apparently slotted for third pair, so him plus the picks I'm happy as a Palin in ****.    Actually, I'm just ecstatic about the "Coburn Traded" part.

OK, Jammer, Podein, FC.... need some infor on this Radko dude.  I don't know much about him.

He's a tough as nails defensive d-men....basically the replacement for Grossmann (I'm thinking he gets moved today and the price is going up as we speak). He will give a good honest effort and can punish opposing forwards and is respectable at clearing the front of the net. A big bruiser, he will be a huge fan favourite in Philly.

#thoughtSteviewassmarterthanthis

Didn't they learn from Carle? Coburn is basically Carle without the offensive production. That is a LOT of cap space to tie up in 2 d-men who are prone to brain farts. This move will backfire, the defensive core that Stevie is building is not good enough to  make a run at the Cup.

LOVE the return on this trade, now sitting pretty with 2 first round picks in quite possibley the best draft ever....and a decent defensive guy to boot.

Can we dare to dream...can we unload Luke the Fluke, or is that  getting greedy?  LOL....Grossmann and Luke leaving would be perfect, sign MDZ and Carlo to replace them short term, until the kids are ready...we would lack a defensive presence in our own zone the rest of the way....but would be a much more mobile defense and Radko and Morin can take care of the dirty stuff next year!

Hopefully Grossmann is next.  Wow... Hexy is doing fantastic work so far.

My wish list for today in no particular order:

Move the "The Schenn" 

Grossman - bye bye

McDud - find the Village Idiot who will accept him into the colony

VLC - see McDud

Agreed on all counts.  Yeah, he's young and apparently slotted for third pair, so him plus the picks I'm happy as a Palin in ****.    Actually, I'm just ecstatic about the "Coburn Traded" part.

I know it sounds corny but I feel like w/ Coburn gone we are entering a new era...  All Hextall has to do is keep on doing what he is doing!  Making great moves thus far...

I know it sounds corny but I feel like w/ Coburn gone we are entering a new era...  All Hextall has to do is keep on doing what he is doing!  Making great moves thus far...

Exactly!! Finally we are in the receiving end of overpaying for players!! Yzerman must've learned from Holmgren.

Sorry folks.  I was screwing around with trying to get a link from the "Rumors and Trades" board and fumbled it along the way.  Sorry if it screwed up anyone's links.

He's a tough as nails defensive d-men....basically the replacement for Grossmann (I'm thinking he gets moved today and the price is going up as we speak). He will give a good honest effort and can punish opposing forwards and is respectable at clearing the front of the net. A big bruiser, he will be a huge fan favourite in Philly.

Thanks.  Really sounds like Grossmann junior type d-man, which is fine by me.

Can we dare to dream...can we unload Luke the Fluke, or is that  getting greedy?  LOL....Grossmann and Luke leaving would be perfect, sign MDZ and Carlo to replace them short term, until the kids are ready...we would lack a defensive presence in our own zone the rest of the way....but would be a much more mobile defense and Radko and Morin can take care of the dirty stuff next year!

That being said, we need to be ready for a bumpier ride on D next year. Gudas, and some youngsters are definitely gonna make us weaker on the back end than Coburn and whoever else gets traded today.

It will be rough for a few years for sure.

My wish list for today in no particular order:

Move the "The Schenn" 

Grossman - bye bye

McDud - find the Village Idiot who will accept him into the colony

VLC - see McDud

I am guessing Grossmann is as good as gone.

McDudd will be difficult to move due to his contract, but everything is possible of course.  If Hexy finds a way to just lose him wihjout evn getting ANYthing back, I will be really, really happy.  But like you said, it will take a very stupid GM to do this.

I have to say I really don't understand what Yzerman is doing.  That's a tremendous overvaluing of Coburn.  I can see that *maybe* he is a bit of a better fit in Tampa than here, but he is what he is.  I can see Tampa fans turning on him very quickly.

Of all the players that the Flyers traded in recent years, Coburn is easlily the one who I will miss the least.

That being said, we need to be ready for a bumpier ride on D next year. Gudas, and some youngsters are definitely gonna make us weaker on the back end than Coburn and whoever else gets traded today.

It will be rough for a few years for sure.

I don't mind it at all as long as they are developing the young players. Glad we have a direction and plan now, just need to find the right coach to have patients with them.

The Sixers sucks but they are doing it the right way, they are losing but the future looks brighter then the past 10+ years. I feel with Hextall, the Flyers are too.

Coburn won't be top pairing in Tampa, he'll cause some tooth gnashing here when he gets there and plays well. He never sucked...well maybe a little this season, he will play minutes commensurate to his abilities and will be effective as "the other guy" instead of "the guy". I wish him well .Playing in his role again will be good for him.

That said , he needed to go. And I am pleased with the return regardless of Gudas working out.

P

I don't mind it at all as long as they are developing the young players. Glad we have a direction and plan now, just need to find the right coach to have patients with them.

The Sixers sucks but they are doing it the right way, they are losing but the future looks brighter then the past 10+ years. I feel with Hextall, the Flyers are too.

I was on board with thinking Hinkie was doing it the right way until he unloaded KJ for a handful of nothing. I'm glad I'm not coach Brown, get a group playing well and the boss breaks 'em up.

I was on board with thinking Hinkie was doing it the right way until he unloaded KJ for a handful of nothing. I'm glad I'm not coach Brown, get a group playing well and the boss breaks 'em up.

I was not happy either but I think I get his point. Don't tie up cap space for role players until you get a few franchise players in place. KJ was good here but he is just a role player.

Archived