Most stupid comment you have seen a hockey fan make.

JagerMeister

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A kid I'll call "Timmy" had a really good shot.  He's on the point.  The puck comes to him.  His coach hollers "let her go, Tim".  So, he lifts his stick and lets the puck go out of the zone.  

The kid comes back to the bench, folds his arms, as most kids do when they're angry.  I'm standing at the end, trying not to laugh.  The kid glares at me like it's my fault that his coach told him to do such a dumb thing.

• 8 months later...

I seen someone this past summer talk about Chip Kelly and his time with the Oregon St Beavers i can't remember who that lunatic was.... ;)

...i think Kelly is headed back to the Beavers!

LMAO! Yeah, that HAS to be included in any thread about stupid comments!

Going off what I mentioned about Taylor Hall a few comments ago... The other night, the Sportsnet crew were talking about how Taylor Hall has finally taken the next step forward, and how it took Connor McDavid to show him you can move the puck out from your own zone.......... Hall has always done that; he never had a defenseman capable of making a pass to him. Step forward finally? In his 6th season now, and this is his third time in the top 10 in scoring.

Sometimes, I really don't know how these guys are paid to say what they say. When I had my own hockey site, doing studies, etc, etc, etc, I had to write a "Dear Idiot" letter a few times per week, but that's fine; those guys aren't paid to understand hockey. These guys on TV, though, are presented as experts, and it's just as bad as it ever was.

Going off what I mentioned about Taylor Hall a few comments ago... The other night, the Sportsnet crew were talking about how Taylor Hall has finally taken the next step forward, and how it took Connor McDavid to show him you can move the puck out from your own zone.......... Hall has always done that; he never had a defenseman capable of making a pass to him. Step forward finally? In his 6th season now, and this is his third time in the top 10 in scoring.

Sometimes, I really don't know how these guys are paid to say what they say. When I had my own hockey site, doing studies, etc, etc, etc, I had to write a "Dear Idiot" letter a few times per week, but that's fine; those guys aren't paid to understand hockey. These guys on TV, though, are presented as experts, and it's just as bad as it ever was.

Yep, I hear ya, @JR Ewing

Some of these guys really DO put the 'anal' in ANALYST, don't they? :lol:

When Mason first came to Philly, Jeremy Roenick went on and on about what a horrible move it was for Philly.

That part is fine. Except that everything he said indicated he was talking about CHRIS Mason rather than Steve. Come on, JR. You're being paid to have an "expert" opinion; at least do enough to figure out what player you're talking about.

• 1 month later...

The official's signal for charging is the same as a basketball ref's for traveling.  We're watching a game with the mother of my son's teammate.  I liked her, but she doesn't know s##t about hockey and she's loud.  Anyway, her kid gets whistled for charging.  For the rest of the game, she's hollering at the ref "traveling, traveling.".  

Took me a little while to figure out what the hell she meant.  

One of my kid's teammates liked to pass the time on long bus rides by mooning traffic from a window.  One day, he greeted a state trooper with his side-ways smile.  

That person is now an official with the NHL.

We need more people with his attitude.

Archived