Most stupid comment you have seen a hockey fan make.

JagerMeister

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should start this thread....just a bit ago, having a go-round with a hardcore Boston fan on another site....

He said, "Boston's best period is their 3rd...you best watch out"

I showed him where Bos 3rd period goal scoring was 46 goals (28th in the league), whereas TB was 91 goals (1st in league)

We had this conversation before the 3rd period.

He goes on to say how the NESN announcers (that's LOL quality right there), say that Boston is MONEY in the 3rd.

3rd period starts, He then tells me his Bruins are now entering their best period.

Ummm...ok. 

:)

If you want some really good material for this thread, check out the reader comments on the Flyers' Facebook page.    Epically stupid stuff on there.

Funny thing is, MOST sites / pages / blogs that cater to a specific franchises teem with that sort of thing.

I've been asked many times why I don't spend more time on all Lightning or all Wild sites, well, ^^^ this is why!

The dumbassity on there is through the roof!  :cool[1]:

"I don't see what the big deal with the Islanders is. Look the same to me"---anonymous Blackhawk fan after his team grabs a win against the Islanders.

Look, the Isles may very well not win it all this year, but if you can't tell the difference between this version of the Isles and the pathetic squads crapped out by Garth Snow in the past, then you might really be in line to have your NHL fandom card taken from you!

Not to mention, it's just a dumb comment.

The most stupid comment I've heard from any fan was actually from somebody who gets paid to talk about hockey for a living....Kelly Hrudy actually muttered the words "Datsuyk is not a highly skilled player" on tv.....LMAO!!

The most stupid comment I've heard from any fan was actually from somebody who gets paid to talk about hockey for a living....Kelly Hrudy actually muttered the words "Datsuyk is not a highly skilled player" on tv.....LMAO!!

Spoken like a true guy who probably has been burned more times than he cares to count by a 'dangler'..........

Not cool. It's not his fault he speaks some foreign language....

Yeah, but you don't know the background either, it has nothing to do with English being a second language and everything to do with making posts meant to incite and inflame. Everyone has a right to their opinions, but when you express them for the soul purpose of inflaming a situation, that is a lot closer to trolling than posting opinions.

Not cool. It's not his fault he speaks some foreign language....

Gibberish is not a foreign language. ;)

(honestly, I think he was actually from Philly... Which isn't his fault either)

I got another one from today debating fellow hockey fans on youtube.

"Lemieux would be an average player in today's league"

and I said, if Jagr could put up 120 points as a 34 year old, then Mario would be able to do even better in his prime.

he replies with, "Jagr is a far better player than lemieux"

I stopped replying at that point, and I thought I was a Jagr fanboy.

Gibberish is not a foreign language. ;)

(honestly, I think he was actually from Philly... Which isn't his fault either)

well,
gibberish? Amazing, I didn't even know he was speaking english...

Yeah, but you don't know the background either, it has nothing to do with English being a second language and everything to do with making posts meant to incite and inflame. Everyone has a right to their opinions, but when you express them for the soul purpose of inflaming a situation, that is a lot closer to trolling than posting opinions.

I thought it was him not being able to form proper sentences or something like that

How about every Leaf fan I've known in my lifetime....at least 20 times since I've known them..some over 30 years, they mutter the phrase "we got the Cup"...it's an annual rite of spring....and it's beyond stupid.

While sitting next to some fans at Xcel Energy Center.....

"Wild should just rotate all three goalies the rest of the season, Dubnyk, Kuemper, Backstrom. That way they all stay sharp."

Umm...no...just NO!

I realize it would be nice to have Devan Dubnyk get a rest here and there, but really, Dubnyk says he is fine, he wants the start, apparently the coaching staff agrees because he continues to play (and win)....why would you want to put in at this point, put in guys who have not seen NHL action in eons unless there is a damned good reason Dubnyk can't go?

And to get a guy like Kuemper a spot start here and there...that in itself isn't dumb (if you can afford to), but to set up a three headed goalie monster situation, diminish any 'groove' Dubnyk may be in, and not really do ANYTHING for Backstrom and Kuemper, who most likely WON'T play in the post season should Minnesota make it in?

No thanks.

Just plain cement headed trying to set up a three way in goal for a team that is still playing quite well...talk about wanting to fix what isn't broken......

"But the Leafs have won 11 Cups so they're a successful franchise"

I know the post was in jest...but how about Meatloaf....he thought 2 out of 3 was not bad....well how about 1 out of 6 ....how bad is that.....11 times out of 60 or so....just the pure odds say they would win that many with a 6 team league, even with Montreal cheating and taking all the french players for their own....lol.

About a month ago, he was saying that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is a 3rd line center... Just comes with the territory with Hrudey, though he seems like a pleasant enough fella.

Archived